Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Archives (maybe Revisit) > Series Read: Roberts, Nora - Bride Quartet series - Informal Buddy Read; Start November 28, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 138 (138 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Nov 07, 2014 03:32AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30836 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion of Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts

Books:

Rules & How to:
1. Identify the book you are commenting
2. Comments ALWAYS under spoiler tags

Example:
Book 1:
(view spoiler)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments I love this series, I would say it's one of my favourites series. Book number 2 and 4 are my favourite books in the series.

message 5: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 1160 comments @Stephanie.. I love this series too. Looking forward to discussing it with you :) Yes the 4th is a favourite of mine as well :) :)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments When i first started it the series it was Laurel's book I was really excited to read and I did love it but Parker and Emma's books were the ones I fell in love with.

message 7: by Srividya (last edited Nov 07, 2014 03:04AM) (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 1160 comments Ah okay. I read this in order of the series and somehow fell in love with Carter first. yeah you are right Parker and Emma's love stories were really sweet. Its been a long time, nearly a year and a half or even more that I read this series. Am really excited to get back to it. In fact, am itching to start immediately! LOL

message 8: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Do you want me to make it series read?

message 9: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 1160 comments I wouldn't mind reading the entire series once again. So sure if that is possible and if Stephanie agrees, it would be great if this could be converted to a series read. :)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments I started the series in order but getting to know all 4 woman and looking at the Synopsis of each book, it was Laurel's book that i was most excited to read. The last time I read the series was a little over a year ago so i'm excited to start reading too.

message 11: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Styxx Anaxkolasiღ♥ღ wrote: "I started the series in order but getting to know all 4 woman and looking at the Synopsis of each book, it was Laurel's book that i was most excited to read. The last time I read the series was a l..."

Is that yes to switch it to series read? :P

message 12: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 1160 comments LOL.. Sorry Mods. I think it is. Please switch it to series read. I am sure the two of us would definitely read the entire series again :) :)

Thank you so much mods for all the awesome work you are doing with this challenge. It hasn't started yet and I am totally beaming right now, enjoying myself :)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Yes would love for it to be a series read

message 14: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Done. It's in featured series thread now. ☺

message 16: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 1160 comments Thanks :)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) I'm in for this but I probably won't be able to start it at the end of November. Never say never, though! I have a lot of books to read this month so we shall see. I've never read this series but have been meaning to.

message 18: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (boydsmom) | 1130 comments I've read the first 2, but will join in when it looks like everyone is getting to the 3rd and 4th. I have enjoyed the interaction with all of them so far.

message 19: by Lesley (new)

Lesley (laparks) | 729 comments I'm in for this one, starting with book 1. I've got Vision in White on hold at my library and it should be in by the end of this week.

It's been quite awhile since I've read a Nora Roberts book, so I'm looking forward to it!

message 20: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments I JUST bought the first book in the series so I think I'll be joining you :)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments I really can't wait to reread this series and to see what you guys think of it.

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments I'm gonna start this today, i'm so excited.

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Vision in White

Prologue - Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

message 24: by ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ (last edited Nov 27, 2014 02:47PM) (new)

Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

message 25: by ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ (last edited Nov 27, 2014 02:47PM) (new)

Just started chapter 3 (view spoiler)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments chapters 3 - 6 (view spoiler)

message 27: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Book 1- Vision in White

Prologue:
(view spoiler)

message 28: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 1160 comments Oops.. you all have already started! Will start immediately :)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Chapter 7 - 8 (view spoiler)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Srividya wrote: "Oops.. you all have already started! Will start immediately :)"

I think I started earlier then everyone else because I live in Australia and were 19hrs ahead of America.

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Book 1- Vision in White

Prologue:
[spoilers removed]"

I felt the same way when I first read the book.

message 32: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) | 1160 comments Ah okay. Will start after I finish some of my morning work.

message 33: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Vision in White

Chapter 1-
(view spoiler)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Chapters 9 - 10 (view spoiler)

message 35: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Book 1-

Chapter 2-3:
(view spoiler)

message 36: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Styxx Anaxkolasiღ♥ღ wrote: "Vision in White

Just started chapter 3 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Styxx Anaxkolasiღ♥ღ wrote: "Vision in White

Just started chapter 3 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 38: by ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ (last edited Nov 28, 2014 01:52PM) (new)

Chapters 10 - 12 (view spoiler)

message 39: by ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ (last edited Nov 28, 2014 01:52PM) (new)

Chapter 13 - 14 (view spoiler)

Chapters 15 - 16 (view spoiler)

Finished, I loved it, I love the romance and Mac and Carter make such a great couple.

Can't wait to get to the next book.

message 42: by Beth (new)

Up to chapter 7-
(view spoiler)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Vision in White

Up to chapter 7-

I know right (view spoiler)

message 44: by Beth (new)

Chapter 8-
(view spoiler)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Bed of Roses

Prologue

(view spoiler)

message 46: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1487 comments Chapter 11

(view spoiler)

message 47: by just kat (new)

just kat (clutteredbooks) | 2193 comments Savor the Moment

Chapters 1-3

I'm a sucker for stories showcasing awesome friendships and I'm a fan of the friends-turned-lovers trope so I'm enjoying this book so far. I do wonder how many years older Del is over Laurel.

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Kathleen wrote: "Savor the Moment

Chapters 1-3

I'm a sucker for stories showcasing awesome friendships and I'm a fan of the friends-turned-lovers trope so I'm enjoying this book so far. I do wonde..."

I think it's only a couple of years, maybe 2 or 3.

message 49: by ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ (last edited Nov 29, 2014 01:39PM) (new)

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Hannibal Lecterღ♥ღ | 2613 comments Bed of Roses

This is one of my favourite books in the series, the other being book 4

Chapter 1 - 3 (view spoiler)

message 50: by Beth (new)

Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3