2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Off Topic > Help please!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Kemling | 65 comments I'm trying to have my plan finished before the end of the month as a personal goal and I am desperate for suggestions. Here is a link to my list so far https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I like all types of books!

message 2: by Guy (new)

Guy | 37 comments I think you are doing great. Your choices so far are excellent. A lot of the ones that are still blank are sort of specific to you. I'm sure you will be inspired as you proceed. And other readers' plans are also a good source of ideas.

message 3: by Ireene (new)

Ireene | 36 comments "A book that scares you". Do you want to be a little bit scared or a lot scared? :D I only read the ones that are little bit scary, like The Turn of the Screw or Dark Matter. These are kind of ghost stories.

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• Here's a couple suggestions for you...

Book set in the future - what about Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Makes you cry - The Fault in Our Stars

Based on or turned into a TV show - I've got 2 options on mine. Bitten or Outlander

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (ktmac_1) If you enjoy children's literature, I would start with the Newbery Award list. The winners and honors books would give you a great start for maybe filling in some of your more difficult topics to pick a book.
http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/...

message 6: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
I just completed my list a few days ago. I tend to vary in the types of books that I read and like to choose when it comes time to read. But I also thought it would be motivating to have an idea of the great books I would read by sticking to the challenge. So I put together a list with a ton of options. Feel to look at mine for ideas :) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole A book that scares you: how about a classic - It
It doesn't have to be horror either. It can be a thriller. How about Piercing

message 8: by Maria (last edited Jan 21, 2015 03:56AM) (new)

Maria | 39 comments I have a few suggestions for you:)

a memoir - Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned"
a book set in the future – The Handmaid's Tale
a book set in high school - The S-Word, The Sky is Everywhere
a book with a color in the title – The Color Purple, The Silver Linings Playbook
a book with magic – Howl's Moving Castle (I really really recommend this book)
a book set during Christmas (or similar holiday) – A Christmas Carol
a book based on OR turned into a tv show – Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, A Game of Thrones, Gossip Girl

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Harris (nicoleintrovert) a book that was originally written in another language - If you like children's literature I highly recommend any of the Pippi Longstocking books by Astrid Lindgren (if your first language is not Swedish of course). Pippi Longstocking

a book set in high school - I just read All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven and it was phenomenal.

a book with magic - I am going to read The Night Circus for this one.

message 10: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 272 comments A few suggestions:

36. Love triangle Never Let Me Go or Water for Elephants
38. set in high school The Perks of Being a Wallflower
39. with a color The Color Purple
46. Written in another language The Shadow of the Wind
47. During christmas The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria | 39 comments Love triangle -Parallel(this book has two love triangles)

message 12: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Oh Parallel looks interesting (yey, parallel universes :D) and I've nothing for the triangle week. Thanks for the recommendation Maria :)

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria | 39 comments Zaz wrote: "Oh Parallel looks interesting (yey, parallel universes :D) and I've nothing for the triangle week. Thanks for the recommendation Maria :)"
You're welcome:) I would be very interested in what you think about it. Out of all the books that I read in 2014, I rated 5* only two of them. Parallel is the second one.

message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 1 comments Highly recommend Shadow of The Wind. I adore this book. 5 stars and one of very few books that I have ever reread,

message 15: by Narma (new)

Narma | 49 comments 24. a book based entirely on its cover The Ocean at the End of the Lane or The Floating Islands
36. a book with a love triangle Never Let Me Go
29. a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
If you like Japan Kafka on the Shore
If you like South America Love in the Time of Cholera
If you like Central Europe The Unbearable Lightness of Being
40. a book that made/makes you cry The Unbearable Lightness of Being
46. a book that was originally written in another language- Any three of the books from #29.

message 16: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Kemling | 65 comments All these recommendations sound amazing!