Start by marking “Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)” as Want to Read:
Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)

Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  25,560 Ratings  ·  1,439 Reviews
Hailed as a major new talent in paranormal romance, Nalini Singh takes us deeper into the world of the Psy and the changelings in her latest extraordinary novel, where a gifted woman sees passion in her future - a passion that is absolutely forbidden by her kind...

Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad s
Mass Market Paperback, 332 pages
Published March 6th 2007 by Berkley Sensation (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Visions of Heat, please sign up.

Kristen
4 1/2 to 5—FANTASTIC—Stars!

I'm dying to start the next book, so I'll simply say:

I LOVED THIS BOOK!

I LOVED THE HERO, VAUGHN!

I LOVED THE HEROINE, FAITH!

I LOVED THE LOVE STORY.

I LOVED the secondary characters.
I LOVEDthe world building.
I LOVED the plot.
I LOVED the drama.
I LOVED the action.
I LOVED the slight suspense.
I LOVED the humor.
I LOVED the eroticism.
I especially LOVED the NetMind.
Yep! That's A lot of LOVES. Lol

The conversations between the NetMind and Faith were some of my favorite
Maya
description

Man, I'm so happy I started reading this series, it's trully awesome. There is a reason Nalini Singh is one of the best (if not the best) PNR writers and this story is definitely one of the reasons why! I simply can't get enough of this fantastic world she created and the plot structure. Each character is super individual and interesting, each plot is original and when reading the book you can really let yourself go and dive into this magical world. Just wow! Enough with talking, I'm on to readi
Navessa
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to keep this short because thanks to this book I haven’t moved in about nine hours, my hair is greasy, I’m frigging starving and I’m also uncomfortably aroused. So, uh…more to come. Later.
Vilda
"She'll tear you up worse than any animal, make you feel as if your heart's being cut into a thousand pieces, but she'll also heal you in a way no one else will ever be able to do."

After loving the first book, I have no idea why it took me so long to finally pick up Visions of Heat, but I'm glad a challenge finally pushed me into doing so. However, I'm a bit disappointed I didn't love it more.

I really loved the world (it's such a fascinating one!), but I didn't quite connect enough with the ch
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish by: Kristen

4 "love the story" stars!

This review includes my thoughts on the audio version.

This world that Nalini Singh has created is amazing. Absolutely enthralling! I love the way the stories unfold, the trials, the triumphs... it's a brilliant world, overall.

This particular story was a bit slow to start, and I had some problems getting into it. But once things started rolling, I was hooked and couldn't get through it fast enough.

I wasn't as impressed with Angela Dawe's narration this time. She does a gr
Leah
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Leah by: Karen ~ Divhine
Visions of Heat is the second book in Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series and yet another great installment. Like I said in my review of Slave to Sensation, I did not expect to like this series. As a matter of fact, I figured that I would read the first one and have no desire to continue the series. Boy was I ever wrong. I'm sitting here at 1:52 A.M. wishing that I had the third book so I could start it right away tomorrow. Alas, it is not to be. But damn, I really need to get out and buy these ...more
Karla

4 1/2 Stars for the Voracious Vaughn! Unbelievably sensual, passionate, irrefutable character chemistry, yet the story isn’t overloaded with descriptive sexual details. The writing is near orgasmic and Nalini Singh knows how to make her readers feel as much as the characters in her books! I found myself reading with my mouth slightly parted, and I might have even been panting!! How embarrassing!!

Not quite as captivating as the first book, bogged down in a little too much detail, where the overa
Blacky *Romance Addict*
It is done. I am officially hooked on this series and won't be reading anything untill I finish it Photobucket

I don't know what is it with me and movies lol but this one reminded me of Minority Report :) Faith is a Psy who can see the future, she is isolated from everyone, even her own kind, her life centered only on the visions she's having. One day she learns that her sister has been murdered, and in the same way she's been dreaming about, so being affraid of the visions, she goes in search for Sascha,
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
2.5 meh stars + 0.5 stars for the world building.

What went wrong here? I don't really know. It just feels like I've just read a poor version of Slave to Sensation, with more romance and less suspense/action.

The world building is still great but I expected Singh to dig a bit deeper here. Granted, the NetMind/DarkMind thing is pretty cool and we get to learn a bit more about the Silence Protocol but that's as far as Singh goes in terms of world expansion which is a bit disappointing. There is ta
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Visions of Heat is a fantastic second book that goes further into the escalating conflict between the emotionless, cold, psychically powerful Psy race and the Changelings (shifters that are both human and animal) in the year 2079.

Faith Nightstar is a powerful F-Psy, a foreseer, who has been completely isolated due to the dangerous power and strain of her potent psychic ability and used for the monetary gain of the Psy-Council. But lately she’s been tormented by distu
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!

Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

4.5 Stars? Aaahhh... Make it 5! ^_^

“Tell a child something often enough and she starts to believe it.” ~ Sascha to Faith
*sigh* I LOVED this book even more the second time around!!

While my re-read of Slave to Sensation had me dreaming (again!) about being enslaved by the delicious Lucas Hunter *grins*... it more seriously had me contemplating the concept of a “society without emotion” that is the Psy. In my re-read of Visions of Heat, the theme that be

DarienMoya
Apr 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
^^ VISIONS OF VAUGHN!^^

If Vaughn was a Tree: I would climb him and make a nest.
A Medium Size Pool: I would do laps all day long.
A Bath Tub: I would soak all day.
If Vaughn was naked, I would be naked too.

I am happy that I enjoyed the second book in the Psy-Changeling series; I was having some doubts after the first one where it took some time to really get into the story. I was in love in love from the moment the very sexy Sentinel named Vaughn mentioned his first words in the book.

Quick rundow
Angela
To be honest, this, Visions of Heat, has always been one of my least favorite books in this series - I'm not sure how much that's actually saying, considering most of these books rate beyond my scale of awesomeness, but there are issues (and I look over my previous notes after this re-read, it didn't always hit me as strongly as it did this time, but the issues were always there for me).

My number one biggest issue? Vaughn. Especially in the first 35% or so of the book. He's a pushy asshole. Ther
Alex is The Romance Fox
After reading the 1st book in Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling Series, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... which I really liked, I was eager to continue reading more about the interesting world that the author created.

Visions of Heat the follow-up is the story of Vaughn D’Angelo, a jaguar Changeling adopted by the DarkRiver leopard clan
 photo psy-changeling-vaughn_zpsbfgvwix6.jpg

And Faith Nightstar a Cardinal F-Psy
 photo 15e96b71d66922f402ab00b6b5e5c946_zpskxfqsn8p.jpg
I totally engaged with these two characters.
"You can see the future, Faith. That makes you extraordinary."—Vaughn
T
5 stars!!!!!!!! (duh.)

I. Couldn't. Put. It. Down. I'm addicted.

I absolutely loved Vaughn and Faith. L-O-V-E-D them together. They're so perfect for each other.

And Vaughn is just.. Yum. Hehe.

So to sum it up: I FREAKING LOVED IT.
new_user
Oct 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
I definitely liked this book better than the first Psy-Changeling novel. This was a much fuller story. I had the sense that the author had a plan as she wrote this installment.

In Visions, Singh has developed her vision of the future, and she has the perfect tool: a character deeply entrenched in the world and workings of the cold, mentally gifted Psy. Whereas the first novel's protagonist, Sascha, lived on the fringes of her community as a "defective" Psy, Faith is a highly valued and carefully
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Although once again I loved this book I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

Vaughn

Vaughn is awesome of course but he lacks some of the edge that made Lucas so hot. He is supposed to be more feral but to me he seemed more tame. Maybe it's the difference between alpha and Alpha. I think my main poblem was that he accepted his "mating" way too easily, especially with a silenced, soulless Psy.

Faith

Faith again I liked but not as much as Sascha. She wasn't as easily loved as the Empath girl. Mayb
◊♦ Naomi

I'm not going to write a big review for this one. I did love it as well, I liked Faith a little less than Sascha, she was a bit too naive for me. I did love Vaughn and I liked them together. The plot was good, Psy serial-killer, once again, scary shit. Lots of interesting things in this book, we learn a lot more about the PsyNet etc. I loved that, I love this new world and I cannot wait for more.

Loved the secondary characters as well. I cannot wait for Dorian's book and I know Judd's next...this
Lisa Kay
Vaughn D’Angelo in jaguar form.
[image error]

★★★★✩ I liked this one, the second in the Psy-Changeling series; but not as much as the first. Don’t get me wrong; four stars are impressive. And I LOVE this author’s “voice”. I’m almost tempted to bump it up to 4 stars. However, I had to put it down for a couple days. The “darkness” – or The Über Creep – that was plaguing Faith was a little too dark for me right now. Maybe I’ll listen to this on audio in about a year and I’ll love it. There were a cou
Glamdring

"Sleep, Red. I've got you."

Faith belongs to one of the most powerful PsyClan. She’s the most talented cardinal F-Psy of her generation. Before Silence, the F-Psys predictions affected all life areas (be it minor or major), but since the implementation of the protocol, the F-Psys talent has been strictly confined to the economics sphere. So when Faith starts to have visions of murders, she thinks that she is slowly sinking into madness.

Her designation has a high rate of madness. Already monitor
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Nalini Singh fans and paranormal romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Elena R and Suzanne
Visions of Heat is the second book in Singh’s amazing Psy-Changling series. And although I adored Lucas Hunter in the first book, I think his Sentinel Vaughn is giving the alpha a run for his money!

I adore Vaughn! Of the Pack, his animal side prowls at the surface of his mind more than the others. As a jaguar, he has this wild possessiveness and dark sensuality that makes him stand out of the Pack. I definitely wouldn’t mind finding him crawling through my sunroof! I adored his all-or-nothing a
Ezinwanyi  (Oh My Shelves)

I am enjoying this series. The world building, plot and characters are creative and intriguing. This sequel featured Vaughn and Faith Nightstar, an F-Psy.

Faith came to changling territory in search of Sasha Duncan, who defected in book 1. Faith is having bizarre dreams and felt like she was losing her mind. When her sister was murdered, Faith knew something nefarious was afoot. She hoped Sasha would help her fill in the blanks.

Vaughn, a sentinel of the Darkhaven leopards, didn't trust Psy but he
Kate's Corner
I’m actually quite annoyed with myself that I didn’t start this series sooner. I’ve been missing out big time and I’m really regretting it.

Personally I think that the first books cannot be read as standalones as this is a build up to an extraordinary world and that it is important to start from the beginning. You have to be prepared to be in it for the long haul.

5 blood for blood, flesh for flesh, life for life Stars.

Faith NightStar is one of the most talented F-Psy out there she has a strong
Choko
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 3.75 ***

A monthly buddy read with the Paranormals at BB&B!!!

This is a pure, old school Paranormal Romance series set in a world inhibited by humans, psy, and changelings (shifters). The difference in the races are fascinating, and although we have gotten very comfortable with the "existence" of animal to human shifters in UF since the inception of the genre, we are much less likely to encounter creatures like the Psy, and when we do, it is usually in a more Science Fiction settings. Mix
Bubu
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr
2.5 stars Again, rounding it up. It didn't annoy me as much as the previous HR book (*scoffs*) had done. No really, I keep lowering my standards it seems.

Can somebody please explain the concept of NetMind to me? I don't consider myself as completely stupid, but it seems I am. I do get the Web of Stars and the PsyNet, etc. but couldn't help scratching my head at the NetMind. Or maybe I wasn't really paying attention.

Anyway, 2.5 stars and I still wish/hope/demand that GR give us the option to rate
Jilly
This is the story of Faith and Vaughn. Faith is an Oracle of sorts. She can see the future and because of this skill she makes a lot of money for businesses by predicting the "market". (This is the future world, we don't know if it's the stock market, or the Oculus Rift market, or Sky-net, or the store where they sell Soylent Green. It's just the Market.)

So, Faith is a very important tool for the Psy's because she is extremely accurate and well-paid for her predictions. The Psy race keeps her pr
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I originally put this as 4 stars, but after rereading it I have decided it deserves 5 stars instead!

This book in the Psy-Changeling series focuses on the Senital Vaughn, a Changeling whose Jaguar lives closer to the surface then most, and Faith Nightstar an F-Psy, which is a Psy that can forecast the future. Faith only forecasts about business and commerce all other events being suppressed by the Silence protocol, murder and death, fear and anger are not allowed by the Psy. But recently she has
Beanbag Love
Dec 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I didn't like this one as much as the first in Singh's "Psy-Changeling" series. When I reviewed "Slave to Sensation" I mentioned that I found the Psy off-putting. What I meant was that they aren't all that compelling to me as romantic leads. That is, UNTIL they let go of the Silence that blocks all their emotions.

For the first 60% of this book I felt like I was just reading the first book with new characters in the lead. The last 40% saved this book from a three star. Until then we had the same
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea #3.5; Psy-Changeling #0.6; Iron Seas #0.5)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #17; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2)
  • Heart Choice (Celta's Heartmates, #4)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Demon Night (The Guardians, #3)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling #10)
  • Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling #11)

“How do you know it'll be pleasurable?" He got on the bed and lay down.

Breath a whisper, she came closer and tied one wrist to the headboard. The cat growled but didn't try to make him wrench free.

"Because just looking at you gives me the most extreme pleasure I've ever felt."

"Christ, baby, tie me up before you start talking like that.”
49 likes
“Human women have been slapping men for being bastards for centuries. You were doing what comes naturally.” 35 likes