Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Nominate Books For Summer Group Read

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Apr 27, 2015 08:06AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9751 comments Mod
We're going to have an optional group read this summer. What's a group read? It's where we all read the same book and talk about it. You don't have to participate, but it'll hopefully be fun!

Nominate a book for us to read (can be one you've already read or want to read) below. In a couple weeks, they'll go into a poll and we'll vote.

Nominations so far:

A Promise Kept (Kings Meadow Romance, #1) by Robin Lee Hatcher
Full Steam Ahead by Karen Witemeyer
Andrea and the 5-Day Challenge (Aubrey Christian Academy) by Cindy K. Green
The Auschwitz Escape by Joel C. Rosenberg
Heartless (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #1) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
A.D. 30 by Ted Dekker
Reign The Chronicles Of Queen Jezebel (Lost Loves of the Bible #3) by Ginger Garrett
The Scarlet Cord by Carlene Havel
Color Me Blind A Divine Love Story by Melinda Michelle
Remove the Fig Leaves by Carla Terrell
The Book of Life The Greatest Story Ever Told by Heather Rae Hutzel
The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert
A Match of Wits (Ladies of Distinction, #4) by Jen Turano
Always on My Mind (Christiansen Family, #4) by Susan May Warren

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam B | 232 comments I'd like to nominate A Promise Kept (Kings Meadow Romance, #1) by Robin Lee Hatcher by Robin Lee Hatcher

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I'm going to nominate Full Steam Ahead by Karen Witemeyer by Karen Witemeyer

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Green | 3 comments I know it looks like shameless self promotion to nominate my own book, but I have been involved in book clubs in my local area who have read this book (moms and daughters) and we have just had so much fun together reading and discussing this book. So I thought I'd just throw it out there. :)

Andrea and the 5 Day Challengedescription

message 5: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 9 comments Hmm...can I nominate two?

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Hannah wrote: "Hmm...can I nominate two?"

Sure!

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Just a note: authors, please don't nominate your own book(s), unless you will be rereading them if the book is chosen.

message 8: by Ally (new)

Ally (Separate Minds Book Blog) I'd like to nominate The Auschwitz Escape The Auschwitz Escape by Joel C. Rosenberg by Joel C. Rosenberg.

message 9: by H.S.J. (last edited Apr 24, 2015 10:35AM) (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 9 comments I'd like to nominate Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

But if everyone's feeling like a historical fiction, I was recently impressed with this book as well!

A.D. 30 (A.D., #1) by Ted Dekker by Ted Dekker

message 10: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Hannah wrote: "I'd like to nominate Heartless (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #1) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

But if everyone's feeling like a historical fiction, I was recently impressed with this book as well! ..."

Ooh! I've been wanting to read A.D. 30! So many great nominations so far :)

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wilson (BlessedAngel) | 1 comments I want to nominate " A Rose is Still a Rose " by Nicole C. Humphries

message 12: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Michelle wrote: "I want to nominate " A Rose is Still a Rose " by Nicole C. Humphries"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like that book is poetry/nonfiction? We're going for Christian fiction books to nominate...

message 13: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Green | 3 comments Melanie wrote: "Just a note: authors, please don't nominate your own book(s), unless you will be rereading them if the book is chosen."

I will definitely take part in the discussion. That would be really fun!

message 14: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Thanks so much for including me!! I've never been in a book club before! :D

I would like to nominate
Reign The Chronicles Of Queen Jezebel (Lost Loves of the Bible #3) by Ginger Garrett

Or....

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Bess wrote: "Thanks so much for including me!! I've never been in a book club before! :D

I would like to nominate

Or....
Heartless (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #1) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl"

Got your nominations down. :)

message 16: by Irene (new)

Irene | 26 comments I would like to nominate To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation, #2) by Tamera Alexander .

message 17: by Tarissa (new)

Tarissa (inthebookcase) | 283 comments I want to nominate The Auschwitz Escape. It's a book I've wanted to read for quite a while now!
The Auschwitz Escape by Joel C. Rosenberg

message 18: by Rick (new)

Rick Hocker | 4 comments I would like to nominate Four in the Garden. The book's website provides group discussion questions because the book lends itself to great discussion. Check out the Amazon reviews: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0991557700. The book is thought-provoking and I would be interested to hear what people think about it. Four in the Garden by Rick Hocker

message 19: by Amy (last edited Apr 24, 2015 04:40PM) (new)

Amy | 2 comments I would like to nominate Unplanned (A Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Novel Book 1) by Alana Terry byAlana Terry. I think this book releases in May (is that soon enough for a summer read?)I have read almost all her books and they are good! They also support a great cause.

message 20: by Gay (new)

Gay Lewis | 1 comments I nominate The Scarlet Cord by Carlene Havel. http://www.amazon.com/Scarlet-Cord-Ca...

message 21: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 5 comments Glory...

I would like for you to read my book Glory...the Hair. It is a nice, funny and entertaining spin on a bad hair day.

message 22: by D (new)

D | 3 comments I would love to nominateColor Me Blind: A Divine Love Story by Melinda Michelle.

message 23: by D (new)

D | 3 comments I would also love to nominate Remove the Fig Leaves by Carla Terrell by Carla Terrell

message 24: by D (new)

D | 3 comments Don't know how many nominations we can do, but this is my last one. The Book of Life The Greatest Story Ever Told by Heather Rae Hutzel by Heather Rae Hutzel.

message 25: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Snavely (sandysnavely) | 40 comments Ellie's Window! The books clubs who have read this book together have loved it. As the author, I'm biased in that I love the characters. As a reader, I've been blessed deeply by the story.
Ellie's Window by Sandy Snavely

message 26: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments A couple of questions: Does it matter how recently it was released? Does it have to be the first in a series?

message 27: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Caitlyn wrote: "A couple of questions: Does it matter how recently it was released? Does it have to be the first in a series?"

It should be published at least one month before, so April releases work. First in a series are preferred, but not a requirement this time. Our next group read, I'm going to have thought things through more and have better guidelines for nominations.

message 28: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Santi | 815 comments Thanks, Melanie!

I would like to nominate three if that's okay!

The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert
A Match of Wits (Ladies of Distinction, #4) by Jen Turano
Always on My Mind (Christiansen Family, #4) by Susan May Warren

message 29: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Irene wrote: "I would like to nominate To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation, #2) by Tamera Alexander."

I'm sorry, but this is a May release which won't work for this group read. Feel free to nominate another choice!

message 30: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Amy wrote: "I would like to nominate Unplanned (A Kennedy Stern Christian Suspense Novel Book 1) by Alana Terry byAlana Terry. I think this book releases in May (is that soon enough for a summer read?)I have read almost all her books an..."

May releases won't work. Sorry! Feel free to nominate another book :)

message 31: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 1 comments I'd like to nominateInfringement, by Benjamin Westbrook

message 32: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Poll is up (sorry for the delay!)

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.