Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading February 2?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2088 comments Mod
Hello February 2015!

Starting this week with The Perfect Game series by J. Sterling.

message 2: by Poison Ivy (new)

Poison Ivy (poisonivy2020) | 14 comments Devil's bride by Stephanie Laurens

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1916 comments Mod
Making my way through Victoria Dahl's contemporary backlist. Backwards in some cases. But she's got me hooked on Jackson Hole, Wyoming so I'll stick around there for a while. Last night I finished Close Enough to Touch and the novella Strong Enough to Love. Now I'm not sure whether to jump ahead to Book three So Tough to Tame or leap over that one to the latest Girl's Night Out, Flirting with Disaster. Decisions, decisions.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments Jona- I just read that & was surprised to like it!
I just read Trade Me, and I'm not usually a fan of contemporary novels but I loved it! I'm sorta at a loss on what to read. I think I'm going to read The Blood of Olympus.

message 5: by Poison Ivy (new)

Poison Ivy (poisonivy2020) | 14 comments oh hope I'll enjoy it too :) usually I'm more likely to read Julia Quinn,Tessa Dare or Lisa Kleypas or even Sarah Maclean but today i wanted to try smthg new

message 6: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
Just read Grace Burroughs first contemporary. It's a better fit for her since she doesn't have to try to conform to 19 c mores and the quality of her relationships is still lovely.
But her plotting is still weak. Too much going on so no one thing carries much emotional impact.

message 7: by Daniellegn (new)

Daniellegn | 235 comments Reading Remains of Innocence by JA Jance (a Joanna Brady mystery). Been reading her for over 20 years, not a bad one yet.

message 8: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I'm all over the place this week. I'm finishing off Joanna Bourne's The Spymaster's Lady, then I plan on reading Erin Quinn's The Three Fates of Ryan Love.

message 9: by John (new)

John Hennessy | 63 comments Finally getting back into reading after a sluggish end to 2014. Missed my target of 60 books last year, so trying to beat it this year. Paperback - I am reading Madeline Hunter's The Accidental Duchess, and on Kindle, A Heartless Design by Elizabeth Cole.

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I'm reading The Selection so far. I should have it done soon and then I'm going to start Upon a Wicked Time.

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments I'm reading more RITA books this week, along with JQ's The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy. I hadn't read one of her books since the Bridgerton second epilogues came out, and I realize now how much I have missed her writing. She said her next book will be related to the Bridgertons--anyone know more?

message 12: by Poison Ivy (new)

Poison Ivy (poisonivy2020) | 14 comments i started Romancing the duke by Tessa Dare yesterday..til now its pretty good..

message 13: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
Finished the second Burrowes contemporary. Really liked it

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I just finished The Blood of Olympus and it was sooooooo good! I'm going to read the Bevelstoke series again by JQ.

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1017 comments I just finished a British mystery, so I started Elizabeth Hoyt's Darling Beast. It's yummy.

message 16: by Kym (new)

Kym | 206 comments I've read all Lynsay Sands' Argeneau series I can handle right now after reading 14 almost in a row (I had to take a break for The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy by Julia Quinn, and Tamed by Emma Chase). Now I'm giving a relisten to The Third Circle (actually the first time was in print when I read all my sister's Amanda Quick books while visiting her in Texas. Some guest I am, huh?). I don't know what's next. Should I read one of those "literary" books in my TBR, or go with something light?

message 17: by Manda (new)

What was the British mystery, Susan? (It's okay to talk about other genres here, BTW. I, myself, am frequently reading mysteries.)

I think I'm petering out on my Victoria Dahl glom. I finished the first Jackson trilogy and the first two of the second one. Now I'm reading the novella about Jenny the bartender and Nate the Sheriff's Deputy that was in the anthology with Jenny Crusie's repackaged Sizzle, Be Mine: Sizzle\Too Fast to Fall\Alone With You. (the novel she declared she would never ever ever ever re-publish because she thought it was so terrible).

I got the anthology strictly for the Dahl story but I cannot deny I'm curious about Sizzle. But part of me doesn't want to read it because of Crusie's antipathy for it. I'm torn.

I also have the new JAK on deck so, I've got choices.

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1017 comments Manda wrote: "What was the British mystery, Susan? (It's okay to talk about other genres here, BTW. I, myself, am frequently reading mysteries.)

Manda, it was Gold Digger by Frances Fyfield. I had never heard of this author, but it was a 99-cent ebook special. The book is surprising: the plot, dialog, and characters are simply charming.

message 19: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 77 comments I finished up Allegiant by Veronica Roth (library book) on Thursday night which I enjoyed.

I then read The Mistletoe Bride and other stories by Kate Mosse (library book) which I really enjoyed.

I am now reading Elizabeth is missing by Emma Healey (library book) which I am enjoying so far.

message 20: by Manda (new)

Cool, Susan! I don't think I've read her before. But I have seen her books on sale. I'll check her out if I see her on sale again.

message 21: by Cheryl (last edited Feb 08, 2015 08:24AM) (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I finished The Selection and Upon a Wicked Time both were very good. Now I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the Lunar series.