AlexandriaLibraryVA discussion

General > Friday Reads: What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited May 15, 2020 11:37AM) (new)

Andrea (andreac7) | 5 comments Mod
TGIF! What's everyone reading this weekend?

I just started reading The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires and have been listening to Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion while doing chores or taking walks.

How about you?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (judydark) | 64 comments Mod
Reading The Hand that First held Mine by Maggie O’Farrell and listening to Wow, No Thank You by Samantha Irby. My audio listening time has been cut way down thanks to my current lack of commute.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Jessica wrote: "Reading The Hand that First held Mine by Maggie O’Farrell and listening to Wow, No Thank You by Samantha Irby. My audio listening time has been cut way down thanks to my current lack of commute."

Wow, No Thank You. is on my list! I listened to We Are Never Meeting in Real Life.: Essays and liked it a lot.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

I will definitely read more of her - I prefer audio for essays and I think she read this one herself.

message 5: by Lane (new)

Lane Stone | 3 comments I'm reading A Woman Is No Man and listening to The Word is Murder, which is fun once you realize what the author is doing.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Lane wrote: "I'm reading A Woman Is No Man and listening to The Word is Murder, which is fun once you realize what the author is doing."

That's great, Lane! I enjoyed The Word Is Murder a lot as well.

message 7: by Athena (new)

Athena (athenaw) | 21 comments Andrea wrote: "TGIF! What's everyone reading this weekend?

I just started reading The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires and have been listening to Trick Mirror: Reflections on..."</i>

I'm reading [book:Redhead by the Side of the Road
and really like it. Ann Tyler is so good at creating quirky characters. I have The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires in my to be read pile.

message 8: by Mary-jane (new)

Mary-jane Roth | 26 comments I just started A Constellation of Vital Phenomena and am listening to Treasure Island.

message 9: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennywatts) | 2 comments Listening to Wow, No Thank You, by Samantha Irby. Just finished If I Had Your Face, by Frances Cha, and The Knockout Queen, by Rufi Thorpe. All three of these have been great! In the background, I’m also chipping away at Ducks, Newburyport, by Lucy Ellman. I may read Emma Straub’s All Adults Here next.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

I’ve been enjoying The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin. Making a conscious effort to put my phone down and pick up my book instead.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jenna, I checked out Ducks, Newburyport on a whim right before the library closed but I haven’t touched it since. Thanks for the reminder that I should give it a try.