The Rebellious Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenges (Archives) > Sunday 27th Readathon!

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments We are now having readathons! I'm so excited XD. The way it will work is that you have 5 prompts, which I will post soon. Try to read a book with at least one of the prompts! The person who reads the most pages of a book with this prompt wins. Enjoy!

message 2: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments wait so this is a one day readathon?

message 3: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) oh lord imma fail…

message 4: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I haven't decided yet, so i will put it in a poll :)

message 5: by shea (new)

shea Okai! I don’t think I’d be able to do a multiple day readathon, cause I’m very busy with school starting up. :(

message 6: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Alright here are the prompts! Hope you enjoy them :)

A book with LGBTQ+ representation
A book that is music-related
A book with mental illnesses
A book that is a Historical Mystery
A book that has a movie adaptation.

(these will be added to the event description btw)

message 7: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Card (jayecard) I can't sadly, but you guys have fun!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely doing this! Already picked out a book from my TBR pile

message 9: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Awesome! :)

message 10: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Hi! I've been wanting to read books with LGBTQ+ representation for literally years but sadly my parents simply disagree with me so I have absolutely no exposure to them. I'd be glad if you guys have some great recommendations for me and if this comment somehow insults anyone or make anyone get any wrong ideas, just know that I'm sorry and I really don't mean to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

message 11: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) i’m late but can i still sign up?

message 12: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Rose {Don't tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass} wrote: "Hi! I've been wanting to read books with LGBTQ+ representation for literally years but sadly my parents simply disagree with me so I have absolutely no exposure to them. I'd be glad if you guys hav..."

Don't worry, we are an LGBTQA+ friendly group :) I would definitely recommend You Should See Me In A Crown!

message 13: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments lemon-chan wrote: "i’m late but can i still sign up?"

Of course!

message 14: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Thanks Maja! I'll definitely read that :)

message 15: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter - Head of BOTM (new)

Lucy Tonks | 2037 comments @Rose i totlly recommend you read radio silence by alice oseman and heartstopper by alice oseman. i've read both of them recently and i just loved them. i also recommend:
i'll give you the sun by jandy nelson
ace of shades by amanda foody (one of the mc is black and bisexual)
girls of paper and fire by natasha ngan
and every book by cassandra clare some lgbt rep in them, for example in some of her later books we have a poly relationship and a trans character. out of all her books the ingernal devices has the least rep, but that's mostly bc of the time period it takes in. the rest of her books (the last hours, the mortal instruments, the dark artifices, the eldest curses) all have significant characters who are part of the lgbt community.
rick riordan's book also have lgbt rep, but mostly in his later books (somewhere from house of hades onward and also magnus chase too)

message 16: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments YESS HEARSTOPPER IS AMAZING

message 17: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments And all the other books are really good too :)

message 18: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Omg @ lucy tonks tqtqtqtqtq so much <3

message 19: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) YES RICK RIORDAN BOOKS ARE AMAZING

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany @Rose, I have a whole shelf of LGBTQIAP+ books. There's over a hundred in there. Feel free to look through it to find something you like.

message 21: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I especially recommend these:
- Let's Talk about Love by Claire Kann
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertali
- Point of Hopes by Melissa Scott and Lisa A. Barnett
- A Light amongst Shadows by Kelly York and Rowan Altwood
- Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
- The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver

message 22: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments @Rose, Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe, is also one I’d recommend, though everyone else has given great suggestions too.

message 23: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Thanks everyone! I've gotten some of the great books and I can't wait to start :)))

message 24: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Hey everyone! I've just finished You Should See Me In A Crown! It was absolutely amazing and cute and bittersweet and heartbreaking... I just can't describe how much I enjoyed the book. I'll probably write a review about it tmr when I come back from school :)

message 25: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (last edited Sep 27, 2020 08:03AM) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I just finished too! Wow, we read it at the same time XD it was soooooooo good!

message 26: by Monique (new)

Monique | 42 comments Hey😄I read The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka for the movie adaptation prompt😊94 pages

message 27: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments That's great!

message 28: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (last edited Sep 29, 2020 10:15AM) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Here are the current standings: (Refer here for updates)

Amelie: 618 pages
Maja: 400 pages
Rose: 328 pages
Monique: 222 pages
Gabi: 160 pages

Well done, and keep going everyone!

message 29: by Monique (new)

Monique | 42 comments Thank u:)I also just finished Animal Farm by George Orwell,128 pages🤗I am going to watch the movie tomorow😄Goodnight🥱

message 30: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I just finished reading Stargirl!

Pages: 186
Prompt: A book that has a movie adaption

message 31: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection)
You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson
Pages: 328
Prompt: A book with LGBTQ+ representation

message 32: by Eden (new)

Eden | 22 comments Hai Everyone! I just finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the prompt: a book with a movie adaptation!

message 33: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments I finished With the Fire On High! It has 400 pages :)
Prompt: A book with LGBTQ+ Representation

message 34: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments Eden~Louise wrote: "Hai Everyone! I just finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the prompt: a book with a movie adaptation!"

That's great! What's the page count :)

message 35: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) can we add books on here that we started before the readathon but finished during the readathon?

message 36: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I finished Clap When You Land

Pages: 432
Prompt: A book with LGBTQ+ representation

message 37: by Gabi (new)

Gabi Justice | 3 comments Reading Pretty Little Liars book 1
Pages: 160
Prompt: Book that has a movie adaption
Lagging behind. Hopefully I'll finish today. I hope this counts it's book to TV, but I've been wanting to read it for awhile.

message 38: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader), The Head Mod :) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 642 comments lemon-chan wrote: "can we add books on here that we started before the readathon but finished during the readathon?"

Count the pages that you read during the readathon! It's the total pages we're trying to compete with :)

message 39: by Amelie, Head of Challenges :) (new)

Amelie | 1656 comments I finished The Murder on the Links

Pages: 251
Prompt: A book that is a Historical Mystery

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

For the readathon, I'm pleased to say I read the whole of the book All the Bad Apples by Moïra Fowley-Doyle, and that counted for two of the prompts: LGBTQ+, and Historical Mystery (kind of).
It was 337 pages in total

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.