What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction series- kids that are in tune with natural disasters. [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kalhorn (Smith) | 7 comments I wish I could remember more of this. I know it was a series, and it was about some teens. They experienced natural disasters, like hurricanes and tornadoes, etc, one per book. I don't think the kids could control the disasters, per se, but they were somehow connected to them or could sense them or something.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Hi Miranda,

Good luck on your search. I'm moving this down to the Unsolved folder, where more people are likely to see and respond.

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4873 comments How many years ago did you read this?
Anything about the cover?
Time period/location the series takes place?

message 4: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kalhorn (Smith) | 7 comments I would say that I probably read this about 7-8 years ago.

I don't remember anything about the cover. :-(

The time period definitely was present day, but I'm a bit iffy on location. I think the tornado one was based in Iowa and the hurricane one was in North Carolina?

I also think that the characters may have been siblings, but not sure about that either.

message 5: by kvon (new)

kvon | 56 comments If it were a fantasy series, I would think of Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic books. They face an earthquake in the first, Sandry's Book, then pirates, forest fire, plague.

message 6: by SarahBeth (last edited Oct 30, 2014 06:20PM) (new)

SarahBeth | 86 comments Try Mind Call, Mind Find and Mind Hold by Wilanne Schneider Belden Mind-Call by Wilanne Schneider Belden Mind-Find by Wilanne Schneider Belden
Mind Call is major earthquake and tidal wave, Mind Find has a major storm.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
I thought of Mind-Call, but I didn't realize it was part of a series.

message 8: by SarahBeth (new)

SarahBeth | 86 comments Kate wrote: "I thought of Mind-Call, but I didn't realize it was part of a series."

It's a very loosely connected trio of books.

message 9: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments bumping - Miranda, was the Mind Call series what you needed?

message 10: by bookel (last edited Jun 08, 2017 05:59AM) (new)

bookel | 2112 comments Disaster Zone series by David Levithan
http://www.librarything.com/series/Di...
In the eye of the tornado
In the heart of the quake

I read the tornado book.

message 11: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Kalhorn (Smith) | 7 comments Definitely the Disaster Zone books! Thank you so much!

message 12: by Kris (last edited Jun 08, 2017 05:01PM) (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Glad you found your books, Miranda. Here's the Goodreads link for the Disaster Zone series by David Levithan - https://www.goodreads.com/series/5689...