Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > What are you reading in 2020?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kiersten, Mod (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 501 comments Mod
Hey addicts, what books are you currently reading or planning to read this year? Are there any books releasing in 2020 that you're excited for?

message 2: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (igniting_the_page) | 2 comments Currently on the 2nd book in Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series, Blood Bound.

message 3: by Georgeanna (new)

Georgeanna | 1 comments Rereading Shade of Wicked before I read Wicked Bite!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Drew (scottsgirl1982) | 52 comments I just finished reading Stephan king's Institute and I am in the middle of reading Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale

lexismelancholy | 1 comments Reading the Immortals after Dark series. On Dark Desires After Dusk right now.

message 6: by Next2Happy (new)

Next2Happy | 10 comments I started reading the Angela Knight Mageverse series. I’m surprised I hadn’t heard of this one before

message 7: by Kandy (new)

Kandy Crenshaw (kanzedac) | 2 comments For our new podcast about supernatural erotica/romance (it’s called “What the Smut”. I’m excited to read a lot of authors and storylines that aren’t in my usual wheel house. It’s going to be a year of branching out for us!

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Read Minimum Wage Magic Minimum Wage Magic (DFZ #1) by Rachel Aaron - 4 star, I found it enjoyable, the characters were interesting with some unexpected revelations, a fun read

Vortena by Neven Iliev Vortena - Fun read, some laugh out loud moments

Now reading The Broken Throne (Schooled in Magic, #16) by Christopher G. Nuttall The Broken Throne

message 9: by Mony (new)

Mony (mony1) | 381 comments Can't Fix Cupid by Raven Kennedy
Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1) series
They're a hoot and well done!

message 11: by Mr. (new)

Mr. Darcy (author_mrdarcy) | 5 comments Secrets from the Top Caroline's Journal: The Beginning

I just wanted to bring to everyone's awareness that this author is giving away all of his proceeds to the American nurses association to help them cope during and after this pandemic, i hope as a group of avid readers you will all get behind this great cause and get behind this author, The nurses are working tirelessly to keep us safe and well, you never know when you will need their help, this is such a great cause and please try and get behind the effort that this author is trying to do,

If you liked 50 shades of grey but want a more female centric book that is based on real life desires and business aspirations. Then look no further, all women should read this book, a powerful female business woman that takes men on at their own game and lives the life with her close friends the way she wants to , while enjoying life and taking back control from men around her and building a successful business, a must read i have included the synopsis
Caroline’s is a high-powered executive in a demanding job, she has always put her career first and all off her relationships she has felt like the trophy on someone's arm. This is a story about her awakening her innermost desires and the realisation that it is not only a man’s world and that women have a huge part to play in it. Her journey starts the day she realises that she is going to take men on at their own game and play by her rules, along with her close friend and personal assistant Elizabeth they set off on a journey that will have you living through all of the actions from their busy corporate lives and dealing with huge taker overs and mergers too taking you to a new height of sexual desire and strength of mind and character, that once you have put it down no matter whereabouts in the book you are you will sit and re-evaluate how you perceive your own lives and if there is more of Caroline or Elizabeth inside you.

Start living from the masquerade ball through to holiday adventures in Scotland and Greek islands to boardroom mutiny’s you will follow her journey and start to realise that there is nothing stopping anyone at all from living their lives on their terms. It’s a story of awakening, self-exploration and the desire and fantasy and bravery of a lady to throw out any stereotypical names the society has given anyone and live the way she wants to live without holding back.

Jump on board for a ride that will take you to points off complete ecstasy and personal development from the very first page.

message 12: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_11) | 5 comments Paranormal/Fantasy that I've read this year so far are:

Storm Siren (Storm Siren, #1) by Mary Weber The Silver Stag (The Wild Hunt #1) by Yasmine Galenorn The Wrong Girl (The 1st Freak House Trilogy #1) by C.J. Archer UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn

Non-Paranormal:

Currently Reading: Left Neglected by Lisa Genova

Finished: Wood's Relic (The Early Adventures of Mac and Wood #1) by Steven Becker

message 13: by Errin (new)

Errin Stevens (errintevens) | 96 comments lexismelancholy wrote: "Reading the Immortals after Dark series. On Dark Desires After Dusk right now."

I looooooved this series!

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather Lane (ahl_lane) | 16 comments Right now I’m reading , “Reapers Pack,” all the queens men by Rhea Watson ! Loving the fact she s a reaper with hellhounds something different from my usuals

message 15: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella | 3 comments On my read list for 2020

PNR and Sci-Fi-Romance
Dianne Duvall
The Lasaran (Aldebarian Alliance, #1) by Dianne Duvall - my review

Broken Dawn (Immortal Guardians, #10) by Dianne Duvall

Nalini Singh
Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4; Psy-Changeling, #19) by Nalini Singh

Alyssa Day
Bane's Choice (Vampire Motorcycle Club, #1) by Alyssa Day

Historicals
First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4) by Julia Quinn
Miss Butterworth and the Mad Baron by Julia Quinn

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Barbarian's Prize Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5) by Ruby Dixon - Not the best book in the series but still ok

Also read Dying for Rain Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3) by B.B. Easton - A nice wrap up of the series

Now reading Gypsy Truths Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6) by Kristy Cunning

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Gypsy Truths Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6) by Kristy Cunning - Long but worth it,

Now reading Mirror Image Mirror Image (Schooled in Magic #18) by Christopher G. Nuttall

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Mirror Image Mirror Image (Schooled in Magic #18) by Christopher G. Nuttall - I enjoyed it, like the way that the characters grow through the series

Now reading Natural Consequences Natural Consequences (Good Intentions, #2) by Elliott Kay

message 19: by judith (new)

judith Pelaez (jpthemexicanqueen) | 1 comments I’m currently midway through the series: PSY-changeling. I’m the eighth book and I’m excited for Book 10! I recently read the Academy for misfit which is book series by Tara West and I loved it too! Little bit steamy and weird but it was a good series.

message 20: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Natural Consequences Natural Consequences (Good Intentions, #2) by Elliott Kay - Exciting story some hot scenes but some sex scenes were a little lengthy and distracted from the main story line

Also read Heartache Heartache (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress #5) by Annie Bellet - Lots of action, draw back was ending on a big cliff hanger

Now reading Underdark Underdark (Rules-Free VRMMO Life, #9) by Stuart Grosse

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Underdark Underdark (Rules-Free VRMMO Life, #9) by Stuart Grosse

Also read A TEASE A TEASE by Stefan A - A nice little quickie

Now reading Dungeon at War Dungeon at War (Dark Dungeon, #3) by D.R. Rosier

message 22: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Dungeon at War Dungeon at War (Dark Dungeon, #3) by D.R. Rosier - It wrapped up the series

Also read Quantum Quantum (Captain Chase #1) by Patricia Cornwell - Ok, not interesting enough for me to continue the series

The Search for Splurt The Search for Splurt (Space Team, #3) by Barry J. Hutchison - Entertaining with some humorous moments

How to Break an Undead Heart How to Break an Undead Heart (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy #3) by Hailey Edwards - Enjoyable, looking forward to where the series goes

Now reading Trying Times Trying Times (The Valens Legacy #14) by Jan Stryvant

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Trying Times Trying Times (The Valens Legacy #14) by Jan Stryvant - One of the better books in the series

Now reading Double or Nothing Double or Nothing (Daniel Faust, #7) by Craig Schaefer

message 24: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Double or Nothing Double or Nothing (Daniel Faust, #7) by Craig Schaefer - This series has its ups and downs, this is one of the better books in the series

Now reading Death March Death March (Black Magic Outlaw #6) by Domino Finn

Julie Book addict (bookaddict75) | 10 comments reading
Kingdoms Of Hell (Transfusion Saga, #7) by Stephanie Hudson

message 26: by Sapna (new)

Sapna | 2 comments Loved the Lux series and am still super invested in it. Anyone have any similar series to that? On the lookout for the next good series.

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 137 comments Currently working through this series and having a great time... it's what you get when a former con artist turned struggling student meets and 'markets' a bunch of vampire DJs, falls for one of them and then acquires a vampire dog!

Wicked Game (WVMP Radio, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready Crossroads (WVMP Radio, #1.1) by Jeri Smith-Ready Rave On (WVMP Radio, #1.2) by Jeri Smith-Ready When The Music's Over (WVMP Radio, #1.3) by Jeri Smith-Ready Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready Bring on the Night (WVMP Radio, #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready Let It Bleed (WVMP Radio, #3.5) by Jeri Smith-Ready Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4) by Jeri Smith-Ready

Also, have some romances (including a few shorties) on the side, or at least these are in my immediate radar
Agnes Moor's Wild Knight by Alyssa Cole Carry the World by Susan Fanetti Wild Sweet Love by Beverly Jenkins Alone by E.J. Noyes Three Fridays by Kris Jayne Beyond Time by J.A. Armstrong That Time She Broke Her Viking's Curse by Erin St. Charles

Oh and after a years long hiatus, a return to MJD with a spectacular KU find which I'm hoping will hit my funny bone... I mean how is that for a title?
A Contemporary Asshat at the Court of Henry VIII by MaryJanice Davidson A Contemporary Asshat at the Court of Henry VIII

message 28: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Read The Neon Boneyard The Neon Boneyard (Daniel Faust, #8) by Craig Schaefer - This is one of the more exciting books of the series

Now reading Romantic Release Romantic Release by Celestria Love - This is a series of shorter stories and I am reading one then going to a more exciting / entertaining read before tackling the next story

and Dark Arts and a Daiquiri Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #2) by Annette Marie

message 29: by Elle (new)

Elle Arcie | 3 comments Finally getting around to my copy of Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1) by Laura Sebastian

message 30: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Read Dark Arts and a Daiquiri Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #2) by Annette Marie - It was fun and enjoyable

Read another story in Romantic Release Romantic Release by Celestria Love

Also reading Song of the Space Siren Song of the Space Siren (Space Team, #4) by Barry J. Hutchison

message 31: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Song of the Space Siren Song of the Space Siren (Space Team, #4) by Barry J. Hutchison - I prefer the Dead Man series by this author, some times the humor in this series seems a little forced and not as natural in the other series

Knocked out another story in Romantic Release Romantic Release by Celestria Love - It was a little predictable and the sex scenes seem more clinical than erotic

Started Personal Demons Personal Demons (Good Intentions, #3) by Elliott Kay

message 32: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Read How to Dance an Undead Waltz How to Dance an Undead Waltz (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #4) by Hailey Edwards - Very enjoyable, looking forward to next book in series

DNF Romantic Release Romantic Release by Celestria Love - I just found the stories boring

Now reading Firestarter Firestarter (The Valens Legacy #15) by Jan Stryvant

message 33: by BJ (new)

BJ (barbararhodes) | 21 comments I'm reading The Lady and the Orc and while it is definitely erotica, there is a great story, good characters and I love the writing style. I've bought the series.
I just re-read Behind the Beginning and have bought the rest of the series. Love T.S.Joyce, books - think I have bought all of them, probably her best customer!

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Firestarter Firestarter (The Valens Legacy #15) by Jan Stryvant - Good read, exciting

Now reading Good Enough to Eat Good Enough to Eat (The Vampire Diet, #1) by Alison Grey

message 35: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Good Enough to Eat Good Enough to Eat (The Vampire Diet, #1) by Alison Grey - I found this very enjoyable, interesting characters and story line

Now reading The Lost Temple of Ssis'sythyss The Lost Temple of Ssis'sythyss (The Dungeoneers #3) by Jeffery Russell

message 36: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished The Lost Temple of Ssis'sythyss The Lost Temple of Ssis'sythyss (The Dungeoneers #3) by Jeffery Russell - Very enjoyable read, adventure with a touch of humor

Now reading Syn-En: Registration Syn-En Registration(Sys-En, #3) by Linda Andrews

message 37: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Syn-En: Registration Syn-En Registration(Sys-En, #3) by Linda Andrews - Very well paced and exciting

Started The Guns of Nana Joan The Guns of Nana Joan (Space Team, #5) by Barry J. Hutchison

message 38: by J.F. (new)

J.F. Holland (jfholland) | 55 comments lexismelancholy wrote: "Reading the Immortals after Dark series. On Dark Desires After Dusk right now."

Love that series, have them all in paperback... have you read Gena Showalters Lords of the Underworld Series yet? also fab reads...

message 39: by kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude (last edited Aug 21, 2020 02:14PM) (new)

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 137 comments BJ wrote: "... I just re-read Behind the Beginning and have bought the rest of the series. Love T.S.Joyce, books - think I have bought all of them, probably her best customer!"

I really like T.S.Joyce. I've read all the Damons Mountains books and a few of her other mini-series (I always think of them as mini's as her books are all novella length).

Band Sinister by K.J. Charles This fantastic HR is what I most rcently finished.

Death's Dancer (Grace Bloods, #1) by Jasmine Silvera Dancer's Flame (Grace Bloods, #2) by Jasmine Silvera The Talon & the Blade by Jasmine Silvera On to this trilogy next

message 40: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Read The Guns of Nana Joan The Guns of Nana Joan (Space Team, #5) by Barry J. Hutchison - It was good, one of the better books in the series

Now reading The Locust Job The Locust Job (Daniel Faust, #9) by Craig Schaefer

message 41: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Read The Locust Job The Locust Job (Daniel Faust, #9) by Craig Schaefer - Good read, very enjoyable

Now reading Two Witches and a Whiskey Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex Spellbound #3) by Annette Marie

message 42: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine Garnham | 7 comments I’m re reading the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews.
One of the very best series out there in my humble opinion.
Also love:
The Hollows by Kim Harrison
Immortals after Dark my Kresley Cole
Bo Blackman series, Highland Magic series both by Helen Harper
Immortal Curse by Lexi C Foss
The Redemption series by Kristen Banet
Chaos series by Claire Farrell
The Lily Harper series by H P Mallory
Forged Bloodlines series by Lisa Olsen
Legion Of Angels by Ella Summers
Purgatory series by Shyla Colt
The Fae Chronicles by Amelia Hutchins
The list could go on and on and they would be my favourite, I have 65 book series which are my favourite so far and regularly re read them.

message 43: by BJ (new)

BJ (barbararhodes) | 21 comments I saw a recommendation on fb today, and am loving a new series.
Bought 3 books today, and already finished the first 2. Basic Instinct.
Best of all this author has quite a number of books published, and I can't believe I haven't found her before.

message 44: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Finished Two Witches and a Whiskey Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex Spellbound #3) by Annette Marie - Good book, I like the characters and their interactions

Now reading How to Live an Undead Lie How to Live an Undead Lie (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5) by Hailey Edwards

message 45: by Jim (new)

Jim | 152 comments Read How to Live an Undead Lie How to Live an Undead Lie (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #5) by Hailey Edwards - Very enjoyable, like the developing relationship with MCs

Read Amyaththalas Amyaththalas (Rules-Free VRMMO Life, #11) by Stuart Grosse - Ok, the series is entertaining and different

Now reading Dungeon Deposed 2 Dungeon Deposed 2 (Dungeon Deposed, #2) by William D. Arand

message 46: by Knight (new)

Knight Of | 6 comments I'm currently reading Rebel Rebel (Women Who Dare, #1) by Beverly Jenkins

I'm also about to read Black Star Renegades Black Star Renegades (Black Star Renegades #1) by Michael Moreci

message 47: by BJ (last edited Sep 10, 2020 05:16AM) (new)

BJ (barbararhodes) | 21 comments I've found a new author - Pixie Unger. i've found 3 books so far, 1 is an angsty alien scifi and today I finished read 2 books in a shifter series.
I love, love, love the writing style in the shifter series, great plot, lots of steam - it's hot.
Thrown to the Wolves
Beware, it's reverse harem, and guys get busy with the heroine and each other.

message 48: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Gardner (lagardner) | 2 comments Just finished Cursed Mate (Shadow Guild The Rebel #5) by Linsey Hall and Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1) by C.N. Crawford I'm looking forward to more of these by these authors!

message 49: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodsndogs) | 4 comments Jennifer wrote: "I just finished reading Stephan king's Institute and I am in the middle of reading Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale"

I really enjoyed this book!

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 137 comments Becoming Vampire Diary of an Alligator Queen by Winter Reid Currently reading and enjoying this standalone vampire story which is bordering on horror. It's kind of mysterious and not very dialogue-heavy, it's mainly told in narration which is not something I've seen very much in UF.

« previous 1