Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > What are your favorite trilogies?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 44 comments Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for recommendations of trilogies rather than the longer IAD, BDB series. Especially excited for something cohesive and tightly plotted, where the promise of Volume 1 didn't peter out and Volume 2 didn't end up being a place holder between the world building of the beginning and the climax of the end.
Does that make sense?
Thank you!

message 2: by Treena (new)

Treena (treenao) | 92 comments Yes, I totally get that! I find that I can't do the super long series books anymore. I stopped BDB sometime after book 5 or 6.

Anyway, my favorite trilogies that I think fit what you're looking for are:

1) The first 3 books of the Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews, which cover Nevada and Rogan's story arc.
Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1) by Ilona Andrews White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews

2) Dark in You series by Suzanne Wright, technically 4 book series for Knox and Harper but you could stop at 3 books if you want to.
Burn (Dark in You, #1) by Suzanne Wright Blaze (Dark in You, #2) by Suzanne Wright Ashes (Dark in You, #3) by Suzanne Wright Embers (Dark in You, #4) by Suzanne Wright

3) Relentless series by Karen Lynch, again 4 books but only because the 4th book is from the H's POV. So you can also stop at the first 3 books.
Relentless (Relentless, #1) by Karen Lynch Refuge (Relentless, #2) by Karen Lynch Rogue (Relentless, #3) by Karen Lynch Warrior (Relentless, #4) by Karen Lynch

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 44 comments Treena wrote: "Yes, I totally get that! I find that I can't do the super long series books anymore. I stopped BDB sometime after book 5 or 6.

Anyway, my favorite trilogies that I think fit what you're looking f..."

Treena, thank you so much! I don't mind the fourth book, but I like the chance to stop at the third. I'm glad it makes sense to you. I find that increasingly while I'm willing to enter a tunnel, I need to know there's a light coming to show me the way out! :}

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria Vale (mariavale) | 44 comments kittykat (Jo Tortitude) wrote: "Ahhh, there's so many!

Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2) by Shelly Laurenston Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3) by Shelly Laurenston When He Was Bad (includes Magnus Pack, #3.5) by Shelly Laurenston
then the Pride series (not a tril..."

Oooo, This is such a great list. I'm going to start with the Jacqueline Carey (loved kushiel's dart) and then go from there. Thank you!

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 382 comments Maria wrote: "Oooo, This is such a great list. I'm going to start with the Jacqueline Carey (loved kushiel's dart) and then go from there. Thank you!..."

Welcome. I especially like to try and bring attention to all the books that never get mentions from anyone else, as well as a few top favs.

The Jacqueline Carey trilogy is NOTHING like her Kushiel's Dart (which aren't for me at all) books, it's much lighter and fluffier with no BDSM or sexual slavery. It is however slightly different from the 'normal' UF which is why I enjoyed it.

message 7: by Cozen (last edited Jul 17, 2020 05:43PM) (new)

Cozen | 476 comments The Dark series by Madeline Pryce:

Dark Cravings (Dark, #1) by Madeline Pryce Dark Cravings
Dark Innocence (Dark, #1.5) by Madeline Pryce Dark Innocence
Dark Secrets (Dark, #2) by Madeline Pryce Dark Secrets

Though the second book book is listed as 1.5 in the series.

K.F. Breene has a trilogy:

Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1) by K.F. Breene Born in Fire
Raised in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #2) by K.F. Breene Raised in Fire
Fused in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #3) by K.F. Breene Fused in Fire

I would include the Red Rising Saga by Pierce Brown:

Red Rising (Red Rising Saga, #1) by Pierce Brown Red Rising
Golden Son (Red Rising Saga, #2) by Pierce Brown Morning Star
Golden Son (Red Rising Saga, #2) by Pierce Brown Golden Son

Its in the sci-fi genre though. There are two more books after that but they don’t exclusively involve the main characters of the first three books. Books 4 and 5 are branches off the main book and don’t need to be read to be satisfied with where it ends.

A Wicked Trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout:

Wicked (A Wicked Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Wicked
Torn (A Wicked Trilogy, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Torn
Brave (A Wicked Trilogy, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Brave

There is a couple books after but they are on a different couple.

Laurann Dohner has a series Mating Heat:

Mate Set (Mating Heat, #1) by Laurann Dohner Mate Set
His Purrfect Mate (Mating Heat, #2) by Laurann Dohner His Purrfect Mate
Mating Brand (Mating Heat, #3) by Laurann Dohner Mating Brand

There were suppose to be more to this series but Dohner hasn’t come back to it and decided to start many other series than this one. The last book published in this series was back in 2014.

message 8: by Cozen (new)

Cozen | 476 comments Eden Conner has the Cuda Confessions series:

Gas or Ass (The 'Cuda Confessions, #1) by Eden Connor Gas or Ass
Turn & Burn (The 'Cuda Confessions, #2) by Eden Connor Turn & Burn
Pedal to the Metal (The 'Cuda Confessions #3) by Eden Connor Pedal to the Metal

The first book was difficult for me to get through, but books 2 and 3 was well worth it and extremely satisfying. Contemporary genre.

The DARK Omegaverse and one of the queen of darkness who write in it Addison Cain and her Alpha’s Claim series:

Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim, #1) by Addison Cain Born to be Bound
Born to be Broken (Alpha's Claim, #2) by Addison Cain Born to be Broken
Reborn (Alpha's Claim, #3) by Addison Cain Reborn

Book 3 ended up not really the end, probably because too many readers complaining about it, so the conclusion of it actually ended up in another series of hers, Stolen (Alpha’s Control, #1) by Addison Cain Stolen. Even though this book is listed as Alpha’s Claim 4, and despite one chapter in the middle of the book, it deals with a totally different couple in an entirely different dome. ***Warning*** This is a DARK series

message 9: by Cozen (last edited Jul 17, 2020 06:33PM) (new)

Cozen | 476 comments Cirque Masters Trilogy by Annabel Joseph:

Cirque de Minuit (Cirque Masters, #1) by Annabel Joseph Cirque de Minuit
Bound in Blue (Cirque Masters, #2) by Annabel Joseph Bound in Blue
Master's Flame (Cirque Masters, #3) by Annabel Joseph Master's Flame

A BDSM series. Though I must confess that I only read the first book. It was good. The other two are on my want to read list.

The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls by Sophie Jordan:

Sins of a Wicked Duke (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #1) by Sophie Jordan Sins of a Wicked Duke
In Scandal They Wed (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #2) by Sophie Jordan In Scandal They Wed
Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3) by Sophie Jordan Wicked Nights With a Lover

Like with the last, I’ve only read the first book (though I might have read another in this series without realizing it) but it is in my top ten books I love most.

Another extremely DARK trilogy is the Deadly Captive series by Bianca Sommerlands:

Deadly Captive (Deadly Captive, #1) by Bianca Sommerland Deadly Captive
Collateral Damage (Deadly Captive, #2) by Bianca Sommerland Collateral Damage
The End (Deadly Captive #3) by Bianca Sommerland The End

Again, this is DARK.

Breeder series by Cara Bristol:

Breeder (Breeder, #1) by Cara Bristol Breeder
Terran (Breeder, #2) by Cara Bristol Terran
Warrior (Breeder, #3) by Cara Bristol Warrior

It’s a sci-fi with triggers that some may find troubling (slavery situation).

Beverley Kendell series, The Elusive Lords Series:

Sinful Surrender (The Elusive Lords, #1) by Beverley Kendall Sinful Surrender
A Taste of Desire (The Elusive Lords, #2) by Beverley Kendall A Taste of Desire
An Heir of Deception (The Elusive Lords, #3) by Beverley Kendall An Heir of Deception

There’s a 2.5 book included too. It’s a historic read and I will admit that it’s been a long while since I’ve read these.

Sophie Jordan has another trilogy, The Firelight series:

Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Firelight
Vanish (Firelight, #2) by Sophie Jordan Vanish
Hidden (Firelight, #3) by Sophie Jordan Hidden

Unfortunately this is very Young Adult and might not be what you’re looking for.

message 10: by Zenda (last edited Jul 17, 2020 09:14PM) (new)

Zenda (zzmarie) I dont know if you would consider this paranormal, but it involves the fae. I love The Bargainer by Laura Thalassa.
Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1) by Laura Thalassa
A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2) by Laura Thalassa
Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3) by Laura Thalassa
IThere is also an accompanying book that tells portions of the story from Desmond's PoV.
The Emperor of Evening Stars (The Bargainer, #2.5) by Laura Thalassa