The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > From the First Line - June

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanelle, Production Chief (new)

Lanelle | 13240 comments Mod
description

For this challenge, you will pick a book that you read last month. Using the first sentence in the book, find another book that is associated with that sentence.

You can read as many books as you like from one of last month's books, or
you can read a book for several of last month's books. (Did that make sense? :)

Examples:
Last month I read The Princess Bride. The first line is: "This is my favorite book in all the world, though I have never read it." - re-read one of your favorite books or read a book you have never read

... Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The first line is: "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." - read a book that is the 4th in a series or where the main characters are married

... Moon Called. The first line is: "I didn't realize that he was a werewolf at first." - read a book written in the first person or read a paranormal or urban fantasy story

Duration: June 1 - 30, 2020
Re-reads and audio books are okay.
There are no page limits.

message 2: by Tari (last edited Jun 27, 2020 09:04AM) (new)

Tari (thann) | 345 comments June From the First Line

From Killer Cleavers & Cupcakes—Mel McCoy:
"Ruth Shores removed her thick-rimmed sunglasses and gawked at the new luxury cruise ship that towered before her."

Cruise ship related from my WTR:
Killer Cruise (Cruise Ship Cozy Mysteries #1) by A.R. Winters A.R. Winters
READ Killer Cruise A.R. Winters 6/6/20

Not one I originally listed, but it's on a cruise ship:
Destination Murder (Cookie and Cream #2) by K.J. Emrick K.J. Emrick 6/15/20

message 3: by Susan (last edited May 29, 2020 02:43AM) (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 52 comments June From the First Letter

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson -Today was the day a thousand dreams would die and a single dream would be born.
---Read a book where someone dies, or a standalone book, or someone who is recently single, or read a book where someone gets pregnant.

Mystery/thriller (die)-
The Guest List by Lucy Foley
A standalone book-
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
Someone who recently become single-
Dirty Headlines by L.J. Shen
Books with a pregnancy or someone who became a mom
Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles

The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen -What sucked the most was that I, Francesca Rossi, had my entire future locked inside an unremarkable old wooden box.
---Read a book set in the future or sci-fi (future), or read a book with a key or lock (locked), read a classic (old)

Futuristic/Sci-fi-
Skyward (Skyward, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman
Locked-
The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
Old-
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes -"Bronwyn Alessia St. Vincent Clare" four names, five words, one pissed off werewolf.
---Read a book that has math or numbers or math terms, or read the 4th book in a series or 4 words in the title, or read the 5th book in a series or has a five in the publication dates. read a book that is the first in the series or has a one word title, Read a paranormal or shape shifter book

Math terms-
The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang Half a King (Shattered Sea, #1) by Joe Abercrombie
4 words in the title-
The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1) by Evie Dunmore
One word title-
Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Romanov by Nadine Brandes
Paranormal/shape shifter-
Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 4: by LaurLa (last edited Jun 28, 2020 02:42PM) (new)

LaurLa | 2490 comments From the First Line - June
June 2020

My From the First Line Challenge (msg 4)

15 Books Read

May Book ~ Welcome Back to Apple Grove

First Line: Gracie, please tell me you didn’t have a glass of wine before you picked up those scissors.

Character named Grace
Inconvenient Wife (Charleston #2) by Natasha Boyd
✔🍬Inconvenient Wife ~ 06.13 ★★★★

Beverage on the cover
Bloody Mary (Jack Daniels Mystery, #2) by J.A. Konrath Rusty Nail (Jack Daniels Mystery, #3) by J.A. Konrath
✔🍬Bloody Mary ~ 06.09 ★★★
✔🍬Rusty Nail ~ 06.20 ★★★

Someone uses scissors
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Gone Tropical by Robena Grant
✔🍬The Graveyard Book ~ 06.26 ★★★
✔🍬Gone Tropical ~ 06.26 ★★★

Someone cuts their hair
Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1) by Dee J. Adams Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers, #1) by Rachel Aaron
✔🍬Dangerous Race ~ 06.12 ★★★★
✔🍬Nice Dragons Finish Last ~ 06.25 ★★★

Someone drinks wine
Heat Wave by Jennifer Greene Obsession in Death (In Death, #40) by J.D. Robb A Royal Pain (Unruly Royals, #1) by Megan Mulry Tempting Mr. Weatherstone (Wallflower Weddings, #0.5) by Vivienne Lorret Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2) by Nora Roberts Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper Wild Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #1) by Debra Holland Fall Easy (SEALs Undone Book 10) by Zoe York
✔🍬Heat Wave ~ 06.20 ★★★
✔🍬Obsession in Death ~ 06.08 ★★★★
✔🍬A Royal Pain ~ 06.27 ★★★★
✔🍬Tempting Mr. Weatherstone ~ 06.08 ★★★★
✔🍬Tempting Fate ~ 06.13 ★★★★
✔🍬Better Homes and Hauntings ~ 06.10 ★★★★
✔🍬Wild Montana Sky ~ 06.04 ★★★
✔🍬Fall Easy ~ 06.06 ★★★

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1415 comments The Challenge Factory
From the First Line - June
Duration:
June 1 - 30, 2020

Progress: 0 out of ?

For this challenge, you will pick a book that you read last month. Using the first sentence in the book, find another book that is associated with that sentence.

You can read as many books as you like from one of last month's books, or
you can read a book for several of last month's books. (Did that make sense? :)

Examples:
Last month I read The Princess Bride. The first line is: "This is my favorite book in all the world, though I have never read it." - re-read one of your favorite books or read a book you have never read

... Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The first line is: "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." - read a book that is the 4th in a series or where the main characters are married

... Moon Called. The first line is: "I didn't realize that he was a werewolf at first." - read a book written in the first person or read a paranormal or urban fantasy story

Re-reads and audio books are okay.
There are no page limits.

message 6: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 345 comments Updated msg. 2: got 2 books in that related to the first line I posted

message 7: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2490 comments All done for June -
Updated post: My From the First Line Challenge (msg 4)

15 Books Read