What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Peek-a-Boo
This topic is about Peek-a-Boo
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Picture Book - war from the perspective of a baby. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 18 comments I'm a librarian on the hunt for a book for a patron. These are the details I have been given:

She is looking for a children's picture book that her children checked out and read during the mid-2000s (she thinks 2004, 2005), so the book is at least that old.

It is about world war I or II, but the pictures are from the perspective of a baby. The baby would dream about an event on one page, and on the next page, the event would happen. One event was the baby's father, a soldier, returning home from the war.

Nothing specific enough for Google or my catalog to latch onto, so I'm hoping the hive mind can help!

message 2: by Mai (last edited Jan 17, 2020 11:08AM) (new)

Mai | 1254 comments Searching "picture book" "perspective of a baby" "war" this book came up:
Peek-a-Boo by Janet Ahlberg. It was originally published in 1981 and republished in 1997. The dad is a soldier like your patron said.

You can see the whole book in this read aloud video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEFSk...

message 3: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 18 comments That's it! She was so excited, she shrieked with joy!

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1254 comments Not the best reaction at a library! :-P But I'm really glad this was the picture book that she was looking for!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Peek-a-Boo (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Janet Ahlberg (other topics)