Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived Challenges > February 2020 Shuffle That Playlist! Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Jan 28, 2020 06:10PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments description

Remember that old Dance Party Team Challenge we did ages ago? Think of this challenge as a both homage and reinvention of that challenge!

How To’s and Rules:
🎼There will be no levels to this challenge. Re-reads are allowed and there are no page minimums for this challenge! Do remember that you CAN change your chosen Books at any time during the month to count for the challenge!
🎶 NO DUPLICATING BOOK OR TASK ENTRIES!! Books and Tasks are only to be used/listed/completed once! An example of this would be reading a book published in December 2014 for the "Read a book published in December (any year)" task, and then reading another book, this one published in December 2016, justifying it by saying that the books were published in two separate years. Once you complete the "Read a book published in December (any year)" task, it can't be completed a second time to complete the task.
🎹 Each month, a new artist will be chosen. There will always be a "Fun Fact" task listed, and then the artist's 10 "Greatest Hits" (as chosen by our mods!) will be listed as tasks for you to match your reading to. If you do not like the songs picked, but are still a fan of the artist, there will be a link to the artist's "Songbook" where you can see all songs by that performer and can choose a song to challenge yourself with, or you can choose to do the spell out options!
🎵You can read as many or as few books as you like each month! However, you must keep your original post updated and must also mark books as finished by adding the date finished next to the book listed and either striking them out using the "< s> < /s>" HTML commands (without the spaces) or by copying and pasting a checkmark: ✔ ✓. No date or checkmark will ensure your post doesn't get counted for participation! Be sure to give a shout out in the thread when you're all done! Please do not make a separate post with your finished challenge, edit your original comment! This is so we can keep accurate track of participation. You can make an announcement post like "Finished in comment #2!", so we know where to find your completed challenge to congratulate you! Duplicate posts will be deleted!
📻 Duration will be from February 1st to February 29th, 2020.
📱 Call into DJ Trea by the 14th of each month to request a specific artist! (That means send her a PM if you've got an artist you'd like to see featured!)

Here is February 2020's Artist of the Month: Kenny Loggins

Mod Trea's son is a huge fan of the song Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins, because it's featured as the main theme in his favorite video game franchise, Plants vs. Zombies. He requested that one of our Playlist Challenges feature Danger Zone, so that means his artist by extension.

Fun Fact:
His early songs were recorded with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in 1970- Read a book published or set in 1970 or that has a dirt road on the cover:

The Songs (In No Particular Order):
"For the First Time": Read the first book in a series or a virgin romance
"Danger Zone": Read a book where a main character is a pilot or is in school
"I'm Alright": Read a coming of age romance or a romance where the main character plays golf
"Playing with the Boys": Read a M/M Romance
"Footloose": Read a book where a main character is newly moved to town or is a dancer
"The Last Unicorn": Read a Fantasy Romance
"I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)": Read a romance where someone is liberated/rescued or an Inspirational Romance
"Meet Me Half Way": Read a book with a single father main character
"Double or Nothing": Read a book set in Las Vegas or a book with a main character that is a boxer
"This is It": Read the final book of a series

Spell out the word DANCE or KLOGGINS using Title, Author, or Series Name No middle names on Author name!
D-
A-
N-
C-
E-

K-
L-
O-
G-
G-
I-
N-
S-

The Songbook: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5P5FT...

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved

message 3: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (last edited Mar 07, 2020 05:19AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments Shuffle That Playlist! Reading Challenge
Duration: February 1st to February 29th, 2020
Read: 9/9

Fun Fact:
His early songs were recorded with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in 1970- Read a book published or set in 1970 or that has a dirt road on the cover:

"For the First Time": Read the first book in a series or a virgin romance: Naughty Prince: A BBW Romance by Megan Wade-2/2/20
"I'm Alright": Read a coming of age romance or a romance where the main character plays golf
"Footloose": Read a book where a main character is newly moved to town or is a dancer: No Time for Lattes by Becky Muth-2/10/20
"I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)": Read a romance where someone is liberated/rescued or an Inspirational Romance
"Double or Nothing": Read a book set in Las Vegas or a book with a main character that is a boxer

Spell out the word DANCE or KLOGGINS using Title, Author, or Series Name No middle names on Author name!
D- Dark Alpha's Temptation by Donna Grant-2/19/20
A- Sweet to the Taste by Alyssa Cole-2/15/20
N-
C-
E- Betrayed by A.K. Evans-2/4/20

K- Teacher I Want to Date by Mia Kayla-2/13/20
L- Let It Shine by Alyssa Cole-2/22/20
O-
G-
G-
I- Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne-2/8/20
N-
S- Sniper by Hope Ford-2/6/20

message 4: by JoAnne (last edited Feb 29, 2020 07:52PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 100 comments Here is February 2020's Artist of the Month: Kenny Loggins

Read 16 books - DONE!

Fun Fact:

The Billionaire in Boots (Princes of Texas, #3) by Julia London The Billionaire in Boots (Princes of Texas, #3) by Julia London 2/28/20 4stars (Nick in flight school to be a pilot!)

"Footloose": Read a book where a main character is newly moved to town
Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4) by Susan Mallery Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island #4) by Susan Mallery 2/8/20 4stars (Sophie)

"I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)": Read an Inspirational Romance
Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light A Christmas Secret (Cape Light, #19) by Katherine Spencer Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light: A Christmas Secret (Cape Light, #19) by Katherine Spencer 2/23/20 5stars

D- Davids, Patricia The Amish Teacher's Dilemma 2/10/20 4stars
A- Annie West Revelations of a Secret Princess 2/9/20 4stars
N- Nora Roberts The Perfect Hope (Inn at Boonsboro Trilogy #3) 2/14/20 5stars
C- Christmas Blessings(Cape Light #18) by Katherine Spencer 2/15/20 5stars
E- Etta Foster A Love to Mend Her Broken Heart: A Historical Western Romance Novel 2/5/20 4stars

K- A KISS BENEATH A CHRISTMAS STAR (Daydreams & Dragonflies Rock 'N Sweet Romance 2) by Tamara Ferguson 2/17/20 4stars
L- Loving Jenna (Wells Landing #8) by Amy Lillard 2/20/20 5stars
O- Onward: A Funny, Heartbreaking, and Insightful Collection of Faith Lessons by Alicia Yost 2/21/20 2stars
G- Good, Rachel J. His Unexpected Amish Twins (Unexpected Amish Blessings #1)
2/17/20 4.5stars
G- Green, Jane The Sunshine Sisters 2/29/20 4stars
I- In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume 2/9/20 4stars
N- Nora Roberts The Last Boyfriend(Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #2) 2/4/20 5stars[
S- [book:Sex With Strangers|50311061] by Mollie Mathews 2/2/20 4stars

message 5: by Threads (last edited Feb 22, 2020 06:35AM) (new)

Threads + Thoughts (threadsplus) | 23 comments Shuffle That Playlist! Reading Challenge - Kenny Loggins
Read: 5/10

✔︎ "For the First Time" - Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas - 7/2/20 - ★★★
✔︎ "Footloose" - Ink by Elizabeth Hunter - 9/2/20 ★★☆
✔︎ "I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)" - Devil's Gate by Thea Harrison - 3/2/20 ★★★★
✔︎ "Meet Me Half Way": Soaring Kristen Ashley - 22/2/20 ★★★★
✔︎ "Double or Nothing": The Will by Kristen Ashley - 13/2/20 ★★★★

Devil's Gate (Elder Races, #4.6) by Thea Harrison Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Ink (7th and Main, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter The Will (Magdalene, #1) by Kristen Ashley Soaring (Magdalene, #2) by Kristen Ashley

message 6: by TC (new)

TC | 7 comments Shuffle That Playlist! Reading Challenge: Kenny Loggins
Duration: 02/01/20-02/29/20
Read: 0/??

message 7: by Frankie (last edited Feb 15, 2020 01:05PM) (new)

Frankie Johnson | 29 comments Shuffle That Playlist! Reading Challenge - Kenny Loggins

"For the First Time": Read the first book in a series.
(Confessions of the Heart Series #1)
More of You-A.L. Jackson 2/12
More of You (Confessions of the Heart, #1) by A.L. Jackson
"Danger Zone": Read a book where a main character is in school
Skeletons of Us-Anne Malcom 2/02
Skeletons of Us (Unquiet Mind #2) by Anne Malcom
"Footloose": Read a book where a main character is newly moved to town
Burndown-Winter Travers 2/01
Burndown (Nitro Crew, #1) by Winter Travers
"I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)": Read a romance where someone is liberated/rescued
Impact-Haley Jenner 2/13
Impact by Haley Jenner

D-
A-The A.I. Who Loved Me-Alyssa Cole 2/01
N-The NewlyFEDS-Logan Chance 2/07
C-Cowboy in Colorado-Jasinda Wilder 2/09
E-Even If It Hurts-Marni Mann 2/07
D The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole The NewlyFEDS by Logan Chance Cowboy in Colorado by Jasinda Wilder Even If It Hurts by Marni Mann

K-
L-Love, in English-Karina Halle
O-
G-
G-
I-Imagine Us-Jaxson Kidman 2/04
N-
S-
K Love, in English (Love, in English, #1) by Karina Halle OGG Imagine Us by Jaxson Kidman

message 8: by Jodie (last edited Feb 14, 2020 04:32PM) (new)

Jodie (dubious_ks) | 86 comments February shuffle: Kenny Logins
Completed: 5

✔️”The Last Unicorn": Read a Fantasy Romance
Gail's Family (Icehome, #4) by Ruby Dixon , 2/1/20, 4*
✔️"For the First Time": Read the first book in a series
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost , 2/9/20, 4*
✔️"Footloose": Read a book where a main character is newly moved to town
The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5) by Robyn Carr , 2/5/20, 4*
✔️"I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)": Read a romance where someone is liberated/rescued or an Inspirational Romance
Moti on the Water by Leylah Attar , 2/3/20, 5*
✔️"I'm Alright": Read a coming of age romance
Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber , 2/14/20, 4*

message 9: by Mee (new)

Mee | 77 comments I'm joining you way late for this, but better late then never.

"For the First Time": Read the first book in a series or a virgin romance

"Footloose": Read a book where a main character is newly moved to town or is a dancer

"I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)": Read a romance where someone is liberated/rescued or an Inspirational Romance Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3) by Susan Stoker

"This is It": Read the final book of a series Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor Texas Heroes #15) by Susan Stoker currently reading

Mee

message 10: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 100 comments Done on post #4
Read 16 books and completed both spell out words!

message 11: by ⚜️Trea, Moderator (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments JoAnne wrote: "Done on post #4
Read 16 books and completed both spell out words!"

Congrats!