Addicted to YA discussion

Any Questions? > Most disappointing reads?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 188 (188 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by tay (new)

tay (taylor reads) (taylorangelina) I'm filming a booktube video where I read people's most disappointing reads of 2020. I was wondering what yours were. If they could be ya fantasy, dystopian, or sci-fi so that I could actually get through them lol. Thank you :)

message 2: by suri (new)

suri (suri_sarabia) Harry Potter and the cursed Child.

message 3: by KetenAike (new)

KetenAike The Sandcastle Empire

message 4: by bellareads (new)

bellareads Uh All the bright places

message 5: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) acotar book 1

message 6: by Karro (new)

Karro Herondale (karroherondale) | 79 comments Divergent! I know most people like the first book, but I honestly hated it. And the rest of ther series wasn't readable

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) Winterwood sucked so much I don't even want to talk about it or I'll put myself in a reading slump

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) Karro wrote: "Divergent! I know most people like the first book, but I honestly hated it. And the rest of ther series wasn't readable"

I enjoyed the first one, but Insurgent was a train wreck and Allegiant...we don't talk about Allegiant.

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) Adela wrote: "Here are mine:

-Six of Crows duology
-What Kind Of Girl
-Harry Potter"

Six of Crows is wayyyy overhyped. Six of Crows itself didn't even get good until past halfway. Can't say the same for Crooked Kingdom. I loved that entire thing
And I honestly don't understand the hype over Harry Potter. Sure it was fine when I was 10 or 11 but I have zero interest in reading it again.

message 10: by bellareads (new)

bellareads So if I wanted to read Six of crows you wound recomend it?

message 11: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Sargent (izzysargent) | 26 comments Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit. I want that time back!
The Silence of the Girls, too. That author really seemed to have a thing for the word "shit". I'm not against cursing, at all, but it was excessive.

message 12: by Random Pineapple (new)

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) @Morgan, I would recommend Six of Crows. It starts slowly but it gets a lot better. And Crooked Kingdom is like the end of SoC except for the entire thing. Which means it was great.

message 13: by Random Pineapple (new)

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) I was very disappointed by The Ballad of Cabbage and Cornfield (Songbirds and Snakes). I had literally no expectations and yet I was still disappointed. The bar was so low that it was literally on the ground but this book burrowed under that bar and made me so mad. I could continue, but we’d be here all day. I have it 1/5 thanks for wasting my time.

message 14: by Erica (new)

Erica | 213 comments Scythe was a let down but okay
The Glittering Court this was straight bad and way too long for nothing to happen

message 15: by Veerle (new)

Veerle | 1 comments I have a few series that were a letdown.

The Goddess Test trilogy by Aimee Carter
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Warcross by Marie Lu
The Fallen series by Lauren Kate
Renegades by Marissa Meyer

I'm reading Six of Crows now. It has indeed a very slow start, but I'm getting to the middle of the book and it's becoming better. :)

message 16: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 80 comments My most disappointing read was Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
Maybe I had too many expectations.

message 17: by Random Pineapple (new)

Random Pineapple (certifiedkilljoy) I had such high hopes for The Toll but I hated it. It was boring and there were too many side characters and the ending was way too convenient. I could go on...

message 18: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Lily | 9 comments Call me by your name was massively disappointing for me, I don’t know what I expected, but I was underwhelmed when I finished :(

message 19: by Minal (new)

Minal | 306 comments My most disappointing read was Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

message 20: by tay (new)

tay (taylor reads) (taylorangelina) wow you guys are being to helpful thank you😂💗

message 21: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha (ay_es_ha) The book that recently disappointed me is An Ember in the Ashes...it was good not just as good as everyone ( booktube ) told me it was.

message 22: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) | 93 comments SIX OF FREAKING CROWS. And Insurgent. And Eragon. And Shadow and Bone. And all Leigh Bardugo.

message 23: by Shavonne (new)

Shavonne | 7 comments I'm most disappointed about the Aurora Rising series (book 1 and 2), thought it was a good concept but it was just bad.
Three Dark Crowns sounded cool but was quite slow and boring.

rachelbrooke_espinoza | 38 comments The Twilight Saga. Even though I used to be obsessed with it.

message 25: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 103 comments Morgan;) wrote: "Uh All the bright places"

Seriously? How come?

message 26: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 5 comments Bad Boys Girl and Divergent

message 27: by mohini☆ (new)

mohini☆ (mohiniw) | 35 comments There are many. Most recent-Heart Bones!

message 28: by Suditi (new)

Suditi (the_book_farer) We were liars

message 29: by Aliya (new)

Aliya caraval. a series of unfortunate events. oh god and daisy Jones and the six

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Chronicles of Narnia
Wings of Fire
((Sorry to those who liked these books))

message 31: by Ashi✿TheAvidReader (last edited Aug 31, 2020 11:13AM) (new)

Ashi✿TheAvidReader | 474 comments The Court of Mist and Fury
The book wasn't bad but I don't get why THAT much hype! Most 'romantic' scenes were too cheesy and the sex scenes made me cringe!

message 32: by mohini☆ (new)

mohini☆ (mohiniw) | 35 comments Adding my recent dud- The Grace Year!

message 33: by tia (new)

tia (t_luvsreading) | 143 comments Ashi✿TheAvidReader wrote: "The Court of Mist and Fury
The book wasn't bad but I don't get why THAT much hype! Most 'romantic' scenes were too cheesy and the sex scenes made me cringe!"

we are the same

message 34: by Zara (new)

Zara   | 914 comments Intensity by Deen kontz. It was just so boring for me even though it's a thriller. I didn't even finish it. I kept me dozing off.

message 35: by Rushali (new)

Rushali Gupta (happy_soul) | 108 comments My most disappointing read was The turn of the key by Ruth Ware

message 36: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) -Ninth House
-A Game of Thrones

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) | 336 comments The Betrothed by Kiera Cass. We don’t speak of it at my house.

message 38: by Chitrakshi (new)

Chitrakshi R | 26 comments Matched by ally condie
Passion by Lauren Kate

Avery (BabeOfBooks) (ladyofliterature13) | 37 comments oo I agree with the betrothed. After reading the selection, my expectations were so high and it was so disappointing.

message 40: by tysha (new)

tysha | 1 comments Queen Jenna the III wrote: "The Betrothed by Kiera Cass. We don’t speak of it at my house."

YES

message 41: by Ash (new)

Ash ~ bookmaniac~ (aakanksha99) | 915 comments Mod
tell me lies

message 42: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Lily | 9 comments Call me by your name was such a disappointing read in my opinion !

message 43: by Jin (new)

Jin Ryoo | 208 comments Veerle wrote: "I have a few series that were a letdown.

The Goddess Test trilogy by Aimee Carter
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Warcross by Marie Lu
The Fallen series by Lauren Kate
Renegades by Marissa Meyer

I'm ..."

I loved Warcross and Renegades, but I respect your opinion. I would recommend those two though.

My disappointing reads:
Magisterium series. I liked the first one, but overall it was 2 stars.
The last book of the Maze Runner

message 44: by Abby (new)

Abby Snodgrass | 20 comments The Young Elites - I was so looking forward to reading it and it was a huge let down.

message 45: by Jin (new)

Jin Ryoo | 208 comments Abby wrote: "The Young Elites - I was so looking forward to reading it and it was a huge let down."

Really? I loved those series.

message 46: by Mils (new)

Mils (iluvmybooks) For me, it was definitely Allegiant, the last book in the Divergent series...

message 47: by seo eun (new)

seo eun Lee | 15 comments Morgan;) wrote: "So if I wanted to read Six of crows you wound recomend it?"
Of course!!!!

message 48: by seo eun (new)

seo eun Lee | 15 comments Harry Potter and the cursed Child.
I wish I didn't read it...

message 49: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Ann (lindsann) Throne of Glass.. I feel like people worship SJM, but I couldn't get into ToG at all. I made it through book four. I might try and continue in the future.

I'm currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses and love it ten times more.

message 50: by Sehrish | (new)

Sehrish |  سهريش | 309 comments The Matched series by Allie Condie.. I just finished 1 book from this trilogy and couldn't find the courage the read the whole series

« previous 1 3 4