Start by marking “Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)

Savor the Moment

(Bride Quartet #3)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  47,725 ratings  ·  1,969 reviews
Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. But she's too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that their clients seem to long for. What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker's older brother Delaney, on whom she's had a mega-crush since childh ...more
Audiobook, 325 pages
Published April 27th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Savor the Moment, please sign up.
Heather McC It depends on what you are into. It's the third book in a series, and I recommend reading the first two first. If you are still interested, the book…moreIt depends on what you are into. It's the third book in a series, and I recommend reading the first two first. If you are still interested, the book follows the typical rom-com pattern of the first two books. One of the female protagonists starts a relationship, there's an inevitable breakup/roadblock, and ultimately there's a reunion ending with a proposal. It's formulaic to a degree but relatively harmless. Quick side note: there are sex scenes in this book that get more graphic than the previous two.(less)

·  47,725 ratings  ·  1,969 reviews

Jilly
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Let's face it, Addie's intervention didn't work and there is no stopping me now from finishing this crappy series. I need to hit rock-bottom before I will admit that I truly have a problem. Besides, it can still get better, right? There's still one more book after this one. You never know. There's hope. I can have hope and not be a raging bad-series-finishing-aholic!

Ooo, this place looks fun! Let's go!

Plus, this book wasn't quite as bad as the first two. The female was good. I liked her. Plus, s
Alp
Fell far below my expectations.

I really had high hopes for this book given that the previous two installments of this series amazingly hit the mark for me. But sadly, as far as I can tell, there was not much of a romantic spark between Delaney and Laurel here. And frankly, if there had been any chemistry between them, it would have felt totally forced.

Nope. I wasn’t pleased.

The romance aspect fell flat in my opinion and the dialogue between Delaney and Laurel was slightly lackluster. However, I
Dina
3 1/2 stars

Once again, NR proves how good she is when it comes to write friendship. Unfortunately, that got in the way of the romance and I didn't connect with Del and Laurel's love story. Del was a nice guy, but too smooth and perfect to raise my temperature. Laurel was a bit harsher than him, but her bouts of temper felt forced to me because they were irrational and came out of nowhere. Okay, that is known to happen in Romancelandia, but that behavior is usually associated with a character who
Carrie
May 20, 2010 rated it it was ok
2.5* This book is difficult to rate because I both liked it and didn't. It was an okay story overall, and I liked the characters, although I did get tired of Laurel at times. Mostly, though, I got stuck on the "snappy dialog" that made everyone sound like characters out of a TV sit com or Rom Com movie. Not only did everyone in the book respond with one or two word phrases, but everyone sounded identical. Even the older Mrs. Grady spoke mainly in predicates. Some of the dialog was funny and clev ...more
Celeste
This is probably my least favorite installment into this series and my least favorite couple, and I still really enjoy both the book and the couple. Doesn’t that speak volumes of my love for the series?

Laurel is an amazing pastry chef. The wedding cakes she designs for her clients are beautiful enough to make angels weep, and are always lovingly personalized to each couple. Parker has been her best friend for as long as she can remember, and she’s been in love with Parker’s older brother for alm
Mojca
And yet another Nora Roberts winner in this amazing series. And this time, though it still revolved around the friendship between Mac, Emma, Laurel and Parker, the story was mostly about the romance between life-long friends. Yes, you’d think it was pretty much the same as in Bed of Roses, between Emma and Jack, but the thing is, Laurel and Del, Parker’s older brother have known (and been friends) each other for her entire life. So the switch held much more danger and possible obstacles. For the ...more
Karla
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Re read 12/25/16
Lexy
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was neat I can't wait to listen to the last book
kari
Nov 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, 5-star
I love the way Nora Roberts crafts her characters. You're sure to fall in love with them while they fall in love with each other.
This third installment of The Bride Quartet doesn't disappoint in any way. Del and Laurel verbally spar with each other and the dialogue snaps as you'll laugh at their witty comebacks at one another.
While Mac and Carter continue to be my favorite couple of this series, this comes a very close second.
Laurel is one tough cookie, to use a baking analogy, and she has love
Love Fool
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
#1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts cordially invites you to meet childhood friends Parker, Emma, Laurel, and Mac — the founders of Vows, one of Connecticut’s premier wedding planning companies.

This book revolves around the talented baker Laurel. This series is fun, a good book to read without putting too much thought into it. It's cute and cheesy, which everyone needs once in a while. It reminds me of every little girl's fairy tale with the great company that the women own and ric
Miss Kim
Nov 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, 2010
3 1/2 stars

*sigh*. I really wanted to love this one, but I didn't. I did like Del and Lauren, but I didn't like the 'conflict'. It was weak, since she'd known him her whole life. It felt like the author had to come up with something to make them 'have it out' before they got an HEA. I am so looking forward to Parker and Mal's book. We get to visit them a bit and this one, and I kept wishing for this to be their book. Ah well, we can't love em all.
Clare
Aug 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Laurel's cakes may have been beautiful, but they just didn't sound delicious. Some writers have that ability to make you drool over the printed word. Oh, I'm sure the wedding cakes were delicious, but Nora Roberts' talent is not in describing food. Too bad. I would have loved a romance novel that also described cake.

Cake!

Just the word makes me happy. Birthday cake! Wedding cake! Happy day cake! Cakes are celebratory but Laurel seemed like a cranky bitch. (Maybe it was from her celibacy vow?)

Unf
Samantha
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was not a good read for several reasons:

1. Laurel was very childish and cranky. She was snapping at Del throughout the whole book and it turned me off from her.

2. There was too much time where Laurel was telling her emotions to the girls and not to Del.

3. Now that I really think about this series, these women remind me of a sorority. I just can't understand how they are together every day all day. It was too much for me. I must be very moody right now but I couldn't deal with them.

4. Do the
Mafi
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pt, 2016
Mais um bom livro da série embora, lendo tudo seguido, note-se um certo padrão no enredo e até no comportamento das personagens mas pronto Nora tem aquela fórmula e é por isso que vende!!

Bora lá para o 4º e último livro da série!

---
(...)

O Sabor do Momento - foi melhor que o segundo, embora tenha sido aqui que tenha começado a fica um pouco cansada da série, especialmente na parte das descrições dos casamentos que eram sempre iguais! Se não tivesse lido os livros seguidos não terei notado estes
Romanticamente Fantasy
4.5 - Voto
Terzo appuntamento della saga Il quartetto della sposa, che io ho letto come secondo e devo dire che non mi ha creato un problema particolare. Mi interessava particolarmente la personalità di Laurel: artista della pasticceria e in particolare della pasta di zucchero, che crea torte fantastiche a seconda del gusto e del desiderio degli sposi.

Regina della cucina nella quale lavora, e sostanzialmente padrona di tutto ciò che fa, non ha aiutanti particolari, al di là dei camerieri che ser
Cathy
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unless the next one really pulls out all the stops, this will probably remain my favourite of the series.

I didn't know what to expect from Laurel, because in the previous books she'd always seemed like the kind of character I neither like nor dislike. She came across as vaguely annoyed and somewhat ill-tempered all the time, but not necessarily in a bad way, if that makes sense. She was also known by the others as the hard-ass of the group, together with Parker, so I didn't know what I'd be in
Nadia
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Big improvement compared to the last one. No fake, forced conflict or breakup. Del and Lauren are just too good together. Can't wait for Parker's book.
K.
May 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
I've been pretty eager for this book to come out, as I've been happily following the series. Surprising for me how much I've enjoyed this new series by Nora Roberts since I'm not usually a big fan of her books (hit and miss with me). I suspect part of the reason I'm particularly attracted to the stories is due to the wedding planner theme -- it's particularly girly, and I'm pretty darn "girly" myself! ;) Also love the life-long friends falling in love with guys who've been their life-long friend ...more
Lynsey A
Unfortunately, this one was just ok for me. I was kind of bored with both Del and Laurel. If Laurel loved Del her whole life I didn't see much of it. I really got tired of all the exercise and scenes with the brides that really didn't have anything to do with the Del and Laurel. I guess I wanted to see them together more and it just didn't happen.

I kind of trudged through this one and was glad it was finally over. It's not to say I didn't enjoy parts of the book but for the most part this book w
Obsidian
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr-2017
This ended up being my highest rated book out of the Bride Quartet series. Probably cause of the mess that Emma and the crew did in book #2 ended up annoying the crap out of me. This one was a really great slow burning romance that thank God had none of the drama of the second book.

Book #3 is about Laurel. Laurel is the baker for the wedding planning business. She ends up getting involved with Del (Parker's brother) and feels out of sorts about how their "relationship" came about and what it eve
Cristina Leitón
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Laurel era mi favorita de las cuatro desde el primer libro, y Del fue y sigue siendo un cuqui. Así que 2+2= novela romántica, divertida y tierna *brindo con champán por la Roberts*
Susana

Sometimes we read a book that is not only good, it also turns out to be perfect for the current mood were in.
That's what happened with this one. A perfect read for a relaxed Saturday afternoon.

I guess by now, there isn't much more I can say about Nora Roberts' writing:
The author definitely knows how to spin a tale. If you've already read some of the author's books, you know what I'm talking about. If not....well, your loss...

So in this story _once again _ we have some smooth, flowing writing, a
Anne OK
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-reads
Superb book. Had anxiously been awaiting Del and Laurel's story and it wasn't a disappointment. Now on to Mal and "Legs."
Rebecca
3.5 STARS

I've been looking forward to reading Laurel's story. She's my favorite Vows lady to date and there appeared to be so much lingering underneath. I adore the relationships/friendships with all the ladies and the guys. Sadly, the romantic aspect between Laurel and Dell was a little flat. I wanted more of a buildup and ending was completely rushed and off kilter with the rest of the story. Perhaps my aspirations were too high? Overall, it was a light, fun read that made my vacation more pl
Carolyn
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: roberts-nora
This was very good. While each of the friends and their loves each have an episode of "misunderstanding" (don't you hate when that is used in the plot), the tight relationship amongst the four childhood friends, the snappy dialogue and their successful business is very fun to read. Onto Parker's book, which I have been anticipating very much.

4.5
Robin
Ally
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Mackenzie, Parker, Laurel and Emmaline have been friends since childhood and have formed a successful wedding planning business together called Vows. Although they help thousands of couples organise their biggest day, all have been unlucky in love. Until now

Laurel’s been in love with Del all her life but he just sees’s her as another one of the girls. Until Del pushes Laurel’s buttons too far and she kisses him.
Let the games begin...
When I first read the blurb for this story I thought it sounded
Beth
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Something about this didn't click with me. I think it's because I don't have a real handle on Laurel: she feels patched together from pieces of the other three women, and so she never becomes a person in her own right. It seems like she's just going through the motions - acting and reacting either the way you'd expect, or the way needed to drive the plot forward - and so I never lost sight of the fact (like I did in book 1!) that I was reading something.

Also, this is the point where the series
B
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
When I was reading the first book one of the first thoughts I remember having was that Del was going to end up with Emma because she had always been in love with him and he finally realised he could go up that road.

Don't worry, that's not a spoiler because that's exactly the opposite of what happens (kinda).

So far Del and Laurel are my favorite couple of the quartet, like I said I didn't see them coming.

Laurel is badass and Del is so respectful of women (especially the four of them - he sees the
Anto Tilio
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La expectativa me jodió la emoción de la lectura. Pensaba que me iba a fangirlear todo el libro y el romance de Laurel y Del fue bastante adulto y sensato. Aunque eso no quiere decir que dejara de ser sexy, divertido y romántico.
Creo que son mi pareja favorita porque los adoro demasiado a los dos y cuando descubrí que iban a terminar juntos en el libro anterior me emocioné demasiado con la idea. Son una linda mezcla estos dos... y basta, Nora Roberts! Dejá de torturarme con estos finales tan li
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10)
  • Irresistible (Buchanans #2)
  • On the Steamy Side (Recipe for Love, #2)
  • Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3)
  • Fantasy in Death (In Death, #30)
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas, #4)
  • Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)

Bride Quartet (4 books)
  • Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1)
  • Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)
  • Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)
“The polite thing would be to go back inside, give you privacy when you read it. But, I’m just not that mature.'
'It’s nothing. Fine.' Feeling foolish, Laurel opened the envelope.

You might think this is over, but you’d be wrong. I’ve taken your shoes hostage. Contact me within forty-eight hours, or the Pradas get it.
78 likes
“He gave her a quick, casual kiss on the cheek first. Then came the hug, and it was the hug that always made Laurel’s heart mush. Serious grip, cheek to the hair, eyes closed, just a little sway. Del’s hugs mattered, she thought, and made him impossible to resist.” 70 likes