Koli--flash group discussion

The Trials of Koli (Rampart Trilogy #2)
This topic is about The Trials of Koli
Anyone for book two?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

carol. | 84 comments Mod
I don't have it yet, and my best shot at timing is next weekend or the week of the 11th for an uninterrupted read, but anyone interested?

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (slff1) | 28 comments Thanks for the offer but I think not. I posted my review sketch under spoilers. Based on this one I doubt I'll read 2 or 3.

Really need to get out of this reading slump. Haven't been wowed in a while.

carol. | 84 comments Mod
I hear that. Keep trying! Pick up and put down, I guess. I've done that a lot.

Nicholas Perez | 19 comments I definitely want to read it, I just don't have a copy yet.

message 5: by Samuel (last edited Oct 02, 2020 10:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Samuel | 45 comments Yes, I'm up for book 2, but want to finish reading 'A Deadly Education' first. I've been so looking forward to reading that :).

message 6: by Soo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Soo (silverlyn) | 29 comments I read it & it was good. It has some middle book flaws but you get more about the world & crazy situations.

carol. | 84 comments Mod
Fair enough... I need to get my hands on a copy as well.

Nataliya | 65 comments I’m down for book 2. I was going to tackle it now, but I’m happy to wait for the read when the rest of you here are ready. It’s more fun reading alongside others.

@Samuel: I plan to start A Deadly Education as well. From the blurb it sounded quite fun.

Samuel | 45 comments Nataliya wrote: "I’m down for book 2. I was going to tackle it now, but I’m happy to wait for the read when the rest of you here are ready. It’s more fun reading alongside others.

@Samuel: I plan to start [book:A ..."

Cool, will be interesting to hear your thoughts when you're done. I'm 6 chapters in and I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. So far, it's fun in a kind of dark-magic-Harry-Potter-meets-Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer way, but also pretty clunky and exposition-heavy. Very different to Uprooted and Spinning Silver.

carol. | 84 comments Mod
Since I'm flexible, do you two want to read Deadly Education and comment here right before you finish up? Then I'll put out a broadcast and see if we pick up any others.

Nataliya | 65 comments That sounds good to me. I’ll be done with it today, probably.

carol. | 84 comments Mod
Oh, I can get it from the library--I'm excited not to pay! Now that i'm soon to be jobless ;)

Nataliya | 65 comments Awesome!
I’m 2/3rds done with A Deadly Education, so I really can start The Trials of Koli whenever. Maybe next weekend?

carol. | 84 comments Mod
That sounds great. Gives us a couple days to recruit any other interest and for them to finish up/get the book.