Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > FYI, Thriftbooks.com has a NOT nice change to the site

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Feb 04, 2015 08:17AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Thriftbooks.com has made a change I like. Now, you save 50 cents on every additional book you add to your cart. It used to be, you only got that 50 cents off for every book you bought from the same state from Thriftbooks's used bookstore partners. This change makes things way better. They're probably going to have me shopping from them more often now, that's for sure.

EDIT: 2/4/15 Apparently this was quite temporary, and other not so nice changes have been made. Read further down the page for more info.

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (ringwraith10) | 13 comments Definitely checking this out! Thanks for the tip. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It looks like this was temporary. I order a load of books earlier this month and got the discount, but now it's not showing up in my shopping cart.

I'm hoping I'm missing something. Anybody else still seeing the discount?

message 4: by Joseph (last edited Dec 27, 2014 05:55AM) (new)

Liz wrote: "It looks like this was temporary. I order a load of books earlier this month and got the discount, but now it's not showing up in my shopping cart.

I'm hoping I'm missing something. Anybody else ..."

I recently noticed the same thing, now they appear to not offering any discount at all! Sheesh, I'd like to know what's up, too.

message 5: by Joseph (new)

Okay, I don't know what happened, but Thriftbooks is now going in the opposite direction and it is NOT good. Now not only does it appear that they NO longer give an extra 50 cents off for each extra book ordered, but they no longer give free shipping either on ANY size order, now you have to spend at least $15 dollars to get free shipping. I am afraid they have very likely lost me as a regular customer.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Sorry to hear it :( I always do abebooks anyway but they do it through there a lot (just got a book from them the other day) so wonder if they will raise their prices on there too b/c of shipping changes.

message 7: by Lee (new)

Lee Whitney (boobearcat) | 99 comments I like Better World books, free shipping still as far as I know. Been a while

message 8: by Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (last edited Feb 08, 2015 07:22AM) (new)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Now says free Shipping on Orders Over $5 when I looked at Thriftbooks this morning

message 9: by Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (last edited Feb 08, 2015 07:28AM) (new)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) .

message 10: by Marcus (last edited Jan 31, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

Marcus Ouimet | 2 comments Another site to check for used books is www.letthestoriesliveon.com All books have free shipping to the US and very low in price. Coupons are frequently posted on Facebook as well at: https://www.facebook.com/letthestorie...