What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Under My Skin (Wildlings, #1)
This topic is about Under My Skin
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle grade or YA Fantasy. Teens who can transform into animals (not animorphs). [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelina (new)

Kelina | 22 comments (Spoilers)

I think I read the book between 2009 and 2013. The main character is a boy who finds out he can transform into a bear (grizzly?) and then joins other teens who have the same power (I remember a girl who could transform into a (black?) cat and a kinda nerdy boy whose animal form was some kind of (blue?) lobster or crab). There was also some kind of organisation which acted as the main antagonist.
I also remember the others being worried about the main characters animal form (something about him being able to control himself?)

I'm happy for any help! Whenever I try to google it I keep ending up with an Animorph novel (which I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

Kelina

message 3: by Kelina (new)

Kelina | 22 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Fourth World?

The Angel Experiment?"

neither sounds right :/
but thank you!

message 4: by Marina (new)

Marina | 8 comments It didn't come out until 2016, but maybe Under My Skin or another book in the series?

message 5: by Kelina (new)

Kelina | 22 comments this actually might be it! it came out 2012, so it would fit the time frame :) I'll try and find a sample so I can be sure :)
Thank you!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34312 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Under My Skin by Charles de Lint - Marina's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=mmc... There are different cover images.

message 7: by Kelina (new)

Kelina | 22 comments I couldn't find any excerpts/copies in my local libraries, but I'm 98% sure that this is it :)
So thank you very much marina and kris! (somewhere along the way the mountain lion must have transformed into a bear in my memories :D)