GXO Reading Challenges discussion

2020 Monthly Motif Challenge > SEPTEMBER 2020 - When Text Just Isn't Enough

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 30, 2020 08:34AM) (new)

Kimberly (Chapter_Adventure) (chapter_adventure) | 246 comments Mod
The motif for August is When Text Is Not Enough.

"Read a book that includes more than just text- emails, letters, maps, etc. Sometimes referred to as epistolary fiction."

Comment with your book choices below and mark CHALLENGE COMPLETE when you've finished reading it.

Here are our suggestions:

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han

message 2: by Cecil (new)

Cecil Huston | 138 comments Planning on reading "The World of Cork O'Connor" by William Kent Krueger. It may not be a novel in the true sense of the word, but it has lots of pictures and details about his Cork O'Connor series (of which I read every last one). Looking forward to the review of this wonderful series. Can't really find anything else in my bunch that I know for sure has maps or other items that match the criteria.

message 3: by Cecil (new)

Cecil Huston | 138 comments Challenge Compete!
Enjoyed the trip down memory lane with Mr. Krueger, on to the Keyword challenge.
Trying to use some shorter books this month and next, to squeeze in more of the RIP challenge from Instagram. Have to get in as many horror genre for this fun challenge, it was a neat change last year from my usual fare.

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Cecil wrote: "Challenge Compete!
Enjoyed the trip down memory lane with Mr. Krueger, on to the Keyword challenge.
Trying to use some shorter books this month and next, to squeeze in more of the RIP challenge f..."

I have the same plan to use some shorter books this month.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Of course, I'll be choosing a graphic novel this month. I've been meaning to read on in the Saga series so now is the time. Saga, Vol. 2 by Brian K. Vaughan

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Turlington | 15 comments Challenge complete! I read “The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder” by Joanne Fluke. Her Hannah Swenson mystery series contains recipes for foods mentioned in the stories so it was really cool to read about it & then taste it for myself!

message 7: by Traci (last edited Sep 27, 2020 01:15PM) (new)

Traci (scraptraci) | 43 comments Challenge Complete
Travels with Walt Disney A Photographic Voyage Around the World by Jeff Kurtti
I just finished the book Travels with Walt Disney: A Photographic Voyage Around the World by Jeff Kurrti. It's a great read if you are a Disney fan or enjoy reading about travel and history. Filled with photos of Walt and Lilly's travels

my reviews
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

https://titlesurfingwithtraci.blogspo...

message 8: by Joosje (last edited Sep 28, 2020 08:52AM) (new)

Joosje | 49 comments Little Bits of Sky by S.E. Durrant I read Little bits of sky. There are lots of lists and some letters in the book. Challenge complete.

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

I read New Kid

message 10: by Rose (new)

Rose | 25 comments Wildlife Rescue (Adventures with Barbie, #3) by Stephanie St. Pierre

message 11: by Bookish Jyo (new)

Bookish Jyo (jyothi_nair) | 16 comments Book Love - Debbie Tung