This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate how random people feel its ok to friend request me

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (last edited May 05, 2008 08:03AM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) You dont know who I am, we have nothing in common, you are not even a member of my book group, let alone any other group that i belong to, and yet you somehow found me, and thought it would great to add me as a friend. You don't even follow that request up with a little email telling me why you think i should add you as a friend, you little shit.

So the answer is no. If you cant court my friendship properly, I delete your request with a smirk. Go to hell!

message 2: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Fuck! Wish I'd had known that before I needlessly sent you a random friend request...

Kidding. I haven't sent you one, so don't feel bad if you deleted me, which you haven't.

I mean, don't feel bad, 'kay?

message 3: by Joanie (new)

Joanie I hate that I have these moments of guilt when I get a random friend request and then I'll wind up accepting the request only to feel like another notch on the bedpost of someone who has 1235 friends and 2 books! I need to get tougher! Oh, and if anyone reading this thinks this means I'm going to honor all future random requests you're wrong, as of this moment I'm codependent no more!

message 4: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Joanie, this made me laugh because I too have that little 'moment of guilt' when someone with 1200 friends requests friendship when I really want to say 'NO, we have nothing in common! What do you want from me!"

message 5: by April (new)

April (escapegal) Fight the guilt. Be a true hater and say, "You suck, you needy little SOB. Go away." and don't give it another thought. Sometimes it helps when you drink while doing this.

shellyindallas I hate people who think they're too cool for random friend requests. Just don't accept them or do. What's so great about you? Whenever I run into someone that seems cool, or says something funny on the threads, or likes a lot of the same books etc, and find that on their profile page they have all these serious stipulations about friend request it makes me wanna puke. Get over yourselves.

message 7: by Lori (last edited May 05, 2008 01:37PM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Shelly, never said i was too cool. just asking for some friendly respect when thier requesting me to add them is all. A quick 'Hi, Howareya, i really loved this book/quote/thing on our page/thread/whatever and thought it would be cool if you added me'....
Is that really so much to ask?
If you cant be friendly to the person you are trying to befriend, i cant be bothered to humor you.

Most of the time, its just someone trying to break the 'most friends'limit, or pawning thier newest novel on you....

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I hate it when I accept a friend request from someone who, at first glance, seems interesting, and then ends up weird. Like the one guy who had rated over a thousand books and had rated every single one of them a 4 or a 5. Dude, mathematically it's just not possible that you could have read that many books and every single one of them has been above average.

And his first language isn't English. Dude, I'm just not going to learn anything new from you.

(Not that I can't learn anything from people who don't speak English fluently, and there are times (Reading Lolita In Tehran) when non-English-speakers' perspectives on English Lit is amazing. But I don't speak your language, and really, you don't speak mine, despite your attempts.)

message 9: by Roy (new)

Roy (mplwdscribe) Lori, would you please be my friend? What's so wrong with me asking? Mr. Rogers asked me to be his friggin' neighbor all the time when I was a kid, and even though I had no intention of moving I never held his repeat requests against him. I just ignored him and waited for Electric Company to come on. Turns out it was my loss cause I've since heard he was a great guy who threw bangin' block parties.

message 10: by Asia (new)

Asia I sometimes hate talking to strangers because you wouldn't know who they are and you'd think that they are stalkers.

message 11: by Emma (last edited May 21, 2008 07:03PM) (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) I hate that as well, uh, why did you want me to be your friend if you didn't even want to talk to me?

message 12: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Hey Asia...huh?

You're surrounded here by strangers, you know.

message 13: by April (new)

April (escapegal) No fair stating the obvious. She'll figure it out eventually

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments ok... i just got this Friend request...:

name Abdolla14 abdollay
gender male
age 22
location doshane, Tajikistan
website http://www.urlsplit.com/T8GMIbs9
activity Joined in April 2008, last active this month
interests f,abolla14,aabdollay, health, life, live, love, male, man, orgasm, pant, pump, لذت, مردان, هندل, پمپ, woman, womans, women, women's, xxxx,
favorite books female, health, life, live, love, abdolla14,aabdollaymale, man, orgasm, pant, pump, لذت, مردان, هندل, پمپ, woman, womans, women, women's, xxxx, اقایان, اوج, اوج لذت, اوج لذت جنسی زنان, ارگاسم, تلمبه,
about me

women's orgasm

is similar mans mid pump or pant with way my proposal by emails and address

aabbddoollaa@hotmail.com

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) Really? Or are you just attempting to scare me?

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I’m death serious on this one... wtf is wrong with people this days???? And where the hell is Tajikistan located anyway???

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I'MA FLAG HIM!!!! i always wanted to know what it does!

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) Okay, disturbed here! And who the hell would post that as their profile! Soo many people want to be friends with a guy who has THAT has their profile page!

message 19: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) Wow, spam profiles! I don't think that he's a real person Alfonso, whoever sent you that was just trying to drive up web traffic to their site to get a better listing on Google and more ad revenue. I used to have to delete 400+ spam comments and trackback/pingbacks from my blog before I loaded up a good spam filtering application.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) That would make a lot of sense.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.