Kíngdσm σf Hσpє [ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ] discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 183 (183 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here we may discuss things about the roleplay's future.

So, how do you think we should divide the roleplay places?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, what should we name the three currently existent nomadic tribes?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Umm would you like it to be something along the lines of Hope suchs as Fate, Destiny, Love and so on. Or would it just be like random names for the tribes?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the idea of using traits . . . . Do you think maybe a wider variety of traits rather than those centered around hope? Just since the tribes are separate from the kingdom itself?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea! Since they are different from the Kingdom their names could be based off of the main traits of the people in the tribes. Or just traits describing their beliefs?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay! So, what do we want the specific tribes to be like then? We can have more than three if we come up with more ideas.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I don't know... Maybe somewhat like Divergent. You know the hopefull, brave, honest, trusting and so forth?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. Do we want to have some more commonly viewed as negative, such as pride, revenge, etc?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea that sounds good! Some are negative, some are positive, and the others are in the middle. That sounds good. What do you think the names should be?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay!

Tribe of Pride, Tribe of Courage, Tribe of Faith, Tribe of Love, Tribe of Vengeance, Tribe of Honesty, that sort. What are your thoughts?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds awesome! I like them!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

So will those be the names we use?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea if u like them!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I took out the Tribe of Love if you don't mind.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, so what RP locations folders should we have?

My thoughts are:
Tribe of Pride
Tribe of Courage
Tribe of Faith
Tribe of Vengeance
The Castle
The Peasant Villages

What do you all think?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya i think. Maybe we could have some neutral type grounds. Where is just land where everything connects or something like that.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Like The Wilderness or something like that then?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay! That would make 7 places. How do you want to divvy up location creation?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Almost half and half. I can take 4 and you three or the other way. You'd probably have to tell me what kind of things to put in the topics.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. . . .we'd do an overview of the folder, like what the tribe/area/castle is like as a whole. Then, on each individual thread, there'd be a description of that place. I think what types of thing would be in each one is sort of dependent on what the place is. . . .

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

So, what would we want each area to be like?

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 02, 2014 07:54PM) (new)

So, what do you think of this for character creation?

Basics
Full Name:
Nickname (optional):
Allegiance:
Hobbies:

Appearance:
Image:
Height:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Markings:

Personal:
Personality:
History:
Family:

Extra:

Any edits?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Well lets see....

Vengeance would probably be filled with fighting and weaponry. It would be the most welcoming place. Probably it would be filled with haglers and theives.

The castle would be fancy, of course. Gaurds would be at all entrances. It would be filed with wealth and power. It would be surely magnificent.

Peasant villages would be bad. /By what I have understood\ People are starving and extremely poor. Theives, drunks, and so on would line the streets. The place would be filed with fear and hatred.

Wilderness would be where ago the land meet. The wilderness is full of gray meadows and trees. Animals would be everywhere. Aitkin mossy of these crazies are willing to kill anyone who treasures a wrong move.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Other than you forgot the parentheses after optional, they are great!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

And so Pride would be filled with trinkets and tokens, and they would probably loot peasant villages for fineries a lot.

Faith would probably have a church or two, enforced prayer rituals, and maybe a ban on magic?

And Courage would probably honor those who die in battle the most, and do you think they'd have more of a code of chivalry?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'mYourWorstNightmare wrote: "Other than you forgot the parentheses after optional, they are great!"

Ah, thanks! Okay!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay that sounds about right! How many peasant villages would we have?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

If we're doing one folder, I suppose we could just make one that's an average village and then just say that whatever building tends to be like as the descriptions.

Also, do we want folder for the Borderlands between the nomadic tribes and the Kingdom?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh yea probably.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Kay. That would leave us with four and four, but we have another mod presently, and I'm hoping to acquire a fourth. That leaves us doing three-three-two presently, and if we get a fourth, two-two-two-two.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea, we should probably get another mod with in a day or so.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

We now have four mods!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

A big welcome to our new mods!

Here are the folders we were thinking of creating to hold the roleplay threads:

Tribe of Pride
Tribe of Courage
Tribe of Faith
Tribe of Vengeance
The Castle
Peasant Villages
The Wilderness
The Borderlands

We'd each have to come up with the overview and locations for two folders if we end up doing it like that.

message 37: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 161 comments Mod
Hey there! Thanks for the welcome :)

Those locations sound good, though vengeance and courage seem like they'd be a bit similar to me. Like they'd both be the kind of fighting type who are determined and will go after what they want fiercely. I'm thinking maybe another different trait to replace one of those, like honesty, humour, wisdom, creativity... something a bit more different? But that's up to you :)

If we keep those tribes, I'm fine with making two of the folders - but I'd prefer not to do the tribe of faith or the borderlands since I don't have many ideas for them. :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I was trying to do two that are generally considered more positive and two considered more negative. Which one do you think should be replaced?

Okay. We kind of came up with basic ideas for a couple of the places above.

This is what Nightmare came up with:

Vengeance would probably be filled with fighting and weaponry. It would be the most welcoming place. Probably it would be filled with haglers and theives.

The castle would be fancy, of course. Gaurds would be at all entrances. It would be filed with wealth and power. It would be surely magnificent.

Peasant villages would be bad. /By what I have understood\ People are starving and extremely poor. Theives, drunks, and so on would line the streets. The place would be filed with fear and hatred.

Wilderness would be where ago the land meet. The wilderness is full of gray meadows and trees. Animals would be everywhere. Aitkin mossy of these crazies are willing to kill anyone who treasures a wrong move.

Here is what I came up with:

And so Pride would be filled with trinkets and tokens, and they would probably loot peasant villages for fineries a lot.

Faith would probably have a church or two, enforced prayer rituals, and maybe a ban on magic?

And Courage would probably honor those who die in battle the most, and do you think they'd have more of a code of chivalry?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Do any of you have any further ideas. Also, Aurora, do you think it should be Courage or Vengeance that we switch?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that's all I have for now. If we did change one of them I would probably choose Courage. To me courage is meaning that they stand up for those who can't. They fight for what's right and always see the good in people. They have the courage to defy the odds, and stand for those who have fallen.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Elvina what two do you want each of us to create?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Aurora can do Tribe of Courage and Tribe of Vengeance so that she can decide which to replace and what to replace it with.

I'll do the Castle and the Borderlands.

Doctor, could you create the Tribe of Faith and The Peasant Villages?

Nightmare, could you do the Wilderness and the Tribe of Pride?

If you'd like to switch one, feel free.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, Nightmare, which roles are you going to want to claim?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Uhh I'll look at the topic and post there

And Okay im good with those!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay! =)

message 47: by Aurora (new)

I'm fine with that :)
I think we should remove vengeance, since it isn't quite a trait after all. But we could include vengeance in courage - maybe the tribe value those who aren't afraid to take out revenge when they are wronged.
So we'll keep courage.

Instead of vengeance I think intelligence would be good. I think they'd value wisdom and creativity - so they'd have very innovative methods and inventive people.

What do you guys think?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Aurora wrote: "I'm fine with that :)
I think we should remove vengeance, since it isn't quite a trait after all. But we could include vengeance in courage - maybe the tribe value those who aren't afraid to take o..."

I figured you have an idea for it. I think we need positive and negative aspects to each tribe though. =)

message 49: by Aurora (new)

Oh okay so some good and bad traits of the tribes(this is based on what image I've been getting from them so feel free to let me know if I'm getting the wrong idea):

Faith- Religious, dedicated, strict rules, no magic allowed
Pride- Well presentable, vain, arrogant, tidy,
Courage- reckless, take vengeance, brave, strong,
Intelligence- creative, arrogant, look down on others, prefer brain over brawn, book smart but not street smart, inactive...?

Again, these are just my guesses so feel free to change anything. If intelligence still isn't okay what should I do to fix it? :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I think they're fine, but perhaps we could have them still fight bit fight more off strategy? Also, for Faith, it'd be reasonable for them to go to war to spread their religion, right?

« previous 1 3 4