Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > What should I read next?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (MNsouthernbelle) | 2 comments I recently finished the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and I loved it!! I've never read anything like it. Being new to the genre, I'm sort of at a loss for what to read next. What series would you recommend?

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 19 comments I loved the Anita Blake - Vampire Hunter Series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Another great author is Karen Moning. Two of her series I've read are the Highlander series and the Fever series.

Hope that helps.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Krelsey Cole's Immortals After Dark, Larissa Ione's Demonica Series and Lara Adrian Midnight Breeds are similiar to Black Dagger Brotherhood....ive been reading this genre for about a year and have only scratched the surface! U have tons to choose from...enjoy :D

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 134 comments I'd recommend the Fever series by Karen Moning and the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. The Fever series is probably my favorite series ever.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (DirtyH) Keep in mind there are two different genres that get talked about a lot in this group - paranormal romance and urban fantasy. PNR = hero + heroine -> HEA. Urban fantasy can have a strong romantic theme, but not necessarily and will not have an HEA in every book. Anita Blake series by LKH and Fever series by Moning are very popular, but they're UF, not PNR.
If you're looking for PNR, I second a lot of the recs above (though I'm not a big fan of the Demonica series) and would also throw in Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh.

message 6: by Brande (new)

Brande | 1 comments S.Young wrote: "Krelsey Cole's Immortals After Dark, Larissa Ione's Demonica Series and Lara Adrian Midnight Breeds are similiar to Black Dagger Brotherhood....ive been reading this genre for about a year and have..."

I am currently reading the Midnight Breed series and I LOVE them!!! I think that I am going to start the Demonica Series next

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 134 comments Nichole - That's a great explanation of PNR vs. UF! I figured the Fever series would qualify as PNR because of the fae aspect and her relationship with Barrons. Thanks for clarifying!

message 8: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (MNsouthernbelle) | 2 comments Thanks you guys so much! I'm excited about all the new authors and ready to start reading!!!

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige (PaigeWaller) Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill
Took me a while to actually pick this one up to read because I didn't like the cover but fell in love with the characters

Karen Marie Moning
Any book from KMM is amazing

message 10: by Lizz (new)

Lizz | 280 comments Kelley Armstrong has a good series called Women of the underworld

message 11: by Lizz (new)

Lizz | 280 comments The sookie stackhouse/southern vampire series byCharlaine Harris I loved that series and the HBO show based on it TrueBlood

message 12: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 174 comments Lords of the Underworld Series by Gena Showalter
Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 13: by Bethany (new)

Bethany I don't know if this has been recommended but I loved the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, it one of my favourites.

But I agree with Mollie, the Dark Hunter series is also well worth a read

-x-

message 14: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments Paige wrote: "Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill
Took me a while to actually pick this one up to read because I didn't like the cover but fell in love with the characters

[authorimage:Karen Marie Moning|482..."

i loved the chigacoland vampires series. im reading the second rite now. its really good.

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige (PaigeWaller) Mariya, I have been waiting for FNB to get to my house. I ordered it last week. Is the second as good or better?

message 16: by Shanon (last edited Feb 25, 2010 07:26AM) (new)

Shanon (Shazamy) I wholeheartedly recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, and Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 134 comments I added Tempest Rising to my list. Thanks for the recommendation, Shanon!

message 19: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (Shazamy) Shannen wrote: "I added Tempest Rising to my list. Thanks for the recommendation, Shanon!"

Hope you like it! :-)