Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 3,594 (3594 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 71 72

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Talk about anything here...
Happy Valentine's Day, Dawlings!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Waiting for meds to kick in...tummy ache. Happy V-day! I still am feeling good. 1 year anniversary for being in Hemet, CA.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Hope u feel better soon! and congrats on one yr!

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Good morning and Happy Prez Day. Not thrilled with our present Prez. I liked Washington, Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Thanks Pamela =D Feeling better today. Started on a new e-book [though I said I should finish the ones I have already started!!! LOL:]. I have been doing well with my finish a series resolution though, yay!

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments glad u feel better Kenjii!
All is well in my household. Happy Tuesday everyone. One of my fave shows is on tonight - NCIS. I like the LA one but not as much. I hated that they (NCIS-LA) already "lost" a member. I haven't read anything to see is he will be back. I guess I could go do a search and see... Have a great day ya'll.

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Good morning, sleepy heads! Happy Friday! Today is our movie night and we have Santa Buddies which my daughter has wanted to watch for a while now.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I actually teared up watching that preview. Silly hormones. LOL. That movie looked cute. I love kids' movies.

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Finally gonna get me an e-reader... A Sony... its on order and I'm waiting (im)patiently :)

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Will Spring ever come? I want some warm weather :)
Going to fix dinner soon... having pork chops and baked potatoes and some kind of green veggie. Broccoli probably.

I LOVE my Sony Ereader! Its great for trips. Got to go... have a wonderful day ya'll!

message 11: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments What a coincidence. We just had pork chops and broccoli for dinner on Mon. It'll probably be something quick and simple tonight.

Glad you're enjoying your Sony Reader, Pamela.:-)

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "What a coincidence. We just had pork chops and broccoli for dinner on Mon. It'll probably be something quick and simple tonight.

Glad you're enjoying your Sony Reader, Pamela.:-)"

yep, we had broccoli. I actually like broccoli but hard to get my daughter to eat it. She got out some raw baby carrots so I wouldn't make her eat the broccoli.

message 13: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Yum! I love broccoli. My kids are actually OK with it except that my son will only eat it raw, not cooked.

message 14: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 100 comments Broccoli lover here too! I like it tossed with a little Italian dressing.:)

message 15: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 4 comments Pamela wrote: "Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "What a coincidence. We just had pork chops and broccoli for dinner on Mon. It'll probably be something quick and simple tonight.

Glad you're enjoying your Sony Reader, Pa..."

Try putting some mozarella on top of the broccoli and let it melt. I love broccoli, as long as it's not raw.

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Auntee wrote: "Broccoli lover here too! I like it tossed with a little Italian dressing.:)"

My daughter will eat uncooked broccoli but not cooked. But I had the frozen stuff so I had to cook it. She doesn't like cooked carrots either :)
And she will only eat fresh fruit not canned or frozen.

message 17: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 100 comments Interesting...that's probably healthier for her too.:)

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 03, 2010 08:35PM) (new)

Whats cooking for dinner people? any ideas .. i hate thinking of what to make such a dam chore..
you cant please every mouth on the table .. unless its Macdonalds then there is no complaints LOL

message 19: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Rachael wrote: "Whats cooking for dinner people? any ideas .. i hate thinking of what to make such a dam chore..
you cant please every mouth on the table .. unless its Macdonalds then there is no complaints LOL"

I know what u mean. I always try to cook something that all the family likes and find I'm often sacrificing what I want. It limits the menu. Occasionally I'll fix what me and the hubby like and fix something else for my daughter but I hate doing that. She needs to eat the same as us.

message 20: by Julianna (last edited Mar 04, 2010 11:07AM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Everyone in our house is a picky eater, including myself. I gave up trying please everyone's palate a long time go. I try to fix something that my hubby and I will both eat, and hopefully at least one of the two kids too. If one or both don't want what I fixed they have to fix something for themselves. It may just be a bowl of cereal, a frozen dinner, or an apple, but hey, I'm not a short order cook. LOL!

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Tonight is leftovers night... getting rid of all that left in refrig. Got my daughter some klondite ice cream thingys so she will be sooooooo happy. But not til after she eats dinner :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL .. thank goodness im not the only one .. who cant please all...
im home from work today so shall make something nice .. decisions decisions ..

message 23: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Pamela wrote: "Tonight is leftovers night... getting rid of all that left in refrig. Got my daughter some klondite ice cream thingys so she will be sooooooo happy. But not til after she eats dinner :)"

LOL, Pamela! We must be on the same menu wavelength this week or something. Tonight is leftovers night for us too, and I've got Klondikes in the freezer.;-)

message 24: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Pamela wrote: "Tonight is leftovers night... getting rid of all that left in refrig. Got my daughter some klondite ice cream thingys so she will be sooooooo happy. But not til after she eats dinner..."

My daughter thinks she MUST have a dessert after every meal. Not good for her but she is so thin she needs the extra calories.

Anyway Good Morning, All :)

message 25: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 100 comments I just had one of those 100 calorie Klondikes last night! Pretty good, but not as good as the real thing...:)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok ... wat r "Klondikes"??? we dont have them in AUS

message 27: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Rachael wrote: "Ok ... wat r "Klondikes"??? we dont have them in AUS"

vanilla ice cream with a hard chocolate shell around it. yummy :)

message 28: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I prefer the triple chocolate or Oreo cookies & cream flavors myself. What would you do for a Klondike bar? LOL! Does anyone remember those commercials? They were so funny.:-)

message 29: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "I prefer the triple chocolate or Oreo cookies & cream flavors myself. What would you do for a Klondike bar? LOL! Does anyone remember those commercials? They were so funny.:-)"

I remember em. lol
Had food poison yesterday. Yuck! still not feeling too great :(

message 30: by Julianna (last edited Mar 08, 2010 11:44AM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Sorry to hear that you're sick, Pamela. That's so not fun. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I've had some kind of respiratory virus...the flu maybe? All I know is I feel like I've been trying to cough up a lung since Fri. night.:-(

message 31: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Sorry to hear that you're sick, Pamela. That's so not fun. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I've had some kind of respiratory virus...the flu maybe? All I know is I feel like I've been trying..."

(((HUGS))) to u. Hope U feel better soon! I am feeling better. Been careful about what I'm eating today but stomach is fine now.

message 32: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Awww, thanks Pamela.:-) Hopefully, I'll get on an upward trend soon. I'm sure all this crazy rain we've been having isn't helping matters. Doesn't the weather know it's supposed to be dry and sunny here in Phoenix?;-) Glad to hear you're feeling better.

message 33: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Is everyone asleep? Haven't seen much activity here lately. I feel so alone :(

message 34: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I'm around. I got worse the day after I last posted, but I can say that I'm finally on the mend now. I think it's just going to take a little while to get back to normal.

I've been wondering where everyone is lately myself. It doesn't seem like many people have been reading my new reviews, and most of the groups I'm in have been somewhat quiet. I used to get comments in my email regularly, and lately I've haven't gotten hardly any.:-(

message 35: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments well, go to photos Julie... he should cheer u up :)
He did me :) (cheer me up that is)

message 36: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Ooooo, nice! I like your avatar too. Thanks for the pick-me-up.;-)

message 37: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Ooooo, nice! I like your avatar too. Thanks for the pick-me-up.;-)"

ur welcome! take a look at Beth's and Dhestiny's photos too. They got some hunkys ;)

message 38: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Thanks, I'll do that when I get a chance.;-)

message 39: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

message 40: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Oh, Happy St Paddy's day to u too

message 41: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thank you and how was ur?

message 42: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Great! Wish it cud be st Paddy's Day every day :)

message 43: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Oh yes, me too!

message 44: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Uh oh! Pamela's talking to herself. That can't be a good sign.:-D

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! May the luck o' the Irish be with you!

message 45: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments :)
sometimes I feel like I'm the only poster on this group but then u come in and save the day :)

message 46: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Awww, shucks.... Glad to help out.:-)

Although I may not always have time to post, I try to keep up with reading all my groups every day.

message 47: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Its always nice to see you :)
According to the weather people we are expected to get snow this weekend :(
And my daughter has spring break next week.

message 48: by Julianna (last edited Mar 18, 2010 04:28PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments The whole country seems to be having crazy winter weather. I just heard a couple of days ago that Boston had something like nine inches of rain in four days, and my BIL's basement flooded from it.

My kids had spring break this week, and luckily the weather has been really nice for once. I'm not sure if it's going to last, but I hope so. We've had more rain here in Phoenix this year than I think I've seen in the 20+ years I've lived here.

message 49: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I've been adding a few trivia questions about Elizabeth Hoyt's novels. I looked at the stats and realized most of my questions are listed as difficult and very difficult. I guess I need to figure out some easier questions. :)

message 50: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I think I added a few back when I read them too. I've enjoyed your questions and didn't think they were difficult at all. Some of the questions I've added to the quiz show a high difficulty level too, but I usually don't worry about it. It's probably the hard-core quiz takers who aren't familiar with the books who are getting them wrong and bogging down the stats.:-)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 71 72