Urban Fantasy discussion

Kelley Armstrong
This topic is about Kelley Armstrong
MOVIES & TV > Bitten

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by IbNancy (new)

IbNancy | 13 comments BITTEN returns February 7th 9 pm est/10 pm CST on Space Canada :D
Are you ready for the 2nd season?
I was able to watch it online as I don't have cable here in Canada and it's on Space channel that some cable providers charge extra for. It's also on Syfy in the USA.

Bitten is based on Kelly Armstrong's Otherworld series of books and the first season was pretty close to the first book, although a few more of the pack got killed off than in the book.
According to the show's Facebook page and Kelley's site the second year is based on the second book Stolen when Elena gets kidnapped and meets page and other supernaturals she didn't know existed.
However from some of the previews on Facebook I don't know if they are doing the kidnapping story or not? Or wrapping up last year's storyline first then doing the kidnapping story??

Show stars Laura Vandervoort who was in the new version of V and several very hunky actors, who amazingly can also act!

I definitely enjoy the series and was please to see that Kelley was a producer in the show so therefore has had some input into casting and storylines and it shows.

Have you seen it? what do you think??

message 2: by Lokki (new)

Lokki (lokki8) | 18 comments I'm looking forward to season 2 as well. I thought they did a great job bringing the story to the screen. It's been long enough since I read the series that I don't mind any deviations from the books.

message 3: by Josephine (new)

Josephine McNabb | 12 comments Lokki wrote: "I'm looking forward to season 2 as well. I thought they did a great job bringing the story to the screen. It's been long enough since I read the series that I don't mind any deviations from the b..."

I have to agree. I devoured the first season, although Clay's hair annoys me. Ha ha! :)

message 4: by Lokki (new)

Lokki (lokki8) | 18 comments Josephine wrote: "I have to agree. I devoured the first season, although Clay's hair annoys me. Ha ha! :) "

lol....yeah, Clay was the one character that I didn't think they got rightn at first. Where's his southern accent? But over the season, I guess he grew on me. It will be interesting to see how they did with Paige, Savannah and Eve...

message 5: by IbNancy (new)

IbNancy | 13 comments No actually in the books Clay was rescued by Jeremy in the Bayous of Louisiana, so even though he taught him almost everything including more conversation skills it would figure that he would have a southern accent.

Besides it's cute on the actor Greyston Holt as well!

message 6: by Lokki (new)

Lokki (lokki8) | 18 comments IbNancy wrote: "No actually in the books Clay was rescued by Jeremy in the Bayous of Louisiana, so even though he taught him almost everything including more conversation skills it would figure that he would have a southern accent."

Exactly....but I don't really think he does in the show. At least not the drawl I was imagining.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 13 comments IbNancy wrote: "was please to see that Kelley was a producer in the show"

From what Kelley has said, the producer credit was a courtesy. Her attitude, which I think is a healthy one, is that she knows about writing books, and TV people know about making TV shows. They've shared information with her at different stages along the way, but she hasn't had an active role in the show.

Does anyone know when Syfy will start airing season 2? I'm not seeing anything on their website. According to the guide on my TV, they start rerunning season 1 next weekend, so if they do all of season 1 before starting season 2, it could easily be May before they start with season 2.

message 8: by C (new)

C | 10 comments I've been trying to find out when season 2 starts on Syfi as well. I checked on line and can't find a date.

I really enjoyed the first season. And of course love the books. If anyone hears when season 2 is supposed to start in the US let us know.

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 188 comments I think the first season is on Netflix maybe I'll check it out.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Geez, it's finally coming back on? Was about to give up hope.

Looking forward to it

message 11: by Veronica (last edited Feb 02, 2015 06:49AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) What I want to know with regards to the SyFy channel is why they blocked out all of Clay's ass shots?? They showed an ass shot on the show Dominion without any problems.

ETA: Greyston Holt (Clay) tweeted a new promo for S2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) So far they're doing a great job with the new season. I'm liking the storyline, always something happening to keep it interesting. A good villain for the storyline. I like how they are not focusing on melodrama with the MC's relationships too.