Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Leaves on the Wind (Serenity, #4)
This topic is about Leaves on the Wind
Archive - Award Winners > Serenity: Leaves on the Wind (Serenity #4) - May 2015

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
Serenity: Leaves on the Wind is the fourth book in the Serenity Series and the Graphic Novels & Comics Winner.

Previous reads:
Book #1: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Book #2: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Book #3: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Serenity Leaves on the Wind by Zack Whedon
In the film Serenity, outlaw Malcolm Reynolds and his crew revealed to the entire ’verse the crimes against humanity undertaken by the sinister Alliance government. In this official follow-up, circumstances force the crew to come out of hiding, and one of their own is captured, setting them on another mission of rescue and resistance . . .

message 2: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited May 01, 2015 04:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
Now this one was so much better than the rest. Really enjoyed the artwork and the story had a nice flow to it with plenty of action. It felt like the TV series / film I love.

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I'm so glad to hear that!

message 4: by Anima (last edited May 01, 2015 08:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I really liked that part, I haven't watched the film and/or the TV series, yet I truly enjoyed the story and the artwork. A pleasant experience!

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Wasn't there an author change in this volume? (is it his the brother?)

message 6: by Deb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Deb Bartram | 115 comments Lynn wrote: "Now this one was so much better than the rest. Really enjoyed the artwork and the story had a nice flow to it with plenty of action. It felt like the TV series / film I love."

I totally agree Lynn. I first read this last year (before the other parts of the series) and LOVED it! Great continuation picking up from where the movie left off.

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments Just got this one and I have to agree after just reading the first few pages. What a vast improvement over the earlier parts. Hopefully, the story will be better as well.

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I finished it and I really like this one. It feels like something completely different than the other ones. I loved how the story was picked up and to me it also felt like an episode of the show. Same pacing and mixture of fun, action, relationships and space cowboys/girls. The illustrations were also much better even if some of the characters still didn't feel right (I'm having the hardest time distinguishing kaylee and river in here).
A very enjoyable read and now it does make sense that this was picked by so many people. I still feel that Saga is superior to these, but it simply lacks the fandom that serenity has.

message 9: by Lynn, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
Janina wrote: "(I'm having the hardest time distinguishing kaylee and river in here)."

I had that trouble too!

Janina wrote: "I still feel that Saga is superior to these, but it simply lacks the fandom that serenity has. "

I'm currently in the middle of Volume Three and yes, totally superior.