Jessica's Reviews > A Court of Thorns and Roses

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

bookshelves: favorites

Reread May 2026 -- still just as amazing as the first time!

Wow. So I expected to at least LIKE this book because it was written by one of my favorite authors... But I never expected to love it. I mean obviously I was hoping it would be awesome, but Sarah J. Maas has already created an incredible series that I'm so in love with, and I can't expect that she would have it in her to create TWO insanely, amazing series. I'm so impressed with her right now... Seriously... Soooo amazing. It's one of those books where now that I've finished it, I just want to go back and start rereading it because I want to stay in this world a little longer (and since the next book won't be out for a while..) I highly, highly recommend this book if you love fantasy. IF I had to choose. The Throne of Glass series is still my favorite I think, but who knows. This is just the first book, and that series has three books out. I can't really decide. I just know both were fantastic... I definitely want to do a full book discussion!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Thorns and Roses.

January 1, 2015 – Shelved
May 6, 2015 – Started Reading
May 6, 2015 –
page 81
19.47% "Loving this so far!! Really like the main character and all the similarities to Beauty and the Beast so far! Excited to read on!"
May 7, 2015 –
page 208
50.0% "Sooo good!"
May 8, 2015 –
page 290
69.71% "OH MY GOSH THIS IS GETTING SO GOOD!! I just want to stay up reading all night!! I need to know what's going to happen!"
May 9, 2015 –
page 371
89.18% "One of my favorite books of the year so far! I'm so close to finishing, I'm exhausted but I think I'm going to stay up and finish!"
May 10, 2015 – Finished Reading
May 2, 2016 –
page 136
32.69% "Rereading this before ACOMAF comes out!"
May 3, 2016 –
page 345
82.93% "Going to finish rereading this tonight and then start the 2nd!!"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Amber Chavez I felt the same! I almost started rereading this book as soon as I finished. lol Amazing. I would say I like it more than Throne of Glass!!

Drewthereader19 I just finish this book. It had took me five days to read this book. I blame school though! I proublay wouldn't had finish it Friday. But, I was super buys this past week!(: