What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Fantasy series where protagonists and friends have special powers but are locked up!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starrisa (new)

Starrisa | 25 comments Hello!

I'm hoping to find a fantasy series set in (preferably) modern day earth context where the main characters have special abilities but are locked away because of them. I've read a couple a few years ago (I think The Girl Who Could Fly and a bit of The Darkest Minds It doesn't necessarily need to have the same vibes but rather the same setup? I'm looking for a plot that fits all these details rather then books that have the give off the same feelings as the two I have mentioned.

I'll prefer it if the book is part of at least a trilogy, but I'll take anything. Much thanks!! :)

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie (marie123) | 51 comments The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong might fit the bill. From the summary:

"Chloe Saunders used to have a relatively normal life.
But now she finds herself in the middle of some really strange situations because:
~She suddenly starts seeing dead people.
~She gets locked up in a group home for unstable teens.
~The group home isn't what it seems."

It is a trilogy, with some short stories if you fall in love with the characters. And if you fall in love with the world? Kelley Armstrong has another YA fantasy in the same world, as well as an exceptionally large adult fantasy series in the same world. I started with this series myself, and it is still by far my favorite.

message 3: by Starrisa (new)

Starrisa | 25 comments Marie wrote: "The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong might fit the bill. From the summary:

"Chloe Saunders used to have a relatively normal life.
But now she finds herself in the middle ..."

I think I read it a while ago but I may reread it again since I have forgotten most of the plot. Thanks for the recommendation!

message 4: by ...cats? (new)

...cats? | 426 comments It's a comic book, but perhaps X-Men: Days of Future Past by Chris Claremont?

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 329 comments Hex Hall maybe? It's a YA paranormal/fantasy set in the modern day about a reform school for magic. Magical beings are not exactly locked away - but they are forced to attend the school (it's something like a juvenile detention center for teens with magical abilities). It's a trilogy too!