Read-a-Long with PRICEISWONG discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
MAY | ACOTAR > Chapters 1 - 8

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited May 06, 2015 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica (priceiswong) | 187 comments Mod
Let's start discussing A Court of Thorns and Roses!!
Let's all discuss the first 8 chapters!
Spoilers are welcome! (This is a DISCUSSION after all!)
Just please, don't skip ahead!
Let's chat!! :)

What do you all think of the cover? Do you think the synopsis sounds interesting?!

Ah! I'm loving this so far! I actually went into this knowing very little (other than there was faeries) Really enjoying the main character and the similarities to Beauty and the Beast! Excited to read on!

Alisha Christine (alishaherbooks) | 34 comments I'm not going to lie, I had my serious doubts about this book. Like you Jessica, I didn't know much about it besides those two points. But I'm actually finding myself really liking it and wanting to read on! The faerie aspect is very interesting. And I'm enjoying the story line so far, excited to keep reading!

Alisha wrote: "I'm not going to lie, I had my serious doubts about this book. Like you Jessica, I didn't know much about it besides those two points. But I'm actually finding myself really liking it and wanting..."

Definitely agree about the faerie aspect! I've never really read a book about them so I'm finding them really interesting!! ...Well, I guess there were some in the TMI series, but they weren't a huge part.

Amber Chavez | 24 comments I only knew that this was going to be a Beauty and the Beast retelling and had Fae. After about 40 pages I realized I am hooked! I have only read about Fae in the Throne of Glass series.

Alex Espino (heretherebeareader) | 16 comments I'm really enjoying this story so far! I love fairytale retellings, especially Beauty and the Beast retellings. I'm also enjoying the Fae aspect of this story.

Georgina So glad I picked this up. I wasn't planning to read it so soon but everyone seemed to be really enjoying it and I love Beauty and the Beast so decided to start it today. Enjoying it so much I can't put it down. I love Feyre and Tamlin is extremely intriguing. Can't wait to see what happens next

Karissa (karissahafer) I'm seriously loving this book so far! I love Fayre so far as well. Did anyone picture Fayre's father as the father from Beauty and the Beast? Probably just me but I don't know why I pictured him.

I'm also loving the faerie aspect in it as well!

I'm also loving Lucien and Tamlin as characters as well (even though Tamlin was pretty scary as a beast)

I know we haven't see much of Prythian, I'm loving the world there so far!

When Feyre was talking about them wearing mask. It didn't really shock me more like took me by surprise because I didn't really think about it at the time till it was brought up. That they actually couldn't take their mask's off because something is happening to the magic there.

Anyways, on to chapter 9 !

message 9: by Tina (last edited May 10, 2015 02:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina (colada_books) I was so excited to start this book and so far I am not disappointed.

I think Feyre is a wonderful main character, she is strong and cares for her family, even though they don't exactly treat her well. Did anyone else got this "cinderella and her mean stepsisters"-vibe when they first read about Nesta and Elain?

Tamlin seems to be great, too. Even though he is supposed to be the "beast", you can tell already that there is something loving and caring about him and I am really curious what's his story and where this relationship is going to go.

I can't wait to read more about the Fae aspect in this story and to explore more of this land.

Lessien  (danniiella) I just started this book yesterday and I really liking it so far! Beauty and the Beast is not one of my favourite disney stories but how it's being portrayed in this book is very interesting. Can't wait to read more!! :D

Karissa (karissahafer) Tina wrote: "I was so excited to start this book and so far I am not disappointed.

I think Feyre is a wonderful main character, she is strong and cares for her family, even though they don't exactly treat her..."

Yes I def felt like they we're the mean stepsisters in Cinderella. I hated Nesta. I mean I understand why she's so bitter. But she didn't have to act like that towards Feyre because without her no one would be able to eat or have money from the pelts.

And Elain just went along with what ever Nesta said and it just bothers me that she wasn't even like her own person. !

message 12: by Aya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aya | 15 comments Guys! :O Okay, the first chapter was kind of confusing to me. I didn't know much going in to it, so I didn't quite understand what was going on.

As I read on, I started loving Feyre as the main character, since she is so strong. I had difficulties with the family, I didn't understand why the father wouldn't say anything about Nesta's rudeness, and most of all, why her mother would put such a burden on her 8-year old daughter?! I didn't like that aspect.

I love Tamlin at this point, but there are so many questions. Why did he bring her there? Why is he taking care of her family? I don't know yet, the novel is definitely so interesting so far.

I actually haven't seen the Beauty and the Beast in such a long time, so I don't quite remember it. Maybe the questions I mentioned earlier would be answered if there was more knowledge on the original story. However, I am really enjoying this so far.

message 13: by Damian (new) - added it

Damian Jaje | 4 comments I really wanted to like this book, but so far I'm not. I'm just not really liking the way it's written, I feel that it's so simple and bland. Also there are some similarities to Katniss and the idea of the wall from Game of Thrones. Hopefully I'll start to get more into it because I really do want to like it.