Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Yearly Challenges 2015 > Zam's Ultimate Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mello (last edited Jan 07, 2017 11:23AM) (new)

Mello Sounds fun!
[x] A book with 500 pages The Golem and the Jinni The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker
[x] A classic romance The Phantom of the Opera The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
[x] A book that became a movie Dark Places Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
[x] A funny book The Martian The Martian by Andy Weir
[x] A book with a female author Not a Drop to Drink Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink, #1) by Mindy McGinnis
[x] A book with a one-word title Euphoria Euphoria by Lily King I LOVED THIS ONE!!!
[x] A book set in a different country The Secret Keeper The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
[x] A book based on a true story The Glass Castle The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
[x] A book you can finish in a day The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō (It kind of is magic.)
[X] A mystery or thriller Night Film Night Film by Marisha Pessl
[x] A trilogy The All Souls Trilogy Boxed Set[x] A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness [X] Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness [X] The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Harkness
[x] A book with a love triangle The Book of You The Book of You by Claire Kendal
[x] A book more than 100 years old Moll Flanders Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe
[x] A book with magic Sabriel Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix
[x ] A play All My Sons All My Sons by Arthur Miller
[x] A banned book Fahrenheit 451 Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
[x ] A book that scares you Seed Seed by Ania Ahlborn
[ x] A book that takes place in your hometown (or close to where you live) Brokeback Mountain Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx
[x ] A memoir Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir Let's Pretend This Never Happened A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson I love Jenny Lawson. Not the taxidermy, but Jenny, I love.
[x ] A nonfiction book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondō I also love this tiny little Kondo organizing ninja.
[x ] A book published this year The Girl on the Train The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins READ this if you like a good mystery type book.
[x ] A popular author's first book Go Set a Watchman Go Set a Watchman (To Kill A Mockingbird #2) by Harper Lee
[X] A book based entirely on its cover Cinder Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer , but actually enjoyed. Read other books in the series as well. They got better.
[X] A book by an author you've never read before Whistling Past the Graveyard Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
[X] A book that made you cry Rising Strong Rising Strong by Brené Brown
[X ] A book you own but have never read The Power Of Less The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential by Leo Babauta The Power Of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential
[X] A book originally written in a different language I'll Be Right There I'll Be Right There by Kyung-Sook Shin Language is so pretty sometimes. :)
[X] A book with nonhuman characters Winter Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer
[X] A book you started but never finished
Stuffology 101: Get Your Mind Out of the Clutter STUFFology 101 Get Your Mind Out of the Clutter by Brenda Avadian
[X] A book set during Christmas The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror The Stupidest Angel A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror (Pine Cove, #3) by Christopher Moore Such a bad title. The book is better than that. Some, anyway.
[X ] A book written by an author with your same initials There's Something I Want You to Do: Stories There's Something I Want You to Do by Charles Baxter
[X] A book with a color in the title Scarlet Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer
[X] A book with a number in the title The Sign of Four The Sign of Four (Sherlock Holmes, #2) by Arthur Conan Doyle

HAD TO FINISH IN 2016
[X ] A book set in the future The Android's Dream The Android's Dream by John Scalzi because that would totally happen, NOT But it was fun and you should just go with it sometimes. :)
[X] A book from an author you love that you have not read yet Furiously Happy A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things (PLEASE BE GOOD!) It was. Why was I worried?
[X] A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't [[book:Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges|25066556] Presence Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy ]; Because I don't remember an assigned book I didn't read, and really I SHOULD have read this while I was younger. If it had been written, it would have helped me tons!
[X] A book a friend recommended Perfume: The Story of a Murderer Perfume The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
[X] A Pulitzer Prize winning book Olive Kitteridge Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
[X] A graphic novel Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children The Graphic Novel (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Graphic Novels, #1) by Ransom Riggs
[X] A book from your childhood Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2) by Roald Dahl
[X] A book at the bottom of your to-read list Reamde Reamde by Neal Stephenson
[X ] A book based on or turned into a TV show A Feast for Crows; A Game of Thrones!!!
[ X] A book with bad reviews Dance with Dragons.
[X] A book set in high school All the Birds in the Sky All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders
[X A book written by someone under 30: [book:You're Never Weird on the Internet|23705512] You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
[X] A book of short stories Stone Mattress: Nine Tales Stone Mattress Nine Tales by Margaret Atwood
[X] A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit Inferno Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) by Dan Brown
[X ] A book your mom loves Shōgun Shōgun (Asian Saga, #1) by James Clavell
[X] A book that came out the year you were born Watership Down Watership Down (Watership Down #1) by Richard Adams

The last holdout. Need to finish in 2017.
[ ] A book with antonyms in the title Angels & Demons Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown

message 2: by Mello (new)

Mello And done!!!!

message 3: by Mello (new)

Mello Ooops, not done. One more to go!

message 4: by Mello (new)

Mello Tadum!!!! Finished! This has been a fun list!