Play Book Tag discussion

Recursion
This topic is about Recursion
August 2020: Other Books > Recursion, by Blake Crouch- 5 STARS!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments I don't know why it took me so long to get to reading this. I obsessed over Dark Matter after reading it and giving it a 5- star review, and this book did the exact same thing for me. The book is about parallel universes, memories, and takes a sci-fi plot and turns it into a action packed thriller. It's unputdownable, it's fast paced, it makes you question life itself. I want to go recommend it to everyone.

This follows to narrators- Barry, a NYC cop who is curious about a new disease called False Memory Syndrome. Where people are implanted with false memories about themselves previously. The second narrator is Helena, who is a scientist trying to make a chair to assist her mother who is dying with Alzheimer. About halfway through the stories meet, and we are off to the races with the plot escalating, diverging, spinning on itself, and more.

Meli (melihooker) | 3450 comments Me too! Loved this one.
Haven't read Dark Matter though, but it is definitely on the list now.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2276 comments I read Dark Matter and really enjoyed it. This one has been on my list and I've come close a couple of times but it never quite made it. I really, really, need to get to it soon!