Start by marking “Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)” as Want to Read:
Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)

Visions of Heat

(Psy-Changeling #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  29,424 ratings  ·  1,717 reviews
Hailed as a major new talent in paranormal romance, Nalini Singh takes us deeper into the world of the Psy and the changelings in her latest extraordinary novel, where a gifted woman sees passion in her future - a passion that is absolutely forbidden by her kind...

Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad s
Mass Market Paperback, 332 pages
Published March 6th 2007 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Visions of Heat, please sign up.
Julia Shore Yes it is the sequel to that book but it features a new hero and heroine although Sascha and Lucas do make appearances.

·  29,424 ratings  ·  1,717 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Re-read: 3/31/19...felt like reading this on my plane today for some reason...
Re-read: 11/27/18

5 Stars

I loved this book just as much as I loved book one.

I adore the world Singh has built here and I love her writing, characters, and plots.

She is a true talent and I would recommend this series and her Angel series to anyone who loves solid PNR.
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
I liked this book just as much as the first one. I loved Faith and I liked Vaughn. I loved the plot. I actually liked Faith's dad and I can't wait to see if the Psy rebel. Vaughn and Faith had a nice connection and I enjoyed reading about Faith letting go of her fear of touch. Overall I am really enjoying this series and I can't wait for book 3.
Kristen
4 1/2 to 5—FANTASTIC—Stars!

I'm dying to start the next book, so I'll simply say:

I LOVED THIS BOOK!

I LOVED THE HERO, VAUGHN!

I LOVED THE HEROINE, FAITH!

I LOVED THE LOVE STORY.

I LOVED the secondary characters.
I LOVEDthe world building.
I LOVED the plot.
I LOVED the drama.
I LOVED the action.
I LOVED the slight suspense.
I LOVED the humor.
I LOVED the eroticism.
I especially LOVED the NetMind.
Yep! That's A lot of LOVES. Lol

The conversations between the NetMind and Faith were some of my favorite
Sophia Triad
Faith Nightstar (Psy) and Vaughn D'Angelo (Changeling)

Faith is the best F-Psy i.e. of the foreseers. She has been working since she was three years old and she could talk. She almost never leaves her home, she has security 24 hours per day, her meals are planned and if she has to make contact with the Psy who is responsible for her in certain intervals of time. Otherwise everyone is worried. Sometimes she is so lost in her visions of the future that she forgets to eat or drink.

Faith had never l
Maya
description

Man, I'm so happy I started reading this series, it's trully awesome. There is a reason Nalini Singh is one of the best (if not the best) PNR writers and this story is definitely one of the reasons why! I simply can't get enough of this fantastic world she created and the plot structure. Each character is super individual and interesting, each plot is original and when reading the book you can really let yourself go and dive into this magical world. Just wow! Enough with talking, I'm on to readi
Navessa
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’m going to keep this short because thanks to this book I haven’t moved in about nine hours, my hair is greasy, I’m frigging starving and I’m also uncomfortably aroused. So, uh…more to come. Later.
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommended to UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish by: Kristen

4 "love the story" stars!

This review includes my thoughts on the audio version.

This world that Nalini Singh has created is amazing. Absolutely enthralling! I love the way the stories unfold, the trials, the triumphs... it's a brilliant world, overall.

This particular story was a bit slow to start, and I had some problems getting into it. But once things started rolling, I was hooked and couldn't get through it fast enough.

I wasn't as impressed with Angela Dawe's narration this time. She does a gr
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Loved Faith and Vaughn. This world is so complex and rich. Can't wait for the next one!
Kate's Corner
First read 27/03/2018 - 28/03/2016 - 5 ★
Currently rereading 26/06/2018 - 27/06/2018 nothing has changed still 5 ★

I’m actually quite annoyed with myself that I didn’t start this series sooner. I’ve been missing out big time and I’m really regretting it. ⇦ Still true.

Personally I think that the first books cannot be read as standalones as this is a build up to an extraordinary world and that it is important to start from the beginning. You have to be prepared to be in it for the long haul. It mak
Leah
Jan 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Leah by: Karen ~ Divhine
Visions of Heat is the second book in Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series and yet another great installment. Like I said in my review of Slave to Sensation, I did not expect to like this series. As a matter of fact, I figured that I would read the first one and have no desire to continue the series. Boy was I ever wrong. I'm sitting here at 1:52 A.M. wishing that I had the third book so I could start it right away tomorrow. Alas, it is not to be. But damn, I really need to get out and buy these ...more
Blacky *Romance Addict*
It is done. I am officially hooked on this series and won't be reading anything untill I finish it Photobucket

I don't know what is it with me and movies lol but this one reminded me of Minority Report :) Faith is a Psy who can see the future, she is isolated from everyone, even her own kind, her life centered only on the visions she's having. One day she learns that her sister has been murdered, and in the same way she's been dreaming about, so being affraid of the visions, she goes in search for Sascha,
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
2.5 meh stars + 0.5 stars for the world building.

What went wrong here? I don't really know. It just feels like I've just read a poor version of Slave to Sensation, with more romance and less suspense/action.

The world building is still great but I expected Singh to dig a bit deeper here. Granted, the NetMind/DarkMind thing is pretty cool and we get to learn a bit more about the Silence Protocol but that's as far as Singh goes in terms of world expansion which is a bit disappointing. There is ta
Karla

4 1/2 Stars for the Voracious Vaughn! Unbelievably sensual, passionate, irrefutable character chemistry, yet the story isn’t overloaded with descriptive sexual details. The writing is near orgasmic and Nalini Singh knows how to make her readers feel as much as the characters in her books! I found myself reading with my mouth slightly parted, and I might have even been panting!! How embarrassing!!

Not quite as captivating as the first book, bogged down in a little too much detail, where the overa
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*I didn't like it*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The second book in the series centers around the F-Psy, - highly sought after ability to predict the future - Faith ‘Red’ NightStar (24) and Changeling jaguar Vaughn D'Angelo. We met Vaughn in book one were we see him as one of Lucas Hunter's sentinels and is Lucas’s closest friend. Vaughn was far more animal than most predatory changelings, had had to become so to survive. Faith of the PsyClan NightStar was considered the most powerful F-Psy of her generation; sh
Alex is The Romance Fox
After reading the 1st book in Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling Series, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... which I really liked, I was eager to continue reading more about the interesting world that the author created.

Visions of Heat the follow-up is the story of Vaughn D’Angelo, a jaguar Changeling adopted by the DarkRiver leopard clan
 photo psy-changeling-vaughn_zpsbfgvwix6.jpg

And Faith Nightstar a Cardinal F-Psy
 photo 15e96b71d66922f402ab00b6b5e5c946_zpskxfqsn8p.jpg
I totally engaged with these two characters.
"You can see the future, Faith. That makes you extraordinary."—Vaughn
T
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Visions of Heat is a fantastic second book that goes further into the escalating conflict between the emotionless, cold, psychically powerful Psy race and the Changelings (shifters that are both human and animal) in the year 2079.

Faith Nightstar is a powerful F-Psy, a foreseer, who has been completely isolated due to the dangerous power and strain of her potent psychic ability and used for the monetary gain of the Psy-Council. But lately she’s been tormented by distu
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!

Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

4.5 Stars? Aaahhh... Make it 5! ^_^

“Tell a child something often enough and she starts to believe it.” ~ Sascha to Faith
*sigh* I LOVED this book even more the second time around!!

While my re-read of Slave to Sensation had me dreaming (again!) about being enslaved by the delicious Lucas Hunter *grins*... it more seriously had me contemplating the concept of a “society without emotion” that is the Psy. In my re-read of Visions of Heat, the theme that be

Angela
To be honest, this, Visions of Heat, has always been one of my least favorite books in this series - I'm not sure how much that's actually saying, considering most of these books rate beyond my scale of awesomeness, but there are issues (and I look over my previous notes after this re-read, it didn't always hit me as strongly as it did this time, but the issues were always there for me).

My number one biggest issue? Vaughn. Especially in the first 35% or so of the book. He's a pushy asshole. Ther
DarienMoya
Apr 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
^^ VISIONS OF VAUGHN!^^

If Vaughn was a Tree: I would climb him and make a nest.
A Medium Size Pool: I would do laps all day long.
A Bath Tub: I would soak all day.
If Vaughn was naked, I would be naked too.

I am happy that I enjoyed the second book in the Psy-Changeling series; I was having some doubts after the first one where it took some time to really get into the story. I was in love in love from the moment the very sexy Sentinel named Vaughn mentioned his first words in the book.

Quick rundow
5 stars!!!!!!!! (duh.)

I. Couldn't. Put. It. Down. I'm addicted.

I absolutely loved Vaughn and Faith. L-O-V-E-D them together. They're so perfect for each other.

And Vaughn is just.. Yum. Hehe.

So to sum it up: I FREAKING LOVED IT.
Jo
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: This series is a must read for all romance fans!
He’d marked her and he would have her, even if he had to coax her kiss by slow kiss. Cats were good at coaxing. It was only a more sensual aspect of their favorite game—stalking.

Faith NightStar is a cardinal F-Psy, one of the most powerful F-Psy of her generation. She is worth billions and her accuracy in business predictions are unrivalled. However she is suddenly seeing dark, sadistic visions. Visions that she has no control over and can’t escape. She can’t trust anyone from her race to h

new_user
Oct 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
I definitely liked this book better than the first Psy-Changeling novel. This was a much fuller story. I had the sense that the author had a plan as she wrote this installment.

In Visions, Singh has developed her vision of the future, and she has the perfect tool: a character deeply entrenched in the world and workings of the cold, mentally gifted Psy. Whereas the first novel's protagonist, Sascha, lived on the fringes of her community as a "defective" Psy, Faith is a highly valued and carefully
Stacie
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 "Psychic" Stars!

This world is so interesting. I love how Nalini Singh is putting complete opposites that turn out to be not complete opposites together. Happy reading!
Lisa Kay
Vaughn D’Angelo in jaguar form.
[image error]

★★★★✩ I liked this one, the second in the Psy-Changeling series; but not as much as the first. Don’t get me wrong; four stars are impressive. And I LOVE this author’s “voice”. I’m almost tempted to bump it up to 4 stars. However, I had to put it down for a couple days. The “darkness” – or The Über Creep – that was plaguing Faith was a little too dark for me right now. Maybe I’ll listen to this on audio in about a year and I’ll love it. There were a cou
◊♦ Naomi

I'm not going to write a big review for this one. I did love it as well, I liked Faith a little less than Sascha, she was a bit too naive for me. I did love Vaughn and I liked them together. The plot was good, Psy serial-killer, once again, scary shit. Lots of interesting things in this book, we learn a lot more about the PsyNet etc. I loved that, I love this new world and I cannot wait for more.

Loved the secondary characters as well. I cannot wait for Dorian's book and I know Judd's next...this
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Oct 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Nalini Singh fans and paranormal romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Elena R and Suzanne
Visions of Heat is the second book in Singh’s amazing Psy-Changling series. And although I adored Lucas Hunter in the first book, I think his Sentinel Vaughn is giving the alpha a run for his money!

I adore Vaughn! Of the Pack, his animal side prowls at the surface of his mind more than the others. As a jaguar, he has this wild possessiveness and dark sensuality that makes him stand out of the Pack. I definitely wouldn’t mind finding him crawling through my sunroof! I adored his all-or-nothing a
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Although once again I loved this book I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

Vaughn

Vaughn is awesome of course but he lacks some of the edge that made Lucas so hot. He is supposed to be more feral but to me he seemed more tame. Maybe it's the difference between alpha and Alpha. I think my main poblem was that he accepted his "mating" way too easily, especially with a silenced, soulless Psy.

Faith

Faith again I liked but not as much as Sascha. She wasn't as easily loved as the Empath girl. Mayb
Glamdring
"Sleep, Red. I've got you."

Faith belongs to one of the most powerful PsyClan. She’s the most talented cardinal F-Psy of her generation. Before Silence, the F-Psys predictions affected all life areas (be it minor or major), but since the implementation of the protocol, the F-Psys talent has been strictly confined to the economics sphere. So when Faith starts to have visions of murders, she thinks that she is slowly sinking into madness.

Her designation has a high rate of madness. Already monitor

• An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • Taming the Fire (ACRO, #4)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Demon Moon (The Guardians, #2)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Heart Thief (Celta's Heartmates, #2)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • About a Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
  • Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11)
“How do you know it'll be pleasurable?" He got on the bed and lay down.

Breath a whisper, she came closer and tied one wrist to the headboard. The cat growled but didn't try to make him wrench free.

"Because just looking at you gives me the most extreme pleasure I've ever felt."

"Christ, baby, tie me up before you start talking like that.”
49 likes
“Human women have been slapping men for being bastards for centuries. You were doing what comes naturally.” 36 likes