The Challenge Factory discussion

Infinity + One
This topic is about Infinity + One
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Stacey, Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie, V-Audio-Nerd, Laila Jane & Ezi - Infinity + One

Comments Showing 1-50 of 118 (118 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5382 comments Mod
Stacey, Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie, V-Audio-Nerd, Laila Jane & Ezi - Infinity + One

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Checking in

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Me too! Have it and can read it whenever works for the group.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Did I mention I love Amy Harmon??!! :)

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16189 comments Mod
I already got the audio downloaded

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yep me too ready to go whenever

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Like now? :)
I'm good whenever too.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha you eager beaver!

I have about 3hrs left of soaring (seriously how long is that book?) and then I can start it, just have another audioblast one to finish and have had another 2 more this morning lol

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Wheelathon messing with your mojo too? :) I'm tired of reading the shorties. There's so little substance in most of them.

Did you get anything interesting today from Audioblast?

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments funnily enough got a couple of short ones lol, I'd rather just have 4 hours of crap (if it is) than another 15 of eye bleeding rubbish haha, on the app hang on a sec I'll go too my browser and post my new ones

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Ok so I got 8 Weeks (Time for Love, #1) by Bethany Lopez and The Motherless Child Project by Robin Karr

Both sound quite good, and they are only 4.5 hours each!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I put in for the first one today me thinks!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Hi everyone! I have it loaded and ready to go now as well:)!!

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 413 comments I can start now if you guys want. I just finished my last book, and so far I don't have anything else on my list...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I didn't get notification on this but I can start this one after I finish the one I'm reading now. Probably today or tomorrow!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments So I am about 30% done. Trying to get sucked in like I did with The Law Of Moses, which got me immediately.. Even though it started with some action I am finding it very slow and almost too- wordy? Maybe not the correct description but not sure yet...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Hmm...
I'll start too now

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm up to Chapter 5
(view spoiler)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "I'm up to Chapter 5
Bonnie's grandma is a horrible woman. It doesn't sound like Bonnie had anyone in her corner to protect her. She's been their money-maker since 10... Wow. Not much of a chi..."

Yes, it is pretty sad. You will hear FInn's story fairly soon. At least part of it. I'm waitin to understand the 'why' of it. But at chapter 13 I haven't seen it yet...

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Chapter 13- around 50%.
I was waiting for the 'Bonnie and Clyde' portion to really kick in....
(view spoiler)

message 21: by K~Terror (last edited May 04, 2015 07:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments How old is Bonnie? (I'm right behind you - end of Chapter 12 ~ So I'm almost able to read your spoiler.)

:)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "How old is Bonnie? (I'm right behind you - end of Chapter 12 ~ So I'm almost able to read your spoiler.)

:)"

She is 21. So I suppose she is age appropriate?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "How old is Bonnie? (I'm right behind you - end of Chapter 12 ~ So I'm almost able to read your spoiler.)

She is 21. So I suppose she is age appr..."

True. But was wondering (view spoiler)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "How old is Bonnie? (I'm right behind you - end of Chapter 12 ~ So I'm almost able to read your spoiler.)

She is 21. So I suppose ..."

If you are then I am missing the same thing! Looks like (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments OK... whew! I am at that point right now - Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments One more thing... (view spoiler)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Started this earlier on, but then got stuck in an EIT loop, finished #4 #5 & just finishing #6 wow they get better huh?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Oh gosh yes - each gets better than the last - until you get to the point you no longer remember daylight..

;)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Between you & I, are you reading our spoilers? :)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments lol no only because I'm on the app and you can't read them!

I hot to the point in this one of (view spoiler)

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "One more thing... [spoilers removed]"

Exactly what I was thinking!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "lol no only because I'm on the app and you can't read them!

I hot to the point in this one of [spoilers removed]"

I think this one had a slow start compared to some of her others, but it picked up speed as I read on... Law of Moses is still my most favoritest though!! Making Faces may be second.. A Different Blue , third...

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey wrote: "Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "One more thing... [spoilers removed]"

Exactly what I was thinking!"

I'm almost done - second to last chapter...

(view spoiler)

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 413 comments I was going to start this one a few days ago, but then got distracted with another book. I'm 40% in. I had a different reaction than you did Stacey, it took me a while to get into Law of Moses, whereas I got into this one pretty fast. (view spoiler) Okay, just wanted to update you guys, back to reading!

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 413 comments Your side conversations about Experiment in Terror are making me so curious, but I'm a big ol' scaredy cat and I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it lol

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments They're not that bad honest, I didn't find them that creepy, a few things are but it's the nearly-not-there-for-gods-sake-kiss-her romance that keeps you going!
I read 3 yesterday, stayed up till 1am to finish it lol

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I can't believe you read three yesterday!!! You sound like Jenne!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Haha I know it was like crack!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Did you have to call in sick? Haha!!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments erg no I'm here and dying!

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Laila Jane wrote: "Your side conversations about Experiment in Terror are making me so curious, but I'm a big ol' scaredy cat and I'm afraid I won't be able to handle it lol"

They're not that scary- like V said, more creepy. Love them though! Can't wait to get back into the series. 3in a DAY??! How?!
I think this book is simply not my genre. I can't get into it at all and I'm almost done.

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 413 comments Finished! And finally got to read all your "spoilers". I think the reason I liked this so much is because Romance is my favorite genre lol. (view spoiler) This story was completely unrealistic, but I like Amy Harmon's writing, so I can suspend my disbelief over all the unrealistic situations. But I have to agree with you guys, The Law of Moses is still my favorite out of the two.

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 413 comments I caved and put Experiment in Terror on my TBR list.

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments Finished. If romance was my favorite genre I would have loved this book too. It was a sweet, ridiculously naive romance with a great ending. And what I mean by that I think is evident by the story itself- Distraught super star meets broken ex-con (both surviving identical twins btw) and fall in love on day 2 while on the run.... (view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Laila Jane wrote: "I caved and put Experiment in Terror on my TBR list."

YAY!!!!! I hope you like it!!!

@Stacey & Laila - Yes, totally agree there were a lot of things that were unrealistic... Like Laila, I just love Amy Harmon's writing and enjoyed the tale. The start was a bit slow for me and it's not one of my favorites of Miss Harmon's, but I did enjoy the read and rated it ☆☆☆☆... Loved the math references too!

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey - What are your usual genre's to read? I know PNR, right?

Stacey Kennedy | 1063 comments It's funny bc if I go to a movie I love to grab the popcorn and watch a sappy romance or comedy- light and funny. But when I read I like the romance- good bad and/or ugly!- coinciding with the plot. But plot is foreground- like EIT for example! Love Perry and Dex.

Like music, I like all different genres. I can jump around and like all sorts of things. I do really enjoy the paranormal fiction- so fun and interesting! I like historical fiction , suspense/mystery, and comedy too (The Rosie Project was hilarious!). I guess depends on my mood??!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'm the opposite I HATE PNR .......However I have been dipping my toe I to "light" PNR recommended by Miss K and the Chickadees and so far I've loved them, except Dark lover that shit was all kinds of wrong haha

The weird thing is I love the occult and all of that stuff, Stephen King is one of my favourite authors, I just can't get to grips with all of these vampire/werewolf books!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'll start reading some of your spoilers soon .....

Laila Jane (axlilxlala) | 413 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Laila Jane wrote: "I caved and put Experiment in Terror on my TBR list."

YAY!!!!! I hope you like it!!!

@Stacey & Laila - Yes, totally agree there were a lot of things that were unrealistic... ..."

I know! (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3