YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Divergent Series By Veronica Roth - Reading from 'Divergent (Divergent #1)' from July 2nd 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 236 (236 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Jamie | 10984 comments Join us in November and December in reading the Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth trilogy.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ and I will be working on all three books starting Nov 2nd. We would love for others to join us and read as you can over November and December.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments YES, COME JOIN AND FANGIRL OVER TRIS & FOUR.. i can't wait to start it

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Hi, how many chapters you wanna read per day???

Jamie | 10984 comments Sorry, just noticed this.
I was thinking of trying for about 5 chapters a day. Give or take as needed for real life vs free time and variable chapter length. If you want to do more or less lust let me know.

Jamie | 10984 comments Just read chapter 1 so far. I will be reading more tonight. (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Jamie wrote: "Sorry, just noticed this.
I was thinking of trying for about 5 chapters a day. Give or take as needed for real life vs free time and variable chapter length. If you want to do more or less lust ..."

5 sounds realistic actually.. i was busy all day and didn't start.. will do later tonight tho..

message 7: by ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (last edited Nov 04, 2014 02:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Ok! So i'm all caught up .. i'm at chapter 10 .. i loved Christina and it feels so good to be back to this series.. Eric is such a jerk è_é

Have you got your head wrapped around all factions yet??

Jamie | 10984 comments Sadly I am a bit behind right now. Got a last minute call away for work a double shift yesterday. So reading was nil. I'll have to read double tonight :)

Thoughts on the first few chapters: (view spoiler)
The faction concepts so far seem simple enough. I would hate to be stuck in just one. Most people I know would be a blend too. How can you always be one thing?

Jamie | 10984 comments So I am about halfway through the book. Averaging closer to 3 chapters a day right now. Some family priorities came up so my reading time has been slow. Sorry for the lack of discussion.

Anyways (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Me too, i got a fever that stopped my reading.. but now i'm back..

I'm @ chapter 14 (view spoiler)

I think the whole point of series in my opinion is that you can never be one thing. It's just a matter of what quality prevails in you. It's like new world discrimination.

About the low number of initiates, good point. I wish that was explained. Personally, i don't think aptitude testing would be enough for transfers because they come from factions that have no combat experience, for an instance. so how would they know what they're good at without training?

Jamie | 10984 comments Oh, good so our reading place is close to each other. I am just a couple chapters (16 or 17) ahead from where you were when you commented.

I agree about Al.

Jamie | 10984 comments (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Will you girls be reading Insurgent? I will join in if so :D

message 14: by Jamie (last edited Nov 08, 2014 07:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jamie | 10984 comments Yes, I plan to work through the whole trilogy. Seems like it will be about 2 weeks per book as we are halfway through the first one.

So please feel free to join in at any time, for any of the books :) I hope to have Divergent done in the next few days myself but so far the pacing is very open .

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Christina wrote: "Will you girls be reading Insurgent? I will join in if so :D"

Welcome aboard Christina :)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I'll join you guys for the second one, depending on when it is. Would one of you be able to message me when you've picked a date? :)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Victoria wrote: "I'll join you guys for the second one, depending on when it is. Would one of you be able to message me when you've picked a date? :)"

Ofc Victoria, i think we'll start Insurgent as soon as we finish Divergent..

Jamie | 10984 comments Just finished chapter 21 (view spoiler)

message 19: by ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (last edited Nov 11, 2014 11:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments I'm starting chapter 24 (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Finished chapter 28 (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10984 comments Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments OMG they have a trailer already for Insurgent? I definitely will be joining in :)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments I am done with Divergent

Ending (view spoiler)

Tell me what you think of the end Jamie????

Jamie | 10984 comments Sorry I wasn't able to comment sooner. Been extra busy.

(view spoiler)

I will be starting the next book tomorrow. Taking today to get caught up on a few things plus give others a day to get the book to join in :)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Jamie wrote: "Sorry I wasn't able to comment sooner. Been extra busy.

[spoilers removed]

I will be starting the next book tomorrow. Taking today to get caught up on a few things plus give others a day to get..."

Nice, i'm all ready :)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments I'll try and join you guys tomorrow too

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Finished chapter 10 last night (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments You guys want to reschedule Insurgent??????

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Sorry, I've been really busy recently with exams, and too many buddy reads! :) I have a lot of buddy reads next month too, so if you find other people to read with, don't wait for me

Christina | 4418 comments Hey ashwag I can do Insurgent but it'll have to be December (10?)

message 31: by ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (last edited Nov 28, 2014 03:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Christina wrote: "Hey ashwag I can do Insurgent but it'll have to be December (10?)"

Fine with me, i was actually checking if you guys wanna keep reading or not so I can start another book.. now i am free to put it on hold :)

Victoria wrote: "Sorry, I've been really busy recently with exams, and too many buddy reads! :) I have a lot of buddy reads next month too, so if you find other people to read with, don't wait for me"

It's alright Victoria.. i also have many series to read next month dropping it wouldn't be a problem.. best luck on your exams :)

Victoria Scott | 2393 comments Thanks! :)

Jamie | 10984 comments sorry, I haven't fully disappeared. Like Victoria like just hit me super hard and I fell behind on everything. I have only gotten through chapter 5 so far. (view spoiler) So if we want to put it on hold that is fine. :) Again sorry for the holdup. Until yesterday I didn't even have the time to post-Holiday work hours snuck up on me. So I can go either way now that the evil Black Friday weekend is over.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Jamie wrote: "sorry, I haven't fully disappeared. Like Victoria like just hit me super hard and I fell behind on everything. I have only gotten through chapter 5 so far. [spoilers removed] So if we want to ..."

Great, take your time to rest & catch up and we'll continue on Dec 10 :)

Christina | 4418 comments Will start tomorrow :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82890 comments Mod
Do you want me to change the thread to insurgent for the 10th?

Christina | 4418 comments Sarah yes please! Thank you

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82890 comments Mod
Sorted ☺

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 3- (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 7 - (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10984 comments Christina wrote: "Chapter 7 - [spoilers removed]"

Yea, that was disturbing! (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 9 - (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10984 comments Christina wrote: "Chapter 9 - So sad when Tris had to break the hard drive that contains the only pictures she has of her parents.

Since when did the factionless became so large that they can start a rebellion?
"

That is the type of things that happens when you overlook people.

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 11 - (view spoiler)

Jamie | 10984 comments 25% (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 16- (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 24 - (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 27- (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.