YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Consuming Fire
This topic is about The Consuming Fire
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > The Consuming Fire (The Interdependency #2) by John Scalzi - Starting 20th September 2020

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments The Consuming Fire―the sequel to the 2018 Hugo Award Best Novel finalist and 2018 Locus Award-winning The Collapsing Empire―an epic space-opera novel in the bestselling Interdependency series, from New York Times bestselling author John Scalzi

The Interdependency―humanity’s interstellar empire―is on the verge of collapse. The extra-dimensional conduit that makes travel between the stars possible is disappearing, leaving entire systems and human civilizations stranded.

Emperox Grayland II of the Interdependency is ready to take desperate measures to help ensure the survival of billions. But arrayed before her are those who believe the collapse of the Flow is a myth―or at the very least an opportunity to an ascension to power.

While Grayland prepares for disaster, others are preparing for a civil war. A war that will take place in the halls of power, the markets of business and the altars of worship as much as it will between spaceships and battlefields.

The Emperox and her allies are smart and resourceful, as are her enemies. Nothing about this will be easy... and all of humanity will be caught in its consuming fire.

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments I'll be starting this one, tomorrow :)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Same here!

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Soooo I didn't end up actually starting this seven days ago like I said I would, but I am doing so right now :)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments No worries. I didn't get to start either. I'm actually gonna start it on the 1st because I have three other books to finish this month.

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Quirks wrote: "No worries. I didn't get to start either. I'm actually gonna start it on the 1st because I have three other books to finish this month."

No worries :) I've been so behind on my reading but just about managed to squeeze it into this month. I always assume sci fi will take me an age to get into but this has flown straight-away.

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments First quarter - (view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Second quarter - (view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments I didn't manage to complete this book, this month. It's partly to do with struggling to fly through these pages but honestly more to do with the fact that I just downloaded Sims 4. haha!

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments I'm 48% of the way through and excited to continue on to get to some more action-heavy segments as this book has set up for some interesting scenes to come.

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Chapter 3 (19%)
(view spoiler)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Chapter 14
(view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Quirks wrote: "Chapter 14
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments I'm about 50% into this one and hoping to finish it up today :)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Chapter 18
(view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Dannii wrote: "I'm about 50% into this one and hoping to finish it up today :)"

It seems I lied as I have hardly picked the book up all month. I'll aim to get it read asap :)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Third quarter - (view spoiler)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Dannii wrote: "Third quarter - Kiva is an absolute icon! I really hope she manages to bring "

(view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Fourth quarter - (view spoiler)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Quirks wrote: "Finished
That was such a great ending!.."

Eek, I was screaming at the page. I truly didn't anticipate her doing that. I love how she isn't the timid Emporex anymore and is fully willing to take everyone down!

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments I'm hoping to get to the third book sometime in the next two months if you're up for buddy reading it too? :)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Yeah, sure! I already have my November reads planned, but I can do December.

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Quirks wrote: "Yeah, sure! I already have my November reads planned, but I can do December."

Awesome. December works better for me too. What date is good for you? Would the 1st be a good date to start?

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Yeah, I think that would work.

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments Great :) I'll request the thread once the December BR one is open :)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Okay, great!

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8333 comments I've made the thread early in case I forget about it lol. I'll request it as soon as I can :)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7167 comments Thanks!