Start by marking “Archer's Voice” as Want to Read:
Archer's Voice

Archer's Voice

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  97,796 ratings  ·  11,390 reviews
A New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling book. Archer's Voice is a full-length, standalone romance.

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isola
Kindle Edition, Sign of Love, Sagittarius, 345 pages
Published January 25th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Archer's Voice, please sign up.
Stephanie Viteri Maybe someday and Ugly love by Colleen Hoover are similar.
Claudia Ford Leo & Leo's Chance (1 book but Leo's Chance told from different person), Becoming Calder & Finding Eden (2 book series), both incredible and totally d…moreLeo & Leo's Chance (1 book but Leo's Chance told from different person), Becoming Calder & Finding Eden (2 book series), both incredible and totally different. Definitely recommend! (less)

·  97,796 ratings  ·  11,390 reviews

Start your review of Archer's Voice
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

First, here's my casting for Archer:

I absolutely L_O_V_E_D this book!!!!! 5 STARS!!

Archer's Voice was one of the most heartwarming and uniquely beautiful stories I have ever read. Mia Sheridan's ability to convey strong emotions and vivid imagery through her writing is absolutely captivating. This was a gorgeous tale of survival and the healing power of love. I strongly encourage everyone to read it!! Without a doubt, it is now one of my top favorite books!

Before anything, I just want to menti
Christy
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Archer stars

“description"/

I am in awe of this book. It hit all my five star plus buttons. I know it’s early, but I can already tell this is going to be in my top 10 of the year. I loved it that much!

Archer Hale has spent his life in solitude. Something traumatic happened to him when he was seven years old and left his voice box so damaged he could no longer speak. He lived with his uncle, never leaving the property. His uncle passed away a while ago, and he’s been alone ever since. He knows it’s not no
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★★! Archer’s Voice (stand-alone) A gripping tale of painful pasts & healing love!

“It suddenly occurred to me that Archer Hale had taught himself an entire language, but hadn't had a single person to talk to. Until me.”

I will try to write a better review when I catch up.

College graduate Bree Prescott flees to a lakeside town and meets a 23-year old recluse who doesn’t speak, Archer Hale. Who is he? What is his story? And what is Bree running from?

A feel-good read! Loved
jessica
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
this is a beautiful story and it holds such an important message - everyone has a voice. they may sound different, but everyone can and deserves to be heard.

i love this lesson and i appreciate how this book so stunningly teaches it. its no secret that i love books about love. and maybe its just me becoming soft in my old age, but this story in particular touched me profoundly. i get goosebumps just thinking about the pure beauty of this story. its a story about two broken people, their courageo
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Where to start, where to start...

Story : 3 stars
Writing : 1 star

Sometimes, I think that the majority of books should be written in teams. Maybe if there was one person to come up with the story and another person to execute it, we'd have more winners out there.

I hate when books suffer from good story/weak writing syndrome. It's so hard for me to get past the surface stutters and find the best parts of a story when I'm having to re-read sentences in order to figure out what exactly is going on.
elena
May 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021
Maybe there was no right or wrong, no black or white, only a thousand shades of gray when it came to pain and what we each held ourselves responsible for.

This is one of the most beautiful, tender, and heartwarming love stories I've ever read.

TW: mentions of abuse, alcoholism, death of a loved one, attempted rape

Archer’s Voice is described as a love story. A love story between Bree Prescott who moves into a small town in Maine to move a little bit away from her past. There, she meets
mel ☽
4 stars ✩⋆

it's really bad that i read this when i was 15 years old because now my standards are way too fucking high for my liking 🤠✋

this book made me cry and it's not because it's sad, i'm crying because this book made me feel SO FUCKING SINGLE. yes, i know this is the second book this month that made me feel this way but i swear, books that make me feel like this are my villain origin story. you want me to feel alone and painfully single? fine.

honestly, this book was such a nice, wholesome (bu
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes an understanding silence was better than a bunch of meaningless words."
A soulful journey through the heart of a man, speechless & Lonely. Mia hasn't allocated even whispers to her Mute, Loner - Archer Hale but readers feel them regardless. His silence, expressions, eyes, touch our hearts like feathers falling from the sky. Love really need no language, words or tunes. All you need is a willing heart
"She had told me my voice mattered, and her love had made me believe it might be
Mo
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I am definitely in the minority here. I liked it, don’t get me wrong but it was nowhere near a five star book for me. This author seems to be a hit or miss for me. Leo, I did not really like. Stinger, I loved it….

I think my expectations were way too high. Note to self, don’t read a book on Release Date unless you are absolutely sure that you will love it.

Every single one of my friends who has read it gave it 5 stars. Pressure was too much and it did not work for me…

It is a lovely story,
Candace
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All fans of a sweet, heart-warming romance!
I had put off reading this book for awhile because I had heard all the hype and was worried that I'd be disappointed. Now, I'm kicking myself for waiting so long! 'Archer's Voice' lived up to the hype and surpassed my expectations. I loved this story!

It didn't take me hardly any time to fall in love with Archer. The socially awkward and reclusive man had a spot in my heart from the start. Even at his worst, he pulled at my heartstrings.

Bree was also a character that I felt drawn to immediately.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“I love you, I love you, I love you,” I whispered, smiling, trying to make this moment a happy one. He smiled back and put his lips against mine, mouthing, I love you, too, as if he were breathing love into my body. ❤❤❤

MY GOD!!! This is my 5th time of reading this book but still it makes me so happy... Ahhh I'll never get tired of reading this beautiful book. 😊

Update: Archer's Voice is going to be a movie. Mia's official announcement is in the below.
OMG I can't wait to see Archer on the big s
Kristen
4 1/2 Stars

description

A very sweet and unique love story that's well written and emotional. It's as heartwarming as it is heartbreaking and has the perfect blend of real-life issues, powerful romance and heart-and-soul.

I loved it.
The Burning Rose (Jess)
5/5 stars.
Mia Sheridan is my new hero.
Great writing, brilliant plot, deep message. This is all you need to turn a romance book to a life changing book. Yes, I mean it- life changing. And let me explain why.

Archer's Voice is a book that has been waiting on my shelf for several years. I have no idea why, every time I wanted to read a romance book, I skipped this one. But you know what? It doesn't matter, because here I am, after a long reading slump, looking for books that will take me back to th
Chelsea Humphrey
"And sometimes, that's all it takes-one person who's willing to listen to your heart, to the sound no one else has ever tried to hear."

Ok, this book is 100% worth all the love and adoration it receives from the Archer fan club. Clearly I'm riding the caboose of this hype train, and I'm not sure what I can add in a review that hasn't already been said a thousand times over, but this book truly was everything and more. I found my heart in my throat multiple times, and was relived that it was emoti
chan ☆
okay, so before I started this book I had just dnf-ed an NA book that was absolute trash and I was feeling a little let down by the genre. thankfully this book turned that around.

the story revolved around Bree who travels to Pelion to find an escape after some traumatizing events in her life. once she gets there she meets the hot social leper, Archer, whose only reason for being a reject is that he can't speak because of his traumatizing backstory.

yes, yes, everyone's damaged.

but ya know what,
EmBibliophile
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
5 stars.

"Only you, only ever you.”

This book is so good. DAMMIT.

This was such a heartwarming, raw, and beautiful book. I felt everything deep in my chest. This is a book about two broken beautiful people. About the courage in surviving. About healing with love. About having a voice, even when you can’t actually speak.

"I'm here for you. I'm here because of you. I'm here because you saw me, not just with your eyes, but with your heart. I'm here because you wanted to know what I had to say and beca
Katerina
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
A little sappy and predictable, but a sweet, heart-warming story nonetheless.

“Chiron's wound symbolizes the transformative power of suffering-how personal pain, both physical and emotional, can become the source of great moral and spiritual strength.”

Archer's Voice was the story of two wounded healers. Two people who felt lonely, scared and insecure, and found their redemption in each other. Bree's life drastically changed one stormy night, that left her paralyzed with fear and excru
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Pearl Angeli

The story started out nicely and the plot, though predictable was laid out satisfactorily following the generic NA formula- two nice people with broken, painful past somehow finding each other in a small town. The mild twist is that Archer couldn’t talk, “a beautiful, silent man”. (Bree made sure I knew that because she mentioned it only a couple hundred times.^^) It’s told by the alternating voices of Bree and Archer but mostly by Bree. Her narrative, though a bit monotonous and unnecessarily d
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
Only $.99 in the kindle store for limited time! $1.33 for Aussies. Other titles by same author are on sale now. Give Archer's Hale and Bree a chance to captivate you!

Jay Ryan as Archer Hale
description

Dear New Adult Authors:

Take a look at what Mia Sheridan did here.

She wrote a beautiful, sexy, panty-dropping, tingling-in-private-parts-hot, damaged hero and not a single time he was

*abusive

*disrespectful

*slutshamer

*an idiot who ruins the relationship with his stupidity

*a cheater

and still the drama, the stea
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE++++++++++++ ONLY EVER YOU STARS*****
{BR with Mel and Dee}

photo 381570418dfbdf7ef2e9016723908bc0_zpsf301c326.jpg

Every now and then a book comes along that completely reaffirms why I love reading! Archer's Voice has definitely been added to that growing list of books for me! I love stories that completely satisfy the hopeless romantic in me. It is because of these books that any man I meet will never measure up!! LOL

I love a story about people who have been broken somehow, usually by a heartbreaking tragedy, and it's the love of that o
Sophia Triad
Why haven't I tried this author before? So good!

This is the only book I have read so far in my whole life that it talks so much about love, while it does not sound corny, old-fashioned and cheesy.

This is like a breath of fresh air in the romance books category: Sweet, innocent, full of naked feelings and bursting of unconditional love.

I absolutely loved the two main characters! Especially the girl, Bree Prescott.

Bree is a beyond doubt a nice person. She ran away from her previous life in Cinc
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Seeing Archer Stars

Mild Spoilers

"How do you teach a man who has lost everything, not to fear it happening again? How do you teach a person to trust in something none of us can guarantee?”-Bree

OMG I loved Archer's Voice. This was my first Mia Sheridan read, and I just loved it so much!!!! Archer's voice was sweet, angsty without being over the top, and left me with a huge smile on my face. Mia Sheridan did a great job of bringing the hero and heroine to life. I was completely invested in
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
90ca45e7e7c6ddfa7f3d6d91a5f154bd-1-3-3

I'm doing a re-read before Travis hits us this month!! I read this back in 2014, and I'm just a few chapters in but what sticks out is how well this is written it just shows what an outstanding writer this author is. This book hasn't aged at all.

This book was truly beautiful, unique, unputdownable, heartfelt, I loved this even more the second time around. The feels grabbed ahold of me and it felt like I'd come home after a long trip away, a feeling of nostalgic hit.

Bree Prescott needed an
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.5 Stars

I am definitely in the minority on this, but I just didn't love this one as much as most of my friends seemed to.

Don't get me wrong, it had a lot of really sweet elements and themes weaved throughout the story (e.g. the whole dandelion thing), and Archer and Bree were really cute (if somewhat flat?) characters, but it was just missing something for me.

Probably just me though.
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Audiobook review. While I run away from my lovely super fan friends, I will say that I honestly struggled with the narration, where errors in the prose seemed to be more noticeable. Hearing them is certainly different from reading them. I am glad that I stuck to the story, however, because I would've missed out on a pretty great tale.

The underlying theme of this book was very refreshing. The characters are unique and flawed. They make their own place in your heart. Bree found a treasure hidden
Warda
May 05, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I mean, I felt nothing.
I am in the minority here, but I felt so empty reading it. Nothing about the plot or the characters was convincing. Everything about it was so calculated and juvenile. And I don't mind cliches but this book takes the cake. It was cheese galore.

Nope. Just no.
DW
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alex is The Romance Fox

Archer's Voice is a beautiful, sweet, tender and unique love story of two people overcoming painful pasts while holding on to their humanity and hope.
 photo 734752_575515619129920_1307000182_n-400x269_zpslmofcexq.jpg
In Archer and Bree, the author has created two flawed characters, made them feel human and relatable - not only did I sympathise with the two but I wanted so much for them to attain their aspirations and happiness.
 photo 1317089282_small_zpsfs3owhdc.jpg
The author's inspiring prose really moved me.....
 photo 0_zpswhzvegx0.jpg
Loved the build-up of their relationship from frie
NMmomof4
5 Stars (Originally Read 2/1/2014)

5 Stars (Re-Read 4/3/2017)

Overall Opinion: This is definitely one of my all time favorite books! The H, Archer, is the best! I think it would've been easy to make his character into a beta male because of his life, but I LOVE how Ms. Sheridan made him have automatic alpha-male tendencies! It's not a huge secret that I'm not big on beta males even when I feel for their trauma, so this was kind-of a huge deal for me in making me love his character! I also love
Yeasmin Alo
"And sometimes, that's all it takes–one person who's willing to listen to your heart, to the sound no one else has ever tried to hear."
"The loudest words are the ones we live."

Genre: NA, Contemporary, Disability,  Friends to Lovers.

POV: Dual 🖤 🖤

Triggers (according to me):None

Main Characters: Archer Hale (23)
Bree Prescott (21)

Set up: Small town
Pelion

HEA: YES YES YES! A very beautiful one.

I legit had a heart attack in Chapter 35 for good one minute.
I have nothing much to say.
B

• The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • Kulti
  • The Spanish Love Deception
  • Wait for It
  • All Rhodes Lead Here
  • From Lukov with Love
  • The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires, #1)
  • Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Punk 57
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Marriage for One
  • It Happened One Summer (Bellinger Sisters, #1)
  • RoomHate
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Ugly Love
See top shelves…

Articles featuring this book

Get in the mood with our list of the top 100 romances of all time. We narrowed the field by limiting our results to books aimed at...
“Sometimes an understanding silence was better than a bunch of meaningless words.” 572 likes
“I'm afraid to love you. I'm afraid that you'll leave and that I'll go back to being alone again. Only it will be a hundred times worse because I'll know what I'm missing. I can't…” He sucked in a shaky breath. “I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you, and I don't know how. Teach me, Bree. Please teach me. Don't let me destroy this.” 340 likes