The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1) The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie discussion

Imperfect Hero

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adedoyin I know i this is a sensitive issue, but somehow i am really inspired by an imperfect heroes and definitely respect certain heroes who have suffered from dyslexia, stutter or other issues while growing up and have ultimately made it big on their own but they are still not completely free....these guys just make you swoon.... I read The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (Leisure Historical Romance) by Jennifer Ashley and absolutely loved it. I would love if anyone can please recommend me romance novels like this one where the hero has ADHD, or he has a form of autism. He doesn't like to look people in the eye yet he's really good with numbers & remembers everything that is said. He has touch preferences/dislikes and he is a loner. it does not have to be historical. It does not have to be just ADHD or autism it can be anything else but nothing too horrible that they die. I would not mind if the hero does not have all these qualities but some would be nice. Also I would like if the hero is a little oblivious of the heroine and thinks differently from everyone.

June I love Getting What You Want (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #1) by Kathy Love
He got some difficulties but he's hiding his condition, is it count? I love how both hero and heroine grow in that book, lovely read.One of my fave romance :)

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale - he has a medical incident early in the book (view spoiler) and ends up in an insane asylum

Jennifer Tall, Tatted and Tempting (The Reed Brothers, #1) by Tammy Falkner and Archer's Voice (A Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan are both books where the hero has a disability to overcome. I enjoyed them very much, especially Archer's Voice.

message 5: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz The duke and I by Julia Quinn
Cari Hislop has a book called Lucky in love... I think.

message 6: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz The madness of lord macgreor by Jennifer Ashley

Avalon I strongly second Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale . This is one of the best books I've read that fits your criteria.

Also, for a more modern route: The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion and Win Some, Lose Some by Shay Savage .

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn The entire Turner Series by Courtney Milan is so so good at showing complex characters, especially the hero. I highly recommend these (and her other books) as well!