Start by marking “Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)

Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  7,529 Ratings  ·  1,651 Reviews
In this New York Times bestselling sequel to Kerri Maniscalco's haunting #1 debut Stalking Jack the Ripper, bizarre murders are discovered in the castle of Prince Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Dracula. Could it be a copycat killer...or has the depraved prince been brought back to life?

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity
Published September 19th 2017 by Little, Brown & Company

To ask other readers questions about Hunting Prince Dracula, please sign up.
Kerri That would be a fun topic to explore! However, this installment will have shades of a different classic woven into the mystery. I can't offer much…moreThat would be a fun topic to explore! However, this installment will have shades of a different classic woven into the mystery. I can't offer much until the official summary and title are revealed, but it begins in Romania a week after STALKING JACK THE RIPPER ends...(less)
Kerri I think in early 2017. Probably around the same time as the cover and title reveal. It shouldn't be too long now!

Em
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018

shoutout to me for making it through this book

(if you’re looking for a better substitute for humor, mystery and general fulfillment: buzzfeed unsolved)
Katerina
Delightfully morbid.

I loved Stalking Jack the Ripper. It was a book I will always hold dear, mainly because I was enchanted by the gloomy Victorian London ambience and disturbingly fascinated by the gruesome murders and their riddles. Yet Hunting Prince Dracula, with its mystifying touch, with lores whispered by supersticious villagers and seemingly crazy professors, medieval orders and forests covered in white snow yet somehow tainted by crimson blood and chilling howls, is the reason I bowed
Emma Giordano
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
As I was not a huge fan of Stalking Jack The Ripper, I was unsure if I would continue with the series until hearing rave reviews of book two, especially from people who also did not enjoy the first installment. I did enjoy Hunting Prince Dracula more than book one, but it still just wasn’t for me.

CW: murder/gore, sexism, ptsd

My absolute favorite part of this series is the characters and romance. I wasn’t the BIGGEST fan of Audrey Rose in book one, but I actually loved her in book two. I adore he
Kerri
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: ya-2017
9/18/17 PUBLICATION EVE UPDATE!

don't forget to submit screenshots of your preorders to receive the MEETING THOMAS CRESSWELL novella! ends TONIGHT at midnight! (open INTL even though it says US/CA, promise.)

8/16/17 UPDATE!

The map for finished copies of HPD has been revealed! Check out my social media if you'd like to see it. I'm also hosting two giveaways, one on twitter and one on instagram! xoxo
*****
8/8/17 UPDATE!!!!

SECRETS ARE SO HARD TO KEEP, but the wa
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
"Lead the way, Wadsworth. I'm simply along for the brute strength and charm."

Omgah. This was FANTASTIC. I loved the first book, but this one blew it out of the water. Kerri Maniscalco can WRITE. (Thank you to the publishers for sending me a gorgeous arc!)

Every page was brilliant. The prose was gorgeous. I loved loved loved it. (Mind you, I had to skim some of the bloody parts-weak stomach eek!) But seriously you guys, don't miss this.

"Flowers need plenty of water to grow. Love, too, needs at
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I have always wanted to travel to Romania so it was fun to go with Audrey and Thomas =)

Audrey and Thomas are going to study at a medical school inside of Bran Castle. Oh what joy =)

But along the way, while riding on the Orient Express, they find a body outside of Audrey's compartment with a stake through his heart! And thus it begins....

There are some wonderful new friends they meet at the school and some not so nice.

AND

more bodies show up. What is happening to these people? The towns people
Sana
Hello everyone, I would really love it if you all start addressing me as Sherlock Holmes because your girl right here, solved it. I mean I had my theories and ideas and screamed when I was right oh em gee.

I really didn't like the first book because it was just so dull and focusing a lot on the forensics, leaving me uninterested and bored, but this book??? was so much more intriguing and interesting.

!!!!!!Spoilers from the previous book from here on!!!!!

So what is this book about?
After finding
destiny ☠ howling libraries
#1: Stalking Jack the Ripper ★★★★★
#2: Hunting Prince Dracula ★★★★★
#3: Escaping From Houdini ???

Spoiler free review!

Are you guys ready for some serious fangirling?! This series has utterly bewitched me.

Perhaps it was time for fathers to teach their sons how to behave around young women. They were not born superior, no matter how society falsely conditioned them. We were all equals here.

While we got to see Audrey's feminist snark come into play a little in SJTR, she is loud, proud, and feminist
Cait • A Page with a View
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-arcs
Ok let me just preface this by saying that I'm generally not super into murder mysteries but I still had to read this sequel because I adore these characters. And I genuinely did enjoy this book! The writing's so strong that it's hard not to get pulled into the story. Everything was really well done and fans of the first book will absolutely love this!! I'll say more closer to the release date.

Thank you to the publisher for sending me an ARC.
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, reviewed
So, since I've never actually figured out the art of writing reviews for sequels I'm just gonna direct you to my review of Stalking Jack the Ripper for any coherent thoughts on this series you might be interested in while I gush here about how much I loved this book.

1. I am in actual love with Audrey Rose and her genius self and will never not be and if this book series turns one more person she trusts into a murderer I will riot. She needs a break - someone buy her a bath bomb

2. I also love Th
Stacee
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved SJTR, so I was 10000000% on board with this being a series and as soon as I got this book in my greedy hands, I dropped everything.

I love Audrey Rose. She's smart and sassy and doesn't back down. It's so much fun being in her head. And don't get me started on Thomas because I wouldn't know where to start. I live for the banter between them and it's even better when they're flirting at the same time.

Plot wise, it's a big bundle of mystery. There are creepy castles and late night searche
may ❀
Full review posted

I was going to forgive 2017 for all the crap it gave us if this book didn’t disappoint and THANK GOODNESS 2017 GETS ANOTHER CHANCE

description
(s)

Reasons why this book saved 2017

- Anxiety/hallucination rep from one of the most badass woman to ever walk
- So much fem power bois this is a good one
- Thomas Cresswell, my husband
- In book 1, Audrey was so impassive to gross things and I totally get it b
Nastassja
Monsters were in the eye of the beholder. And no one wanted to discover their hero was the true villain of the story.

Wadsworth and Cresswell are back and this time they are hunting Dracula himself! Before starting this review I should probably mention that Stalking Jack the Ripper was one of my favorite books last year. I had an absolutely illogical crush on Thomas Cresswell, which was pretty obvious from my review (note: fangirling rumblings without stop is a better way to describe that revie
Candace Robinson
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I still liked book one more, but this was a fun ride! The question is, is the killer an immortal or someone pretending to be.

My favorite character is Thomas! Love him and his personality! There were some pretty interesting and grotesque stuff that was awesome! Some of the book lagged in the middle, and when Audrey got mad at Thomas, it was ridiculous for the reasons. There was a twist that I was not expecting. I can't wait for book 3! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20.
Lola  Reviewer
Oh yes, this is what I’m talking about. I almost didn’t read this sequel, because I struggled to finish the first book, but I’m Romanian so I was curious to see how Kerri Maniscalco would present my homeland as well as its history.

Overall, she did a good job. Obviously she consulted with Romanian speakers because she didn’t make any mistakes in the writing of the language. Thank goodness as I really hate to have to mention when they do in my reviews and it can very much be a deal breaker in som
Maram
I chanted all throughout this slow paced book that I was here for Thomas Cresswell and it worked because by the time I reached chapter 38, I couldn't put it down. Hunting Prince Dracula is a lot more complicated in its mystery aspect and there was just so much going on in the forensics institute that both leads were in. I couldn't accurately predict the killer but I'm so glad how it turned out in the end. Of course, just like in Stalking Jack the Ripper, there were lots of healthy bickering betw ...more
Riley
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Audrey Rose is not here for anyones misogynistic bullshit
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
5 freaking stars!!!

If Nancy Drew and National Treasure had a book baby it would probably this book (just add gory murders).

If I had some issues with Stalking Jack the Ripper, this book managed to wipe all of it. It was phenomenally awesome!!!

The suspense, mystery, horror, adventure, and romance was superb! In the first book I had a problem with the identity of the culprit because it was too obvious, but with this book? My brain totally failed to guess the culprit. It was that surprising and go
Elise (TheBookishActress)
3 stars, rounded up because… well, it was really entertaining, and also overall of much higher quality than book one. And wow, I suddenly love the two leads?

I’m going to be talking about this a lot in relation to Stalking Jack the Ripper. So here’s that review.

First let’s talk about the mystery, because that was something I didn’t like in book one and… wow, I love him. The cleverness of the solution here has really stepped it up. I didn't guess the solution at all.

Okay, for the most important
Amber Robertson
Thank you to Hachette Children’s Books for kindly sending me a copy to review. All thoughts are my own, however.
TRIGGER WARNINGS: anxiety, grief, murder, gore and PTSD.

THIS REVIEW & OTHERS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON MY BLOG

R A M B LE

I try to make it known that Kerri Maniscalco is one of my favourite authors. I don’t know If I’ve made that clear, but I love her. Is that too far? She just seems like an incredible person and I am absolutely in love her writing. Hunting Prince Dracula met every expect
Fables&Wren
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buddy-reads
WrensReads Review:

This book just screams gloomy-enchantment. Like the ton of Van Helsing or Dracula (that’s probably the point). There’s just so much to talk about but so little that I can say.

Audrey Rose and Cresswell are off to study the dead at a once-castle in Romania. But from the moment they got on the train, there is a trail of murders for them to solve already. No matter where these two go, there is always a mystery to solve.

The worst part about this whole murder-thing is that they all l
Rachel E. Carter
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy-paperback
THAT ENDING WAS SO GOOOOD!!! I adore Creswell & Wadsworth SO. MUCH. And a total teaser for the next book, I can't wait. GOING TO AMERICA!!!

Also, seriously, you guys need to listen to the audiobooks for these -the narrator is FANTASTIC.
Jiana
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am only giving this book 3 stars because of Thomas Cresswell. The book actually deserves a lower rating. I can't believe how disappointed I am.

I will begin with the plot, which I absolutely did not give a shit about. Comparing this plot to that of Stalking Jack the Ripper? This one fell horribly flat. It was so mind-numbingly boring and dull. I literally didn't even try guessing the murderer, I just did not care who it would be. I wasn't invested one bit. I started this book incredibly excite
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
The Short
Actual rating: 4.5*

Perfect for fans of: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (obviously as this is the sequel), And I Darken by Kiersten White (I haven't finished this one but it reminded me a bit of what I have read of it, mostly due to the setting)

Writing: 4.5 stars
Characters: 4.5 stars
Plot: 4.5 stars
Originality: 4.5 stars
(All out of 5 stars)

The Long
This series is soooo good ahhhh. I listened to the audiobook for this one, which is what I did with the first book, and it was
Caitlin
I hate to do this. I honestly despise giving this book a 3 stars. I absolutely adored the first book but this one certainly fell flat for me. It took me 7 days to read it and I spent all 7 of those days pretty much bored and detached from the entire plot and characters. I’m so sad with how disappointing I found this book. I had such high expectations and clearly they were not met. I’m still very excited for the next book and I will definitely try reading this book again because perhaps I just wa ...more
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Such an improvement from the first book. There were way more side characters and intrigue in this sequel. I enjoyed the mystery so much more than the last and thought the resolution was better.
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If i could sum up this book in two words, it'd be sexual frustration

Yeah trust me, you're reading that correctly.

RTC
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
OH MY GOOD GOLLY GOSH. THIS BOOK WAS SO FREAKING GOOD. I THOUGHT THE FIRST BOOK WAS AWESOME, BUT THIS BOOK TOOK IT TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL!!!

Let's start off with the setting of this book. I freaking LOVED the Romania setting of this book. With the enchanting forests, creepy castle, and medieval village, there was a lot to love. The author did such an amazing job describing the setting in such a luxurious and detailed manner. I genuinely felt like I was in this world right alongside the characters.

S
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"You should stop saying you're going to kiss me... and just do it".

"Deberías dejar de decir que vas a besarme... y sólo hacerlo".

Después del intenso caso de Jack the Ripper que tuvieron que vivir Audrey Rose y Cresswell en Londres, los dos deciden trasladar sus aventuras a Rumania. Allí llegarán a estudiar al Instituto Nacional de Criminalística y Medicina Legal que, curiosamente, tiene su sede en el Castillo Bran, el lugar en el que vivió el famosísimo Vlad Tepes. Sin embargo, Audrey Rose y Cre
Samhita Peechara {Multi Dreamer}⚔
“Antique pages were a scent that should be bottled up and sold to those who adored the aroma.”

RATING: 4.5⭐

I loved this one. I absolutely enjoyed it with exception to some slow parts. Every page was delightful, every word was beautiful and I'm pretty sure we can all agree that this cover is one of the best things ever. It is intriguing and captivating at the same time. I am glad for the existence of Kerri Maniscalco.

“Mr. Thomas Cresswell might not truly hold the title of prince, but that w
I'm mostly on instagram and twitter--where I'm always ready to talk fictional crushes and nerd out over books. (Okay, okay. And I've also been known to share snippets and teasers from my upcoming novels, if you're into that sort of thing...) Please feel free to chat with me there @KerriManiscalco. I love talking with fellow readers!

Kerri Maniscalco grew up in a semi-haunted house outside NYC where
More about Kerri Maniscalco

Stalking Jack the Ripper (4 books)
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper #3)
  • Untitled (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
“For there are no limits to the stars, their numbers infinite. Which is precisely why I measure my love for you by the stars. An amount too boundless to count.” 67 likes
“You are not mine to take.” He brushed his lips against mine. Softly, so softly I might have imagined them there. My eyes fluttered shut. He could persuade me to build a steamship to the moon when he kissed me. We could orbit the stars together. “You are yours to give.” 41 likes