Start by marking “Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1)” as Want to Read:
Somewhere I'll Find You (Capital Theatre, #1)

Somewhere I'll Find You

(Capitol Theatre #1)

The toast of the town...

All London is at Julia Wentworth's feet—and anything she desires is hers for the asking. But the glamorous leading lady guards a shocking secret: a mystery husband whom she does not know, dares not mention ... and cannot love.

For years Damon Savage has been searching for the stranger his parents wed him to without his consent, hoping to legally free

Published October 1st 1996 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Somewhere I'll Find You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somewhere I'll Find You

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Lisa Kleypas's Gamblers series was what got me into romance. I used to avoid the genre at all costs until some friends held a sort of mini-intervention and gave me a list of good historical romance authors to check out. I took to the genre like a moth to light - and Lisa Kleypas was, by far, one of my favorites.

Which is why it kills me to give this a low rating.

Julia Hargate and Damon Savage were engaged as children at the insistence of the
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Will someone PLEASE tell me what I'm missing with Lisa Kleypas?!

Why is she so popular? I've now read two of her books, and I gave both 2-stars. This one... I could barely force myself to 50%, and I only bumped up my rating to 2-stars because of the narration from Rosalyn Landor.

The plot was ridiculous, and I'm willing to suspend a lot of reality in romance, but this was insta-lovey and bordering on nonsensical.

Someone, anyone, help me out here! I can't find a Kleypas that I like, and I think I'm
Rane
Jun 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Being wed as a child and having the right of any type of marriage taken away from her Juila Hargate forged her own way through life, giving up everything she known and loved to become the well known actress Jessica Wentworth, but the shadow of the man she married still looms over her. Damon Savage for three years has searched for his wife knowing she was a victim as much as he, he tries to put things right as he saves his family from the brink of debt from his father’s mismanagement and gamblin ...more
Kathy Davie
Nov 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
First in the Capital Theatre historical romance series revolving around Scott Logan's theatre. The couple focus is on Damon, Lord Savage, and his never-met wife, Julia Hargate.

My Take
What a load of crap! Kleypas uses the flimsiest pretext for her conflict between the never-met husband and wife. Please. There is no legal precedent outside of royalty for marrying a four-year-old off to a seven-year-old and having it be valid. Then there's the overly dramatic writing...talk about a drama queen.

Oh
Naksed
peachygirl
This is probably the first of LK's books that didn't leave me longing for more. Infact I wanted this to end after 100 something pages.
The characters were neither interesting nor authentic. Jessica/Julia was so annoying and her instant love for her long lost husband whom she resented all her life was downright ridiculous. Whatever happened to good old logic?? Lesser said about Damon, the better!
Logan's book is way better than this one.
Maybe 2.5 stars for the occasional humorous touch with William
Océano de libros
Damon Savage busca desesperadamente a la misteriosa mujer con la que un día le casaron sus padres sin su consentimiento y acabar con esa pesadilla pero cuál será su sorpresa cuando descubra que se trata de la famosa actriz de teatro Julia Wenworth, justamente la mujer con la que él soñaba que fuera su amante. Sus planes cambian y seducir a Julia no será tarea fácil.
Iniciando una nueva serie de la autora y no encontrando aspectos positivos, la historia parecía dar de sí y ser bastante entretenida
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
I wasn't enthralled, but I was at least fine with the book for most of the way...but then the one thing that ruins a romance novel for me happens

From page 215-216 on my e-reader:

Julia has just been abducted by some ruffians and brought to a drunk man stinking of whiskey.
"I'm going to ruin you for any other man." ...
"Are you resorting to rape now?" she asked coldly...
"It won't be rape."
Julia was frustrated with his selfish arrogance.

Um. Seducing an unwilling woman so that she is physically turn
Tarsis
Creo que lo que no me gustó fue la traducción, la historia estuvo excelente.

Julia y Damon han estado casados desde antes de que siquiera pudiesen vestirse solos. Por años sin verse atrapados en sus hogares, presos de las decisiones de sus padres sobre sus vidas. Hasta que Julia logra escapar y desaparecer del mapa. Cuando ya Damon es suficiente mayor para tomar el lugar de su padre y está dispuesto a anular dicho matrimonio para continuar con su vida, la conoce. A una actriz que le roba el alien
Katrina Passick Lumsden
It pains me to give a Kleypas book such a low rating, but really, Julia just annoyed me to no end.
Lelyana
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sigh. [image error]
Another sexy story from my favorite author,Lisa Kleypas.
After a big disappointed by a very low historical romance, I have an extra ordinary expectation from this book. [image error]

Tanpa mereka ketahui, Damon savage dan Julia Hargate di nikahkan pada usia masing2 7 dan 4 tahun demi ambisi kedua orang tua mereka. [image error]

Julia yang melarikan diri dari keluarga nya 3 tahun yang lalu, merintis karir sebagai artis teater di Capital Theatre milik Logan Scott.
Damon yang sudah 3
Sam (AMNReader)
Jun 10, 2018 marked it as dns
Hollis tells me to avoid based on my reaction to #1 in Gamblers.

Funny, I think I started this about 20 times 3-4 years ago.
kris
Jun 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
YIKES: I REGRET THIS BOOK.

Damon Savage and Julia Hargate were illegally married as children because childhood wasn't that hip back in the day. So when they're old enough to realize they're married, they react by becoming a surly tight-fisted asshole (Damon) and running away to join the theatre (Julia). Eventually Damon develops boners for a hot actress who he doesn't realize is his lawfully wedded bride. Then all hell breaks lose and this one ends with a literal kidnapping and assault COMMITTED
Cristina
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
One of my least favorite books from Kleypas.
Example: Cheating, OW drama, and so on.
Mayu
0/10

ODIÉ ESTE LIBRO. LO ODIÉ CON PASIÓN, INTENSIDAD, Y RABIA. No me gustó nada la Lisa Kleypas que encontré en Mi bella desconocida , ¡este libro fue escrito hace veinte años y ambientado en una época histórica, pero tanto machismo impreso entre sus páginas logró enfadarme muchísimo! Vamos, que no soporté este libro. Ni siquiera me creo que Kleypas pudiera crear un libro con tantas ideas machistas entre sus páginas. Algunos dirán que eso le da realismo y veracidad a la historia que cuenta, pero
Camila
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, romance, ni-fu-ni-fa
Al parecer los únicos libros que puedo terminar son estos libros de señoras. Me cuesta mucho concentrarme con otros y estos cumplen el objetivo de distraerme.
Lo sentí vacío a diferencia de los anteriores, como si le faltara algo. La trama era simple y el drama no lograba cumplir su función porque era muy predecible (todos lo son, pero este más).
Dina
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
5 stars, baby!!!!

Yeah, standing ovation is in order...

description

Again, totally in love with all that is Lisa Kleypas work!! I'm not sure which one was my favorite; and I really couldn't decide!

Both are awesome, I believe! And as I'm still in the mood for historicals, I'm gonna start with the Bow Street Runners series next.

description
Riz
3.75 Stars!
Azet
Lisa Kleypas yet again manages to enchant me with another Unforgettable and Severe Love-Story in "Somewhere I'll Find You" about a married couple that has never seen each other (how UNIQUE is that!).Damon Savage with his controlling nature and brooding looks and the independent and stunning Julia Wentworth-their fate has been sealed ever since they were born,but unknowing of each others identities Damon will steal a kiss from Julia (never knowing that she is his mysterious wife) a fateful evenin ...more
Megzy
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Floriana Amoruso
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Voglio ritrovarti è il primo romanzo di una duologia che vede protagonista il mondo del teatro, ho già letto Perché sei mia, e avevo abbandonato l'idea di riuscire a leggere invece questo romanzo, ma la fortuna e la perseveranza mi ha ripagata perché ho trovato questo libro in un mercatino dell'usato, che fortuna!!!
Avere il quadro completo, mi ha dato la possibilità di unire tutti i tasselli mancanti che mi mancavano dopo aver letto Perché sei mia.
Jessica/Julia è una ragazza con un carattere mol
Grace
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Based on audiobook - 3.5 stars

I enjoyed the atypical setting of this story, based on a "working girl" historical romance (and I'm not talking prostitutes). The heroine, Julia, chose a career instead of being a daughter of the aristocracy. She became an actress. She was somewhat forced into this career after being disinherited by her father, but since it was a passion of hers, not unbearable. She adopts a stage name and works with a acting group where she is required to solicit donations from the
Cynthia
Aug 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
Chumchum_88
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
I have to say this book really didn't grasp me.

- I liked the hero and the heroine, they were both stubborn and determined and likeminded people who were driven toward their purposes and I enjoyed that about them.

- It was a bit ironic really to have the person ur married to and u detest and hide from to be the same person u desire and can't have enough of XD

- I hated that the heroine knew who he was before he did and she tried to hide it and I was glad that he knew later but still at the beginni
Elizabeth
I haven't expected this book to turn out so well. In term of characters' chemistry, it totally won me. I just felt the heat and explosion. Love the tension between these long lost couple though some of the situation in this novel seemed calculated. However, the plot waw , somehow, light and slow. The potential of the plot could be emotional phenomenal if the author took the step. Anyway, I enjoy this book.

Recently, I went through old novels from Lisa Kleypas. I must say they couldn't compare wit
Grace Elliot
Nov 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book swept me away from the first page - I started reading it whilst waiting at the dentist and I totally forgot to be worried about my filling! The female character was more strongly drawn than the male. I felt Damon resorted to brute force to get his way and although thrilling, I'm not convinced that Julia wouldnt have giving him his marching orders on account of braun over brain.
It failed to get a full 5 stars because I felt the pace slackened toward the end, but minor criticism of an o
Pepa
Mal que me pese decirlo, no me ha gustado mucho. El protagonista masculino, posesivo y manipulador hasta el final. Ni la actitud de ella. De la historia también me esperaba más. Menos mal que al final él dice una frase que hace que le perdone un poco....
K.K.
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Once in a while I would be browsing through Lisa Kleypas's books and ended up fully reading them. After reading this book again, my opinion still remained. I loved the book but sometimes found both H and h annoying. Still loved them though. H was very manipulative and h was always denying but would ended up giving in to H quite immediately. However, Overall they were still pretty good characters.

Same 4 stars

Edited: First Read: 10-12 March 2016

This story was very unbelievable but it was written r
Natalie
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This wasn’t one of LK’s best. I can’t quite put my finger on it at this time, but while the plot was entertaining and a little different, the book fell a little flat for me.

You have a hero and heroine who were married at the ages of four and seven. The heroine, at 18, rebels and flees from her father’s domineering attitude, adopts a stage name and becomes an actress.

The hero, never having seen her as an adult, accidentally comes across her and is immediately enamored.

It’s a typical battle of wil

• Three Weddings and a Kiss
  • Love With a Scandalous Lord (Daughters of Fortune, #3)
  • Scandalous Again (Switching Places, #1)
  • More Than a Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #1)
  • Claiming the Courtesan
  • Stolen Kisses
  • Christmas Love Stories
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • A Christmas Present
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • Wicked Angel
  • Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1)
  • Breathless (The House of Rohan, #3)
  • When Angels Fall
  • Wed Him Before You Bed Him (School For Heiresses #6)
  • To Desire a Devil (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #4)
  • To Catch an Heiress (Agents of the Crown, #1)
  • The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1)

Capitol Theatre (2 books)
  • Because You're Mine (Capital Theatre, #2)