The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Monthly Challenges > June 2020 challenge

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4685 comments

Welcome to our June challenge!

Rules:

✒︎ You may choose how many tasks you’d like to complete from 1 to all 7.
✒︎ Each task can only be completed once and each book can only be used for 1 task.
✒︎ Books must be at least 150 pages long.
✒︎ Any book format may be used: physical, electronic, audio.
✒︎ For audio pages just use the first edition of the book that pops up when you do a search for the book.
✒︎ All books must be started and finished within the challenge month.

Tasks:
☀️June 6th - Wear BLUE Day
~ Read a book with a mostly blue cover or a person wearing mostly blue on the cover.

☀️June 8th - Best Friend's Day
~ Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends. They can also be roommates or siblings, as long as they are also best of friends.

☀️ June 9th - National Heroes Day
~ Read a book with a hero or someone who "saves the day." This can be a first responder type person, an anti-hero, or a superhero. It's up to you and your interpretation.

☀️June 10th - National Ballpoint Pen Day
~ Read a book with a pen on the cover or where an MC is an author or writes something down in the story.

☀️ June 12th - National Loving Day
~ Read a book in the romance genre or a book you love and give 5 stars to.

☀️June 15th - World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
~ Read a book with a main character or author that is aged 65 or older.

☀️June 27th - National PTSD Awareness Day
~ Read a book with a main character that is / was in the military or suffered a traumatic event.

message 2: by DrKmW (new)

DrKmW (chouchou24) | 10 comments Well, I have a long list of books to read or finish. But I would like to try this Challenge. Thanks

message 3: by DrKmW (new)

DrKmW (chouchou24) | 10 comments I would like to sign up although I have a few books to finish
Do I need to register officially ? Thanks

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4685 comments DrKmW wrote: "I would like to sign up although I have a few books to finish
Do I need to register officially ? Thanks"

This is a pretty laid back challenge. No need to officially register, just set up your spot and edit it as you go. You can start whenever you're ready in June.

message 5: by Michelle (last edited Jul 08, 2020 10:27AM) (new)

Michelle | 45 comments Completed: 7/7 tasks
Verge Stories by Lidia Yuknavitch The Talking Drum by Lisa Braxton The City We Became (Great Cities #1) by N.K. Jemisin You Exist Too Much by Zaina Arafat Saving Ruby King by Catherine Adel West Pride of Eden by Taylor Brown Sharks in the Time of Saviors by Kawai Strong Washburn

~ Read a book with a mostly blue cover or a person wearing mostly blue on the cover.
You Exist Too Much
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

~ Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends. They can also be roommates or siblings, as long as they are also best of friends.
Saving Ruby King

~ Read a book with a hero or someone who "saves the day." This can be a first responder type person, an anti-hero, or a superhero. It's up to you and your interpretation.
The City We Became

~ Read a book with a pen on the cover or where an MC is an author or writes something down in the story.
The Talking Drum

Verge: Stories

Pride of Eden

~ Read a book with a main character that is / was in the military or suffered a traumatic event.
Sharks in the Time of Saviors

message 6: by Fernanda (new)

Fernanda (bastosreadsbooks) | 1 comments GUYS HELP!! I need help to decide 3-5 books from this list:

1. Year of yes by Shonda Rhimes
2. The Other Bennet Sister - A Novel by Janice Hadlow
3. A Long Petal of The Sea by Isabel Allende
4. See You In The Cosmos by Jack Cheng
5. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
6. 4321 by Paul Auster
7. The Ballad of The Sad Café by Carson McCullers
8. When You Ask Me Where I’m Going by Jasmin Kamr
9. Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman
10. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? By Edward Albee
11. How Much of These Hills is Gold By C Pam Zhang
12. Clock Dance By Anne Tyler
13. Outlander By Diana Gabaldon
14. History of Beauty edit by Humberto Eco

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments I am excited to start this challenge!

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments I am excited to start this challenge!

message 9: by LaurLa (last edited Jun 30, 2020 11:01AM) (new)

LaurLa | 520 comments June 2020 Challenge
June 2020

My June Challenge (msg 9)

Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1) by Dee J. Adams Inconvenient Wife (Charleston #2) by Natasha Boyd Of Blood and Bone (Chronicles of The One, #2) by Nora Roberts Wild Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #1) by Debra Holland A Royal Pain (Unruly Royals, #1) by Megan Mulry Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2) by Nora Roberts Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2) by Sarah Fine

June 6th - Wear BLUE Day
☀️Read a book with a mostly blue cover
☀️Dangerous Race ~ 06.12 ★★★★

June 8th - Best Friend's Day
☀️Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends
☀️Inconvenient Wife ~ 06.13 ★★★★

June 9th - National Heroes Day
☀️Read a book with a hero or someone who "saves the day."
☀️Of Blood and Bone ~ 06.18 ★★★★★

June 10th - National Ballpoint Pen Day
☀️Read a book where an MC writes something down in the story
☀️Wild Montana Sky ~ 06.04 ★★★

June 12th - National Loving Day
☀️Read a book in the romance genre
☀️A Royal Pain ~ 06.27 ★★★★

June 15th - World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
☀️Read a book with a author that is aged 65 or older
☀️Tempting Fate ~ 06.13 ★★★★

June 27th - National PTSD Awareness Day
☀️Read a book with a main character that is / was in the military
☀️Claimed ~ 06.22 ★★★★

message 10: by SANDYE (last edited Jul 02, 2020 08:48AM) (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) Welcome to our June challenge!

Tasks Completed: 3 / 3 - COMPLETED!!

Tasks:
~ Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends. - The Trouble with Playing Cupid (Cupid 1) by Tamara Philip - 6/11/2020 - LOC 72 at the hands of Clarissa, her best friend slash publicist slash manager slash evil overlord

~ Read a book where an MC is an author or writes something down in the story. - The Cat of Yule Cottage: A Magical Tale of Romance, Christmas and Cats - the perfect read for winter 2020 by Lili Hayward - 6/13/2020

~ Read a book with a main character that suffered a traumatic event. - Escape to Osprey Cove (Osprey Cove Lodge 1) by Luisa Marietta Gold - 6/24/20 - (view spoiler)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules:
✒︎ Each task can only be completed once and each book can only be used for 1 task.
✒︎ For audio pages just use the first edition of the book that pops up when you do a search for the book.

message 11: by Sana (last edited Jun 19, 2020 11:01AM) (new)

Sana Zameer (sanazameer) | 43 comments ☀️June 6th - Wear BLUE Day

~ Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends. They can also be roommates or siblings, as long as they are also best of friends. Sweet Talk (Buchanan-Renard, #10) by Julie Garwood 10/6

~ Read a book with a hero or someone who "saves the day." This can be a first responder type person, an anti-hero, or a superhero. It's up to you and your interpretation. Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8) by Thea Harrison 13/6

~ Read a book in the romance genre or a book you love and give 5 stars to. Fast Track (Buchanan-Renard, #12) by Julie Garwood

message 12: by Maddielucy(Patti) (last edited Jun 16, 2020 07:00AM) (new)

Maddielucy(Patti) | 66 comments Welcome to our June challenge! Completed 7/7

Tasks:
~ Read a book with a mostly blue cover or a person wearing mostly blue on the cover. Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts Read 6/13
Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts

~ Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends. They can also be roommates or siblings, as long as they are also best of friends. Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover Read6/14
Maybe Not (Maybe, #1.5) by Colleen Hoover

~ Read a book with a hero or someone who "saves the day." This can be a first responder type person, an anti-hero, or a superhero. It's up to you and your interpretation. Chocolate Covered Death by Gemma Halliday Read 6/16
Chocolate Covered Death (Wine & Dine Mysteries #2) by Gemma Halliday

~ Read a book with a pen on the cover or where an MC is an author or writes something down in the story. I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk Read 6/7
I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3) by Lindsey Kelk

~ Read a book in the romance genre or a book you love and give 5 stars to. Dakota Home by Debbie Macomber Read 6/5
Dakota Home (Dakota, #2) by Debbie Macomber

~ Read a book with a main character or author that is aged 65 or older. Full Scoop by Janet Evanovich Read 6/15
Full Scoop (Full #6) by Janet Evanovich

~ Read a book with a main character that is / was in the military or suffered a traumatic event. The War Priest by Ann Aguirre Read 6/14
The War Priest (Ars Numina, #5) by Ann Aguirre

message 13: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4685 comments Way to go, Maddielucy(Patti)!

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4685 comments Fernanda - What did you end up picking?

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4685 comments First time I've finished all the tasks for the challenge!!

June Tasks:
✓☀️June 6th - Wear BLUE Day
~ Read a book with a mostly blue cover or a person wearing mostly blue on the cover. The New Husband
The New Husband by D.J. Palmer

✓☀️June 8th - Best Friend's Day
~ Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends. They can also be roommates or siblings, as long as they are also best of friends. Little Creeping Things

✓☀️ June 9th - National Heroes Day
~ Read a book with a hero or someone who "saves the day." This can be a first responder type person, an anti-hero, or a superhero. It's up to you and your interpretation. Trouble in Mudbug

✓☀️June 10th - National Ballpoint Pen Day
~ Read a book with a pen on the cover or where an MC is an author or writes something down in the story. The Sun Down Motel

✓☀️ June 12th - National Loving Day
~ Read a book in the romance genre or a book you love and give 5 stars to. What You Wish For

✓☀️June 15th - World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
~ Read a book with a main character or author that is aged 65 or older. Swamp Sniper

✓☀️June 27th - National PTSD Awareness Day
~ Read a book with a main character that is / was in the military or suffered a traumatic event. Little Secrets

message 16: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 520 comments Finished! Great challenge, thanks!
Updated post: My June Challenge (msg 9)

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Meredith | 1 comments Tasks:

Swallow me Whole: Gemma James

Virgin River by Robyn Carr

Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr

message 18: by SANDYE (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) Welcome to our June challenge!
Date Completed: June 24, 2020

Tasks Completed: 3 / 3 - COMPLETED!!

Tasks:
~ Read a book where 2 or more of the MCs are best friends. - The Trouble with Playing Cupid (Cupid 1) by Tamara Philip - 6/11/2020 - LOC 72 at the hands of Clarissa, her best friend slash publicist slash manager slash evil overlord

~ Read a book where an MC is an author or writes something down in the story. - The Cat of Yule Cottage: A Magical Tale of Romance, Christmas and Cats - the perfect read for winter 2020 by Lili Hayward - 6/13/2020

~ Read a book with a main character that suffered a traumatic event. - Escape to Osprey Cove (Osprey Cove Lodge 1) by Luisa Marietta Gold - 6/24/20 - (view spoiler)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules: