Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Psy-Changeling Series

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is for discussions of Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling Series.

Slave to Sensation
Visions of Heat
Caressed By Ice
Mine to Possess
Hostage to Pleasure
Branded by Fire
Blaze of Memory
Bonds of Justice (Coming out in July)

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh [image error] Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh

This is a link to her website, with lots of info about this series. But there is a warning, spoilers might be included! Psy-Changeling Series Behind the Scenes Page

FYI - I'll open this post for comments on March 1st!

message 2: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is now open for discussions. Enjoy!

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments For anyone who hasn't read this series yet, PLEASE do not judge the books by their cheesy covers. I remember getting the first book at BN and like trying to hide the cover from other people. It looks so embarassing, but it's great!!

I think the series gets better with each book, and each book has a different plot. So it's not like the first book is then replicated another 8 times. The story is consistently evolving.

I can't wait for Bonds of Justice!!!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 237 comments I haven't read these yet. Due to the covers I'll probably get the ebook of Slave to Sensation to read this month.

message 5: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Ok, this question has been bugging me for a while. So sorry if it's a stupid question! Feel free to laugh at me!

What is a Psy-Changeling?

message 6: by Sarah ~Sehrenity~ (last edited Mar 01, 2010 04:39PM) (new)

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 766 comments I've read the first three and loved them.

Kelley Anne, a Psy-Changeling is not one being, but two races. Psy are cold, emotionless beings with psychic powers. Very alien feeling. Changelings are your basic shifters, living in the standard clan scenario with pack leaders and lieutenants. Very hot blooded.

The ones I've read so far follow the plot of having one Changeling fall in love with and thaw the emotions of the cold Psy hottie.

It's really one of the freshest new series I've read. I like that it's different.

message 7: by Jess (last edited Mar 09, 2010 08:19PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Just something to think about:

If you were to find yourself placed in this series, what type of character would you be?

Which is your favorite book and why?

Which is your least favorite book and why?

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Ha! I've put off reading this series due to the awful covers, but new UK releases are being issued so I'm finally going to check them out (Slave to Sensation should be arriving today). Here are the covers for the first three:

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Caressed by Ice The Psy-Changeling Series by Nalini Singh

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Ha! I've put off reading this series due to the awful covers, but new UK releases are being issued so I'm finally going to check them out (Slave to Sensation should be arriving today). Here are t..."

You are completely right about the covers Darkheart. They make me cringe. I wish they would release the UK covers here in the US. I think so many more people would pick them up.

I hope you enjoy the series!!!

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3119 comments Those covers are so much better, thanks for sharing them DarkHeart. I do agree with Jess about the covers. The world that the series is set in is a fun one with all the different people and the net they are linked into. And as always things aren't always black and white. I like as the series goes they explain why silence was instituted. One one hand it seems like a good idea, but the side effect of no feelings really aren't worth it.

message 11: by new_user (new)

new_user Thank goodness for the new covers. I love the politics that are revealed with each book. would be a shifter, no doubt! I can't decide which kind. I would love to fly. *-* Although the mental powers of the Psy are pretty cool too.

My favorite book was either Caressed by Ice or Blaze of Memory. Dev from the last book really resonated with me, but heroes were hawt and both books were action-packed.

My least fave's Branded by Fire. The relationship was too much queen and vassal for me, LOL.

message 12: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments So yesterday afternoon I ended up finally getting Slave to Sensation from the library. Went off to work, came home and really should have gotten some sleep. Instead, I was stupid enough to think that I could read just the first few chapters of that book!!! I ended up reading it straight through, and today am dealing with pretty much no sleep!

I really enjoyed it. Somewhat surprised at just how much I did like it! Very different from what I was expecting, and impossible to put down.

message 13: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3119 comments Glad to hear that you liked it Kelley Anne. You know that is a sign of a good book when you put off everything else to read it.

message 14: by new_user (new)

new_user You'll like the next books even better. :D

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "So yesterday afternoon I ended up finally getting Slave to Sensation from the library. Went off to work, came home and really should have gotten some sleep. Instead, I was stupid enough to think ..."

YAY!! Now you have to read the rest ;)

message 16: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Dang! I think I'm hooked! Gotten basically nothing done today because I've been reading Visions of Heat

message 17: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL! She's been caught!

message 18: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4414 comments It's only fair, just like the rest of us!

message 19: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments 3rd day in the row that I've ended up at the library to get the next book in this series. Today I figured that I'd just pick up as many as them as I can! Don' have time to get back there this weekend! But they didn't have Mine to Possess, and probably wont have it for at least a week or two. Would I be able to skip that one and read the next or should I read some of the million other books I have waiting and wait until I can get that one?

message 20: by Nichole (DirrtyH) (last edited Mar 19, 2010 11:12AM) (new)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Mmm... you should probably wait for Mine to Possess. You would probably still enjoy the next books if you skipped it, but the heroine from the next book, Hostage to Pleasure, is introduced in Mine to Possess so I think you'd enjoy that one a little bit more if you read MtP first.

message 21: by new_user (new)

new_user Agree with Nichole, particularly if you're interested in the overall plot apart from the romance.

message 22: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Dang it! Oh well, I'll just have to go back to my re-reads of the Mercy series and the BDB series!

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) You could always mosey on down to the B&N...

message 24: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I'm tempted to!

message 25: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Nichole wrote: "You could always mosey on down to the B&N..."

Those are exactly the thoughts that get all us addicts in trouble. I mean.. book-readers, not addicts. :)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Loved Branded by Fire, on to Blaze of Memory! Then I'll be all catched up. :)

message 27: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Jess wrote: "Just something to think about:

If you were to find yourself placed in this series, what type of character would you be?

Which is your favorite book and why?

Which is your least favorite book a..."

Hmm...I probably would like to be a feline changeling...part of Lucas' pack.

Favorite book is Judd's book Caressed By Ice. Love how the IceMan melted. : )

Least favorite..not because its bad...would probably be Visions of Heat, just because it seems to be a repeat of Lucas and Sasha's dilemma. Although I still like Faith and Vaughn.