24B4Monday Readathon discussion

Readathon Goals Archived > January 2020 Readathon Goals

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jb (last edited Jan 21, 2020 11:09AM) (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 227 comments Mod
Happy New Year! It’s time for our end of month weekend readathon: January 24 through 26. What are your goals?

On a side note: any book related goals or resolutions for the new year?

message 2: by Mallorie (new)

Mallorie | 7 comments My weekend readathon goal is to read and 1 or 2 books and my book related goals for this year are:

1.to read more books this year than last year
2. Write more and Better book reviews
3. Join and participate more in goodreads groups

Hopefully by the end of this year I'll have accomplished at least 1 or 2 of my goals. 😊

message 3: by jb (new)

Awesome goals!

I’ve set my yearly goal at 52 books as I want to read longer more involved books. Plus my plan is to start a reading journal too.

This weekend I want to finish The Institute and Pandora’s Lab.

books.with.belle | 2 comments I'm hoping to be finished reading The Testaments by this weekend, cause I really want to read The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin and start the first book in The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer.

As for year goals, my base goal is 50 books and my overachiever goal is 89 books. I also really want to focus on reading classics and series continuations.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 36 comments Yay, a readathon! I am very much in need of a weekend of calm. Perfect excuse (as if I need any actually) to sit on the sofa and read. For this readathon my goals are modest:

- Finish Cover Her Face by P.D. James
- and start and finish Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie

For the rest of the year my reading goals are
1. Read only books that are already on my TBR list
2. So actively participate in any goodreads groupread that happens to cover one of those
3. same as last two years: read a Poirot book each month, at this rate the last book will be in january 2021.

message 6: by Zihan (new)

Zihan (thebloomingsunflower) | 1 comments Travels plans just got canceled at the last minute so I need definitely need a readathon to rectify the situation lol...
The goal is to finish Dark Matter by Blake Crouch An Absolutely Remarkable Thing (An Absolutely Remarkable Thing, #1) by Hank Green A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi

message 7: by jb (new)

Awesome! So glad to have everyone aboard.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 43 comments I just got access to Hoopla Audiobooks again. I'm going to try and max out my 5 check outs over the weekend. The first book will be Shades of Wicked (Night Rebel, #1) by Jeaniene Frost not sure what else I'll listen too. Perhaps I should get a puzzle to keep my fingers busy.

message 9: by jb (new)

Yay for hoopla! I finally got access again last year. It’s so nice to have.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 36 comments All very good choices! Looks like we all have a good reading weekend ahead :-)

message 11: by Alli (last edited Jan 22, 2020 12:14PM) (new)

Alli The Book Giraffe (allithebookgiraffe) This is the first time I am participating in this readathon but I would really like to start off with a bang!
I am currently reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern so that will be my first priority if I don't finish it before the weekend.
After that, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling & Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin are my next reads. I am completely free this weekend so it should go well!
For the new year, I want to read 100 books with an average of 350 pages. I love big books and I want to make them more of a priority in 2020.

message 12: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 81 comments I have a busy weekend ahead so probably not much reading. Would like to finish Anne of Green Gables though and listen to a part of The Binding.

My bookish goals for 2020:

1. Read 60 books
2. Read 24.000 pages
3. Read more owned books (75%)
4. Read 6 work related books
5. Read 6 books in Portuguese
6. Read 3 magazines a month (except July) so 33 a year
7. Listen to 12 audiobooks (not counting towards the yearly challenge)
8. Participate in 4 readathons (2x 24in48 hours and 2x Dewey's)
9. DNF books that will rate 1 star

message 13: by jb (new)

Welcome! So glad to have you all aboard!

Those are great goals!

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I have my yearly goal set at 100 books, and I have 12 owned books picked out to read, plus several manga series. I want to try and not buy any books that are not in series I am already reading, and to not get any more from the libary then I already have this year, as I need to crack down on my monstrous TBR. I am going to try and finish Citrus manga series and We Hunt The Flame and Shanghai Girls. See how that goes, as I am sick at the moment and have other stuff that needs to be done sooooo...

message 15: by jb (new)

Reading is just what the doctor ordered!

message 16: by Desirae (new)

Desirae Rentschler | 1 comments This will be my first time participating in this readathon! I am currently half way through Anne of Avonlea and so my priority is to finish that first then I will be free to read whatever I want (which is Throne of Glass)! I might also take breaks every once in a while to read manga!

My reading goals for the year are: I always set my reading challenge at 100 books but i secretly try to go over that number, also I want to start reading more classics!

message 17: by jb (new)

Glad to have you aboard!

Everyone has some great yearly goals!

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Little | 1 comments My goal is to finish
The Shadow of What was Lost
and maybe read
Animal Farm
if I have time.

message 19: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 52 comments This weekend I'll be working on An American Tragedy for a group read, plus hopefully finish either August: A Novel or The Way of Shadows .
I set my goodreads goal at 140 books. I also thought up monthly themes for myself as a little personal challenge, where I pick a couple of books from my stash to match the theme (January is New Year, New Series, February is True Romance, Mystery March, etc.....).
Have a great reading weekend!

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3 comments This weekend I would like to finish Elixir trilogy. Devoted by Hilary Duff. True by Hilary Duff. I will be listening to The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.

My Reading goal for 2020 is read 50 books.
Join and participate in at least 6 readathon.
Read 12 non fiction books.

message 21: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (logikitty) | 2 comments I completely forgot about 24B4Monday, but now that I remember...I plan on getting through more of The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History, as well listening and reading Sadie! I might start on Legend as well, but I also know that it is so binge-able and the rest of the series hasn't come through their holds yet!

message 22: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (chespyn) | 1 comments Hey there! New to this Readathon so I’m hoping to succeed. Goals for the Readathon are:
1. Finish “Stalking Jack the Ripper” by Kerri Maniscalco
2. Start “Zodiac” by Romina Russel

2020 reading goals overall haven’t been set up. I do want to read 20-25 books! But there’s nothing specific set up.

message 23: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Clark I finished We Hunt The Flame yesterday, so I started House of Salt and Sorrows (already about half done) and plan to try and finish it plus Citrus vol 5-10 between today and sunday evening

message 24: by Lashaonda (new)

Lashaonda | 2 comments 1. I want to read 40 books this year. I'm participating in the A to Z 2020 YA Challenge so that'll be 26 books right there.

message 25: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor (malvitae) | 1 comments I've set this year's reading goal for 56 books (1 more than I managed to read in 2019). Hopefully, I can get spring term's reading done during (or even before) spring break so I'm getting started on that this weekend. Several boring, critical essays but some fun short stories (and a novel just for the fun of it). So no real goal this weekend, but infinite reading

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Oh no, I missed this one, it slipepd by me, I will catch this in time one of these days! I wasn't in a big reading mood this weekend either unfortunately.

message 27: by jb (new)

That’s okay! You can meet up with it next month.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I missed it ☹

message 29: by jb (new)

Jamie wrote: "I missed it ☹"

Aw I’m sorry! Next month you’ll get it.