What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > An illustrated children's book about figuring out ways to get to things, find things, and solve puzzles. Lots of detail in each page

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P (last edited May 26, 2020 04:04PM) (new)

P | 5 comments It was an illustrated children's book. Every two pages were of a different scene, the children where trying to do something such as finding mushrooms or herbs, figuring out problems and how to solve them, and you as the reader helped them find out a way to get the item, and solve the issue.

There was one page where there was an evil doctor or tattoo artist, and a motorcyclist was his patent I believe.
And another where it was in the woods and you had to find ways to get plants or items without touching poisons plants.

This book was probably for children 7 to 10. This is not "Where's Waldo/Wally?" And I read the book either in 2004 or 2006.

Thank you.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34380 comments Mod
Paisley, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2194 comments I don't have any specific suggestions, sorry, but these types of books are sometimes called "picture puzzle books" or "puzzle adventures". There's quite a few on this list - Best Activity Books - or you could browse through books tagged "picture puzzle" on LibraryThing.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Can you describe the illustrations - e.g., simple or detailed, realistic or cartoony, painted watercolors or bold graphics, bright or dark colors, black & white? Do they remind you of a similar illustrator or picture book author?

message 5: by P (new)

P | 5 comments Becca,
I didn't find it, but thanks for all the great options. I found a bunch of interesting looking ones. : )

message 6: by P (new)

P | 5 comments Kris,
They were colored illustrations with a good amount of detail, I want to a say it was a similar art style to Illustrator Dirk Zimmer, who illustrated, "In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories." But the pages had more going on in them, due to the puzzle aspect. But its been a long time.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Thanks. References: In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories and illustrator Dirk Zimmer