YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Predatory S. (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 03, 2020 03:37AM) (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83374 comments Mod
Team Predatory S.:
HeatherH
Andrea
Kelly
Brittani
Saige
Laura
Toni
Aneta
Saar The Book Owl
Dragonfly
Jill
Bunnita (Worth Reading It?)
Alli Cooper

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please let us know that you are ready to go by commenting here before February 1st 2020 ☺

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Hi everyone! :D It's been a while since I participated in a monthly challenge but I'm excited for this one. Do you know what you want to read next month?

message 3: by Saige (new)

Saige (lannister807) Checking in!

message 4: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Jan 27, 2020 12:43AM) (new)

Saar The Book owl | 2609 comments Mod
Hi, everyone, checking in!

I already planned on reading books from J.K. Rowling, Naomi Novik and Erin Hunter. These are the authors that I'm a bit behind on, but I'm up for other suggestions.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Ooh, I want to try Naomi Novik's Temeraire series. It's been on my shelves for a while and I always wanted to read it after loving Spinning Silver and Uprooted. But I have so many authors I want to read next month I'm not sure if I'll squeeze it in.

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83374 comments Mod
Adding Alli Cooper to your team ☺

message 7: by Alli Cooper (last edited Jan 27, 2020 10:45AM) (new)

Alli Cooper | 188 comments Hi guys! I'm excited to join you all!

I haven't read any of Naomi Novik but I can add Uprooted to my list, it definitely sounds interesting! I may be able to get His Majesty's Dragon from the library in time as well.

I also plan on reading: Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1) by Laura Sebastian , The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave , Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1) by Mara Rutherford , The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1) by Charlotte Nicole Davis , Slay by Brittney Morris , and Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman

I'll also probably end up bingeing some Maya Banks Highland romances lol

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments I'll probably read some romances too. They're usually quick reads. :)

message 9: by Alli Cooper (new)

Alli Cooper | 188 comments They're good for my two hour long commute 4 days a week, I can usually knock out 1 or 2 a week and they usually manage to make me smile

message 10: by HeatherH (last edited Jan 27, 2020 09:12PM) (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Checking in!

I plan to start the following series:
The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter

And continuing the following series from these:
Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4) by Chris Colfer The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3) by Megan Whalen Turner Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3) by Diana Rowland

Also these stand-alones:
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Help by Kathryn Stockett Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer

A few have BR's set but not many so if anyone is interested in any of them let me know!

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments HeatherH wrote: "Checking in!"

I'm interested to start the Lux series and re-read the Seven realms series and The Queen's Thief series (all 5 of them). Do you already have BRs for those? :)

message 12: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Kelly wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "Checking in!"

I'm interested to start the Lux series and re-read the Seven realms series and The Queen's Thief series (all 5 of them). Do you already have BRs for those? :)"

Book one for the Lux series and the Seven Realms series are set for the 1st, nothing for sure set BR wise for the rest of the series. And nothing for Queen's Thief series. I just did the first two in December but if you get through them we could BR the rest!

message 13: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Great. I plan on reading the first two at the beginning of the month so it should be do-able!

message 14: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Kelly wrote: "Great. I plan on reading the first two at the beginning of the month so it should be do-able!"

Awesome! Keep me posted on your progress with them!

message 15: by Aneta (new)

Aneta | 720 comments Hi everyone! I'm checking in :)

My plan for February is read some of these books:
Elantris (Elantris, #1) by Brandon Sanderson - BR
The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2) by Chris Colfer The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston Sword of Destiny (The Witcher, #0.75) by Andrzej Sapkowski Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

But this plan might change :D

message 16: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments @Aneta - While I am ahead in the series so cannot BR the Enchantress Returns, I have four other Chris Colfer books to get through in February so if you get it read, we'd have our five!

message 17: by Aneta (new)

Aneta | 720 comments HeatherH wrote: "@Aneta - While I am ahead in the series so cannot BR the Enchantress Returns, I have four other Chris Colfer books to get through in February so if you get it read, we'd have our five!"

I have to finish it first week in February because I have to return it to library. So I can pick up next book in the series if it would be avaible :)

message 18: by Brittani (new)

Brittani Allen | 401 comments checking in!

my plan may change but here are some books I'm planning to read
Regretting You by Colleen Hoover Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover This Girl (Slammed, #3) by Colleen Hoover
Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children, #1) by Seanan McGuire Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3) by Seanan McGuire In an Absent Dream (Wayward Children, #4) by Seanan McGuire Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5) by Seanan McGuire
probably wont get to all of those but we will see

message 19: by Laura (last edited Jan 28, 2020 05:25PM) (new)

Laura | 1194 comments Hi everyone! Just checking in!

I hope to read Dark Age (Red Rising Saga, #5) by Pierce Brown , Queenslayer (Spellslinger #5) by Sebastien de Castell , Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer , In the Labyrinth of Drakes (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #4) by Marie Brennan , Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline and maybe The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch and Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse, #1) by James S.A. Corey

Lots of sci-fi planned!

message 20: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Aneta wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "@Aneta - While I am ahead in the series so cannot BR the Enchantress Returns, I have four other Chris Colfer books to get through in February so if you get it read, we'd have our f..."

Awesome, if it is we can set up the thread then! My daughter has the whole series so I'm good to go anytime :)

message 21: by Toni (new)

Toni (tonima14) | 49 comments Hey you guys I’m excited

message 22: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Jan 29, 2020 02:31AM) (new)

Kelly wrote: "Ooh, I want to try Naomi Novik's Temeraire series. It's been on my shelves for a while and I always wanted to read it after loving Spinning Silver and Uprooted. But I have so many authors I want to..."

I'll start from book 5, because I've read the previous ones, but I'm in for 'Uprooted'. I also have 'The memoires of lady Trent', but also need to read the first one.

message 23: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments I hope you'll like Uprooted. I loved Spinning Silver more but it was still really good! There'll be no time for Naomi Novik for me this month unfortunately. I think I figured my priorities :)

message 24: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Ok, February is upon us! Tomorrow I'll start The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner and Foundryside (Founders, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett (as an audiobook).

message 25: by Aneta (new)

Aneta | 720 comments I'm starting The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2) by Chris Colfer today and I will probably start Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3) by Eden Finley as an audiobook as well.

message 26: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments Hey!! Sorry i totally forgot to check in

message 27: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments I'm planning on reading these books for sure:
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck (5 book series), Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston , Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1) by C.M. Stunich , The Secret Girl (Adamson All-Boys Academy #1) by C.M. Stunich , Groupie (Rock-Hard Beautiful, #1) by C.M. Stunich , The Nine (Foxfire Burning, #1) by C.M. Stunich , Elements of Mischief (Hijinks Harem, #1) by Tate James , The Memory Thief by Lauren Mansy and a couple others I can't remember!

message 28: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Andrea - I'd like to try to do Tiger's Curse with you! It's a series I started YEARS ago and want to revisit so that I can actually finish it hah

message 29: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments Awesome!! When do you want to do book 1?

message 30: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments I'm good for the 9th or after? I'll be grabbing the first two with audible credits so have to wait for them to hit lol

message 31: by Alli Cooper (new)

Alli Cooper | 188 comments Saar The Book owl wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Ooh, I want to try Naomi Novik's Temeraire series. It's been on my shelves for a while and I always wanted to read it after loving Spinning Silver and Uprooted. But I have so many aut..."

Would you like to BR Uprooted?

message 32: by Aneta (new)

Aneta | 720 comments Andrea wrote: "I'm planning on reading these books for sure:
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck (5 book series), Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1) by C.M. Stunich, [bookcov..."

I'm planning to read Red, White and Royal Blue as well. Would you like to buddy read it?

message 33: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments I finished The thief, I'll be starting the sequel tomorrow!

Also Andrea I might read The Secret Girl series if you want to BR it? :)

message 34: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments HeatherH wrote: "I'm good for the 9th or after? I'll be grabbing the first two with audible credits so have to wait for them to hit lol"

Okay sounds good to me!

message 35: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments Kelly wrote: "I finished The thief, I'll be starting the sequel tomorrow!

Also Andrea I might read The Secret Girl series if you want to BR it? :)"

I'm only for sure doing book 1 as of right now, but I'd love to!

message 36: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments Aneta wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I'm planning on reading these books for sure:
Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck (5 book series), Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, [bookcover:Havoc at Prescott High|4855..."

Yesssss!! Checking with my other group when they're reading it.

Alli Cooper wrote: "Saar The Book owl wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Ooh, I want to try Naomi Novik's Temeraire series. It's been on my shelves for a while and I always wanted to read it after loving Spinning Silver and Uproot..."

Yes, somewhere next week?

message 38: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Awesome, when did you want to read the first book? :) I'll probably binge-read the series if I like it!

message 39: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments Kelly wrote: "I finished The thief, I'll be starting the sequel tomorrow!

Also Andrea I might read The Secret Girl series if you want to BR it? :)"

Want to plan to BR the Queen's Thief series from book 3 soon then? Not sure if you plan to get through book two as quick as you did one, but I can set book three for like the 5th or so if you want!

message 40: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2159 comments I'll be finishing Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout today and likely have The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima done tomorrow.

message 41: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments Kelly wrote: "Awesome, when did you want to read the first book? :) I'll probably binge-read the series if I like it!"

Would around the 6/7th work? I need to finish my current read but then I'll be set!

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 137 comments Checking in

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 137 comments Planning to read
Cursed by the Gods (The Sphinx, #1) by Raye Wagner Demigods and Monsters (The Sphinx, #2) by Raye Wagner Myths of Immortality (The Sphinx, #3) by Raye Wagner Fates and Furies (The Sphinx, #4) by Raye Wagner

message 44: by Jill (new)

Jill | 2898 comments Checking in!!

message 45: by Kelly (last edited Feb 03, 2020 02:22AM) (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments HeatherH, the 5th sounds great! I'll probably have finished the second book by then.

Andrea, the 6th/7th works for me. Do you want to make the thread or should I ? :)

message 46: by HeatherH (new)

message 47: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments HeatherH wrote: "Kelly - here's the link!
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

message 48: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments Kelly wrote: "HeatherH, the 5th sounds great! I'll probably have finished the second book by then.

Andrea, the 6th/7th works for me. Do you want to make the thread or should I ? :)"

Could you?

message 50: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14324 comments Thanks!!

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.