What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Historical Romance where H propositions h, not knowing she is his betrothed

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie A few days ago, i was looking through my recommendations page when i came across a historical romance novel where the hero propositions the heroine to be his mistress (or something like that) then he finds out that she is actually his betrothed. Does anybody know which book i'm looking for? Help!

message 2: by Mariyam (new)

Mariyam | 47 comments Goodreads recommendation page? Then I think that book might still be in the list..

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Unfortunately, it suddenly disappeared from my recommendations page. That's why I'm asking if anyone knows the book that I'm describing.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Apr 25, 2015 08:45AM) (new)

Kris | 35739 comments Mod
One idea is to view the pages of historical romances you recently read. Then click the "Readers Also Enjoyed" link in the upper right, to view similar books.

message 5: by Cam (last edited Apr 25, 2015 01:17PM) (new)

Cam (camthereader) | 36 comments I know of one where he wants to make her his mistress but didn't know he was married to her, she was seeking revenge against him for abandoning her.

The Hawk and the Dove by Virginia Henley
The Hawk and the Dove by Virginia Henley

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Nope. Not that book. In the book that I'm looking for, she's only his fiancee (not his wife), when he tries to make her his mistress

message 7: by Cruth (new)

Cruth | 85 comments Fairest of Them All by Teresa Medeiros? They first meet in a garden and he propositions her.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Nope. Not that either, but thanks for trying to help me :)

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35739 comments Mod
Stephanie, is it possibly on your list of Recommended books marked as "not interested"?

https://www.goodreads.com/user_not_in...

message 12: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley | 66 comments I read an Advance Reader Copy of a book that is similar to what you are looking for... but then maybe not lol (he asks her to be his mistress, but they are married, he hasnt seen her since he married her though)

The Courtesan Duchess

If this isnt it, it is still a great read!! (Start of a series)

message 13: by Cam (new)

Cam (camthereader) | 36 comments I saw this suggestion in a thread I'm following, they're engaged and the heroine decides to lose her virginity to a random stranger to get out of marrying the hero. Of course, future husband is in the same village affair and falls for her and realizes who she is. Not sure if there's any mistress-making in the story.

Virtue and Vice by Kimberly Brody

message 14: by Mary - Buried Under Romance (last edited Jul 08, 2015 12:27AM) (new)

Mary - Buried Under Romance  (bur2012) | 12 comments Could it possibly by Elizabeth Boyle's Mad About the Major Mad About the Major by Elizabeth Boyle ? Basically the hero meets the heroine and at some point he asks her to be his mistress as he doesn't know her true identity and vice versa, but near the end he finds out she's his betrothed.

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
Stephanie left the group. Moving to Abandoned.