Start by marking “Archer's Voice” as Want to Read:
Archer's Voice

Archer's Voice

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  67,113 Ratings  ·  8,412 Reviews
A New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling book. Archer's Voice is a full-length, standalone romance.

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isola
Kindle Edition, Sign of Love, Sagittarius, 345 pages
Published January 25th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Archer's Voice, please sign up.
Stephanie Viteri Maybe someday and Ugly love by Colleen Hoover are similar.
Claudia Ford Leo & Leo's Chance (1 book but Leo's Chance told from different person), Becoming Calder & Finding Eden (2 book series), both incredible and…moreLeo & Leo's Chance (1 book but Leo's Chance told from different person), Becoming Calder & Finding Eden (2 book series), both incredible and totally different. Definitely recommend! (less)

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

First, here's my casting for Archer:

I absolutely L_O_V_E_D this book!!!!! 5 STARS!!

Archer's Voice was one of the most heartwarming and uniquely beautiful stories I have ever read. Mia Sheridan's ability to convey strong emotions and vivid imagery through her writing is absolutely captivating. This was a gorgeous tale of survival and the healing power of love. I strongly encourage everyone to read it!! Without a doubt, it is now one of my top favorite books!

Before anything, I just want to menti
Christy
5 Archer stars

“description"/

I am in awe of this book. It hit all my five star plus buttons. I know it’s early, but I can already tell this is going to be in my top 10 of the year. I loved it that much!

Archer Hale has spent his life in solitude. Something traumatic happened to him when he was seven years old and left his voice box so damaged he could no longer speak. He lived with his uncle, never leaving the property. His uncle passed away a while ago, and he’s been alone ever since. He knows it’s not normal
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★★! Archer’s Voice (stand-alone) A gripping tale of painful pasts & healing love!

“It suddenly occurred to me that Archer Hale had taught himself an entire language, but hadn't had a single person to talk to. Until me.”

I will try to write a better review when I catch up.

College graduate Bree Prescott flees to a lakeside town and meets a 23-year old recluse who doesn’t speak, Archer Hale. Who is he? What is his story? And what is Bree running from?

A feel-good read! Loved it! Suspense,
Mo
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I am definitely in the minority here. I liked it, don’t get me wrong but it was nowhere near a five star book for me. This author seems to be a hit or miss for me. Leo, I did not really like. Stinger, I loved it….

I think my expectations were way too high. Note to self, don’t read a book on Release Date unless you are absolutely sure that you will love it.

Every single one of my friends who has read it gave it 5 stars. Pressure was too much and it did not work for me…

It is a lovely story,
Mia Sheridan
Jan 15, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Candace
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All fans of a sweet, heart-warming romance!
I had put off reading this book for awhile because I had heard all the hype and was worried that I'd be disappointed. Now, I'm kicking myself for waiting so long! 'Archer's Voice' lived up to the hype and surpassed my expectations. I loved this story!

It didn't take me hardly any time to fall in love with Archer. The socially awkward and reclusive man had a spot in my heart from the start. Even at his worst, he pulled at my heartstrings.

Bree was also a character that I felt drawn to immediately.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Where to start, where to start...

Story : 3 stars
Writing : 1 star

Sometimes, I think that the majority of books should be written in teams. Maybe if there was one person to come up with the story and another person to execute it, we'd have more winners out there.

I hate when books suffer from good story/weak writing syndrome. It's so hard for me to get past the surface stutters and find the best parts of a story when I'm having to re-read sentences in order to figure out what exactly is going on.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“I love you, I love you, I love you,” I whispered, smiling, trying to make this moment a happy one. He smiled back and put his lips against mine, mouthing, I love you, too, as if he were breathing love into my body. ❤❤❤

MY GOD!!! This is my 5th time of reading this book but still it makes me so happy... Ahhh I'll never get tired of reading this beautiful book. 😊

Update: Archer's Voice is going to be a movie. Mia's official announcement is in the below.
OMG I can't wait to see Archer on the big s
Kristen
4 1/2 Stars

description

A very sweet and unique love story that's well written and emotional. It's as heartwarming as it is heartbreaking and has the perfect blend of real-life issues, powerful romance and heart-and-soul.

I loved it.
Katerina
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
A little sappy and predictable, but a sweet, heart-warming story nonetheless.

“Chiron's wound symbolizes the transformative power of suffering-how personal pain, both physical and emotional, can become the source of great moral and spiritual strength.”

Archer's Voice was the story of two wounded healers. Two people who felt lonely, scared and insecure, and found their redemption in each other. Bree's life drastically changed one stormy night, that left her paralyzed with fear and excruciating
*****FIVE++++++++++++ ONLY EVER YOU STARS*****
{BR with Mel and Dee}

photo 381570418dfbdf7ef2e9016723908bc0_zpsf301c326.jpg

Every now and then a book comes along that completely reaffirms why I love reading! Archer's Voice has definitely been added to that growing list of books for me! I love stories that completely satisfy the hopeless romantic in me. It is because of these books that any man I meet will never measure up!! LOL

I love a story about people who have been broken somehow, usually by a heartbreaking tragedy, and it's the love of that one
DW
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
Only $.99 in the kindle store for limited time! $1.33 for Aussies. Other titles by same author are on sale now. Give Archer's Hale and Bree a chance to captivate you!

Jay Ryan as Archer Hale

Dear New Adult Authors:

Take a look at what Mia Sheridan did here.

She wrote a beautiful, sexy, panty-dropping, tingling-in-private-parts-hot, damaged hero and not a single time he was

*abusive

*disrespectful

*slutshamer

*an idiot who ruins the relationship with his stupidity

*a cheater

and still the drama, the stea
XxTainaxX
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook review. While I run away from my lovely super fan friends, I will say that I honestly struggled with the narration, where errors in the prose seemed to be more noticeable. Hearing them is certainly different from reading them. I am glad that I stuck to the story, however, because I would've missed out on a pretty great tale.

The underlying theme of this book was very refreshing. The characters are unique and flawed. They make their own place in your heart. Bree found a treasure hidden
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Seeing Archer Stars

Mild Spoilers

"How do you teach a man who has lost everything, not to fear it happening again? How do you teach a person to trust in something none of us can guarantee?”-Bree

OMG I loved Archer's Voice. This was my first Mia Sheridan read, and I just loved it so much!!!! Archer's voice was sweet, angsty without being over the top, and left me with a huge smile on my face. Mia Sheridan did a great job of bringing the hero and heroine to life. I was completely invested in bo
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4--My Heart....My Emotions....Just Give Me a Moment--Stars!!

I'll just be....yeah

Archer, Archer, Archer I just want to give you the biggest freakin' hug.

I found Archer's Voice to be very melancholy....just the overall theme. The story itself was beautiful and emotional and my heart broke and I cried. And I wanted so bad for Archer to find peace and happiness.

This was definitely a slower pace then I prefer....less dialogue than I prefer. But it was a really insipiring read and in the end I was h
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Pearl Angeli

The story started out nicely and the plot, though predictable was laid out satisfactorily following the generic NA formula- two nice people with broken, painful past somehow finding each other in a small town. The mild twist is that Archer couldn’t talk, “a beautiful, silent man”. (Bree made sure I knew that because she mentioned it only a couple hundred times.^^) It’s told by the alternating voices of Bree and Archer but mostly by Bree. Her narrative, though a bit monotonous and unnecessarily d
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!!

description

I honestly wasn’t planning on reading this book just yet but my crazy fingers swiped on it, the book opened, hours flew by, and whaddya know? I’m through with the book. As for my rating, it took me some time to decide as I was spinning between the 3 and 5 star range. I mean, I liked the book. I loved it actually. But I didn’t LOVE it. The praise for this book is absolutely warranted though. The deep emotional pull and one of the very best literary heroes is probably enough to give thi
Alex is The Romance Fox

Archer's Voice is a beautiful, sweet, tender and unique love story of two people overcoming painful pasts while holding on to their humanity and hope.
 photo 734752_575515619129920_1307000182_n-400x269_zpslmofcexq.jpg
In Archer and Bree, the author has created two flawed characters, made them feel human and relatable - not only did I sympathise with the two but I wanted so much for them to attain their aspirations and happiness.
 photo 1317089282_small_zpsfs3owhdc.jpg
The author's inspiring prose really moved me.....
 photo 0_zpswhzvegx0.jpg
Loved the build-up of their relationship from friends to more.

Great epilogue.

Be
Debra

★★★★★ 5 Stars!

“...the loudest words are the ones we live.”

This story was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

Ever since I first read Stinger and later on Leo and Leo's Chance, Mia Sheridan has become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. She just has a way of storytelling that completely resonates with me and that makes me fall in love with the characters and their epic love story each and every time. And Archer's voice was no exception. Once again, this was a wonderful story that made laugh and
Chantal ❤️
4.5 EMOTIONALLY HEARD STARS

So I finally read a book by Mia Sheridan, and I must say I LOVED IT!

This book is about two emotional scared individuals who come together to form a couple.
They both have to overcome their demons that haunt their dreams nightly.
Archer was such a sympathetic character to me at first. I could understand why the heroine Bree was captivated by him. I loved when Bree makes mention of his working outside would make a commercial success as a workout with the result being you
Sophia Triad
Why haven't I tried this author before? So good!

This is the only book I have read so far in my whole life that it talks so much about love, while it does not sound corny, old-fashioned and cheesy.

This is like a breath of fresh air in the romance books category: Sweet, innocent, full of naked feelings and bursting of unconditional love.

I absolutely loved the two main characters! Especially the girl, Bree Prescott.

Bree is a beyond doubt a nice person. She ran away from her previous life in Cinc
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **I lost my heart to you.** STARS

“Someday … when we're old and gray, I'm going to look at you lying in bed beside me, just like this, and I'm going to look into your eyes and know that it's only ever been you. And that is going to be the great joy of my life.”

Thank you to my blogging partner in crime Sandy. She has been bugging me for ages to discover Mia Sheridan's books and Archer's Voice in particular. And what a success it has been. Hit me right in the feels. Beautifully written, wonde
Mischenko
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is featured on Throwback Thursday @ https://readrantrockandroll.com/2018/...

I found Archer’s Voice floating around on Goodreads sometime in 2016 and went right to Amazon to grab a copy. The story grabbed my attention from the very first words.

Bree has moved to a little town in Maine. She’s looking for a new start and finds herself a little cabin to move into. After finding a job at a diner and meeting some new people in town, she runs into a man named Archer. Archer looks fairly dishev
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3.5 Stars

I am definitely in the minority on this, but I just didn't love this one as much as most of my friends seemed to.

Don't get me wrong, it had a lot of really sweet elements and themes weaved throughout the story (e.g. the whole dandelion thing), and Archer and Bree were really cute (if somewhat flat?) characters, but it was just missing something for me.

Probably just me though.
P
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Archer's Voice made me fall in love over again. This book is not perfect, yet it epitomizes how long people can live their lives without love and dreams. Every breath I took while reading this book was worth the feeling Archer gave me. I liked him. Even cried for him. I don't know if I haven't read this book, how can my life be completed like this. I am so happy to have Archer and Bree in it, they're two people
Beverly
When you start a book with a lot of hype you never know how it will turn out. Unfortunately for me if I get overly excited about a book it is easy for me to be disappointed. However, I absolutely fell in love with this story.

The story is told with alternating POV. We first meet a young Archer. We see that his family life is far from perfect, his father is an alcoholic and abusive. With the way the story begins I was immediately pulled in and wanted to know more. We see that Archer is an average
Vina
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-heroes, f-f
I ARCHER this book!

Wow, just wow!!! Amazing story. I was not expecting what I received. It grabbed me at the very beginning, and didn't let me go, until the very last page.

“I lost my heart to you. And, Bree, in case you're wondering, I don't ever want it back.”

You will
Auntee
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any romance fan. Don't be put off by the label New Adult
I realized there's no way I'm going to be able to review this...I enjoyed it that much and I sort of have 'reviewer's block'. I loved every minute of it and stayed up waaaay late to finish it (and cried) and was bleery-eyed the next day...and my thoughts kept straying to the story.

I resisted this story for so long because it is 'New Adult'. Don't know what I was thinking because the H/h weren't teenagers, they were in their early 20s so it didn't bother me the way I thought it would.

Just loved t
Inés Izal
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, favoritos
Acabo de terminar el libro, y sólo puedo decir que me duele el corazón de lo que he llegado a querer a Archer. Él y sólo él, se ha quedado con un trocito de mí.

"Y me dije para mis adentros que la voz de Archer Hale era una de las cosas más hermosas del mundo entero"
  • Coming Home
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Black Lies
  • Making Faces
  • Lifers
  • Transcendence
  • The Story of Me (Carnage, #2)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
  • More Than Forever (More Than, #4)
  • Taut: The Ford Book (Rook and Ronin Spinoff)
  • Arsen: A Broken Love Story
  • Loving Mr. Daniels
  • Brutally Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Smart, Sexy and Secretive (The Reed Brothers, #2)
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Sometimes an understanding silence was better than a bunch of meaningless words.” 505 likes
“I'm afraid to love you. I'm afraid that you'll leave and that I'll go back to being alone again. Only it will be a hundred times worse because I'll know what I'm missing. I can't…” He sucked in a shaky breath. “I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you, and I don't know how. Teach me, Bree. Please teach me. Don't let me destroy this.” 292 likes