What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > books with twin characters

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (liiiz) | 4 comments Hi everyone.
Please suggest me books with twin characters in the plot. One of them can be the main character or maybe both, doesn't matter :)

message 2: by J (new)

J | 3 comments hi this book is on the short side and its like middle school grade but the plot is theres these twins boys and one lives w their dad and the other lives w their mom and they can never see each other exepct for one day of the year bc their dad works for death and their mom works for memory and thas not aloud ig The House in Poplar Wood

message 3: by Kris (last edited May 12, 2020 12:16PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Liz, are you looking for books similar in tone to The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne (in the topic header)?

Which genre, tone or age group are you interested in?

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (liiiz) | 4 comments J wrote: "hi this book is on the short side and its like middle school grade but the plot is theres these twins boys and one lives w their dad and the other lives w their mom and they can never see each othe..."

thank you!!

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz (liiiz) | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Liz, are you looking for books similar in tone to The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne (in the topic header)?"

hi!! no, but when i made the post i was forced to choose a book and i choosed a random one

message 6: by Lilly #2 (last edited May 12, 2020 12:22PM) (new)

Lilly #2 (stormiiclouds) The Land of Stories is a good one. Also, Children of Eden.

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz (liiiz) | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Liz, are you looking for books similar in tone to The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne (in the topic header)?

Which genre, tone or age group are you interested in?"

any genre, any tone and any age group :)

message 8: by Jaiden (new)

Jaiden | 31 comments One of my favorite TV shows has several books made off of it and the twins are main characters. The books are Gravity Falls if you want to check them out. :3

Steph (loves water) | 109 comments Rosamond Smith is a pen name for Joyce Carol Oates and a couple of her books are about twins. Not kidding, some twisted psychological stuff, but that's JCO!

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Liz wrote: "Kris wrote: "Liz, are you looking for books similar in tone to The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne (in the topic header)?"

hi!! no, but when i made the post i was force..."

Thanks for the update. That's a strange glitch on Goodreads. I removed this book from the header.

message 15: by Sycorax (new)

Sycorax | 74 comments The Thirteenth Tale by Diana Setterfield is gothic story about twins. I loved it.

message 16: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 282 comments I "cheated" this time and checked Wikipedia and TVTropes :-)

In the "Game of Thrones" saga, two major characters are twins: Cersei and Jaime Lannister.

The "Harry Potter" saga has Fred and George Weasley, but I think they are supporting characters.

False Colours is about twin brothers.

Menaechmi; Or, The Twin-Brothers, classical play about twins

message 17: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1088 comments If plays are acceptable, William Shakespeare has The Comedy of Errors. The Comedy of Errors

message 18: by Pamela (last edited May 13, 2020 08:10AM) (new)

Pamela Love | 1088 comments This Body's Not Big Enough for Both of Us by Edgar Cantero This Body's Not Big Enough for Both of Us

The Girls by Lori Lansens (Sorry, couldn't get a link to this one.)

One by Sarah Crossan (Sorry, couldn't get a link to this one, either.)

Gemini by Sonya Mukherjee Gemini

message 19: by Ann (last edited May 21, 2020 10:41PM) (new)

Ann | 530 comments Sweet Valley High, Sweet Valley Twins, Sweet Valley Kids, Sweet Valley University...all series created by Francine Pascal about the Wakefield twins.

Dancing on the Wind by Mary Jo Putney

Lost and Found by Andrew Clements

All I Want for Christmas by Nora Roberts

The Circle trilogy by Nora Roberts

Blaze Wyndham by Bertrice Small

Family Album by Danielle Steel

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Stewart

message 20: by Tricia (new)

Tricia | 11 comments Jude Deveraux Twin of Ice and Twin of Fire

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 21: by Tricia (new)

Tricia | 11 comments Deceptions by Judith Michael’s Twins switch places and one of them is married and falls in love with her sisters life. Oldie but really good story.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

Trading places by Fern Michaels is about a Twin who is a cop and she’s after someone who killed her partner and asks her sister who is kind of wild and outgoing to trade places with her. That twin gets involved in a mystery as well with an investigating reporter that would flirt with her sister but she wasn’t interested in him, and a story he was working on.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Asia (semi–hiatus) (booknerd117) | 205 comments Highly recommend The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black. Book 1 is The Cruel Prince.

message 23: by Ann (last edited May 21, 2020 10:34PM) (new)

Ann | 530 comments Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon

message 24: by Lee (new)

Lee Kuivinen | 24 comments TIME FOR THE STARS by Robert A. Heinlein

message 25: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 115 comments Twelfth Night-Shakespeare:)

message 26: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 326 comments I also recommend The Cruel Prince! It's a great YA fantasy story about twins who are kidnapped into the world of the fae. The twins are the main characters

message 27: by Candice (new)

Candice | 9 comments I just started reading The Grammarians by Catherine Schine. Twin girls

message 29: by Mary (new)

Mary | 31 comments Best books about twins, IMHO, and I'm kind of addicted to reading about twins.
I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb (I can't figure out how to create a link). Amazing book that is being/has recently been made into a TV series (which I haven't watched).
Mark Twain's Prince and the Pauper, and all it's many spin-offs. Not about twins, but about doppelgangers, but has many of the qualities of twin stories.
Jacob Have I Loved, the Newberry Award winner.
One by Sarah Crossan, about conjoined twins.
There's a lot of amazing nonfiction about twins, too--stories that will blow your mind about twin studies, twins separated at birth, etc.

message 30: by Lou (last edited Jun 07, 2020 10:51AM) (new)

Lou Rocama | 435 comments I second Twelfth Night, although like all Shakespeare it's better to watch it.

Others
Note: some of these are spoilers. I've hidden these.

Children's:
The first two of Sharon Shinn's safe-keeper series
The Safe-Keeper's Secret
The Truth-Teller's Tale

Tamora Pierce's song of the lioness
Alanna: The First Adventure

TA Barron's (view spoiler)

Colfer's The Fowl Twins

L'Engle's Many Waters

Michael Lawrence, Aldous Lexicon, aka Withern Rise (Alternate selves rather than twins)
A Crack in the Line

Frank Herbert
Children of Dune (kind of dreadful, but a classic)

And to finish off, STAR WARS BOOKS!!! The older stuff that isn't canon now. Scowl.
Heirs of the Force

Adult:
Seanan Mcguire's Wayward Children
Every Heart a Doorway
Down Among the Sticks and Bones
Come Tumbling Down

Brent Weeks, Lightbringer series
The Black Prism

Mickey Zucker Reichert, Flight of the Renshai series
Flight of the Renshai
There are two earlier Renshai trilogies without twins.

Lois McMaster Bujold
(view spoiler)

More Star Wars! (first in extended story arc)
Betrayal

And if you don't mind comics:
Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 1
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1

message 31: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Apr 11, 2021 12:46PM) (new)

message 32: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)