Who's Your Author? discussion

Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
This topic is about Archangel's Shadows
Member Buddy Reads > Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 26, 2014 10:05AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments

This topic is open for discussion of the Archangel's Shadows by Nalini Singh. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

Return to New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh’s sensual and painfully beautiful Guild Hunter world in her new novel of sacrifice, loyalty, and the choices of love that can shatter the heart.

In the wake of a brutal war, the archangel Raphael and his hunter consort, Elena, are dealing with the treacherously shifting tides of archangelic politics and the people of a battered but not broken city. The last thing their city needs is more death, especially a death that bears the eerie signature of an insane enemy archangel who cannot— should not—be walking the streets.

This hunt must be undertaken with stealth and without alerting their people. It must be handled by those who can become shadows themselves…

Ash is a gifted tracker and a woman cursed with the ability to sense the secrets of anyone she touches. But there’s one man she knows all too well without a single instant of skin contact: Janvier, the dangerously sexy Cajun vampire who has fascinated and infuriated her for years. Now, as they track down a merciless killer, their cat-and-mouse game of flirtation and provocation has turned into a profound one of the heart. And this time, it is Ash’s secret, dark and terrible, that threatens to destroy them both.

message 2: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 29, 2014 07:33AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I'm hoping someone is up for reading this with me.

photo archangelslegioncollage_zps289cf79c.jpg

This topic is open for discussion of Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh.

Synopsis:
Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) returns to an immortal world of violent passion and lethal power…on the brink of a deadly archangelic war.

Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael must discover the source of the wave of death before it engulfs their city and their people, leaving New York a ruin and Raphael’s Tower under siege by enemy archangels.

Yet even as they fight desperately to save the city, an even darker force is stirring, its chill eyes trained on New York…and on Raphael. Rivers of crimson and nightmares given flesh, the world will never again be the same…

Cheat Sheet

Cadre of Ten - the archangels that rule the world
Raphael - Archangel of North America (headquartered in New York)
Michaela - Archangel of Part of Europe (?)
Elijah - Archangel of South America
Lijuan - Archangel of China / Death / Considered a demigoddess in her homeland
Favashi - Archangel of Persia
Neha - Archangel of India /Queen of Snakes and poison
Astaad - Archangel of the Pacific Isles
Charisemnon - Indian Subcontinent
Titus - The African archangel
Uram - Ruled a chunk of Europe
----------------
Caliane - Archangel of Sumeria and Raphael's mom who until recently was in a state of Sleep

Guild Hunters -
Sara (head)
Elena Deveraux
Ashwini
Ransom Winterwolf
Demarco
Honor St. Nicholas
Vivek (technology head)

Rapael's Seven - combinations of vampires and angel's who protect Raphael and his territory
1 Dmitri (head) vampire made by Isis whom he later killed
2 Venom - Vampire made by Neha has snake eyes and venom, hence, the name
3 Aodhan - Angel
4 Jason - Angel; has a tattoo on his face; Considered Raphael's best spymaster
5 Illium aka Bluebell; Angel known for his beautiful blue wings and fascination with humans
6 Galen - weapons-master
7 Naasir -

Family trees and ties:
Deacon (dad) --> ZOE <-- Sara (mom)

Caliane (mom) --> Raphael <-- Nadiel(dad)

Sharine aka Hummingbird (mom) --> Illium

Jeffrey Deveraux (dad)---> Ari <--- Marguerite (mom)
Jeffrey Deveraux (dad)---> Belle <--- Marguerite(mom)
Jeffrey Deveraux (dad)---> Elena <--- Marguerite (mom)
Jeffrey Deveraux (dad)---> Beth <--- Marguerite (mom)
Jeffrey Deveraux (dad)---> Amethyst<--- Gwendolyn (mom)
Jeffrey Deveraux (dad)---> Evelyn <--- Gwendolyn (mom)

Harrison Ling (Vampire) married to Beth Deveraux

Dmitri (dad) ---> Misha <--- Ingrede (mom)
Dmitri (dad) ---> Rina <--- Ingrede (mom)

Eris (dad) --> Anoushka <-- Neha (mom)
Eris (dad) --> Mahiya <-- Nivriti (mom)

Neha <--Twins--> Nivriti (Dead ???)

Yaviel(dad) --> Jason <-- Aurelani(mom)

Terms:

Quiet - "a cold, inhumanly emotionless state caused by a specific use of his power" (AK)

Anshara - Deep healing sleep; Sometimes there's a change in a man after anshara. Can open an immortals mind.(AK)

Sleep - When angels hibernate; can be for centuries and can restore mental health "When angels have lived millennia, they sometimes choose to Sleep until such time as they feel compelled to wake." Secret places, hidden places, that was where angels slept when eternity became a burden.'(AK)

Protovampire -

Bloodborn - "are affected as the vampires are by overindulgence. He'll be lazy, sleepy,vulnerable." "Always kill another angel before devolving completely.

Cascade - "a confluence of time and certain critical events that has ignited a power surge in the cadre. Some will gain strength, while others will be reborn with new abilities. There is no way to predict the outcome, and many of these abilities will be erratic at best, have catastrophic effect at worst."

Interesting Facts:
- Archangels are not voted into their positions, they are transformed from angel to Archangel when their power gets to a certain level.
- There supposedly has never been more than 10 Archangels at a given time.
- While Archangel's determine who can be Made, each individual who wishes to become a vampire can choose the angel they wish to transform them, thereby, choosing who they'll serve for 100 years. (Sidenote: Makes you feel less sorry for how they're treated. Do your homework before petitioning.)
- When Archangel's Sleep, they loose their position in the cadre, but not their Archangel status. (Sidenote: Makes you wonder if they can only awaken when their is an open Cadre position?)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I will. I have the audio requested from the library and am first in line for it.

message 4: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I just looked at my library site and thought I'd see if I could get the audio too. To my horror, they don't even have this one slated yet. May need to make some inquires. They always have her books.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments With my library, they will order the physical book way before the e-book or downloadable audios. I have to stalk the sight to be first in line for them. lol

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments They don't even have the print version listed.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Not good! lol

This is when I go to the part of the site where you can request the library buy the book. I do that too often. :)

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments You are very lucky my library does not carry this series at all.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Well I got notice from the library the book was ready today, but when I downloaded it it wasn't the audio, but the e-book. Doesn't really matter to be, but I'll be reading it soon. lol

message 10: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I thought I had this pre-ordered, but could find no sign of the order. So I just bought it and downloaded it. I'll be starting it later today.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments ******** Spoilers Chapters 1 - 10

I really like how Elena is trying to humanize the Legion guys. I think it's funny when she succeeds, she isn't quite sure what to do. I think in the long run it will help the Legion feel like they matter.

Janvier and Ash are cute together. It's funny how they are a couple without really being a couple. What's funnier is that both seem to realize it.

I found the interaction between Ash and her brother to be so very awkward. I hope that we get more on their history and what happened.

The scene with the woman in the trash dumpster was heartbreaking. Bad enough that the woman was dead, but then for her to be in the condition that she was was horrible. I loved how the father and son reacted and tried to protect her even when there was no need.

I hated the sleezy vampire that seemed to push away his "cows". (What a horrible term!) It sounds like maybe the vampire was a good guy at one time, not so much any more. I really hope that something is done with the guy.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments ********** Spoilers Chapters 11 - 20

I loved the "guys" chess playing party. I loved how they all teased each other. It really show cases how the Seven have become a family.

With the dinner party Naasir has become a favorite. There is something about him that is charming. I like how Elena thinks of him as a tiger, its fits, but then part of his personality is like a puppy. Naasir's gift was perfect, even if a little odd. With the build up I thought it would be horrible. I also really love how Naasir treats the women that he consider's his or his groups, like Honor and Ash.

I love that Elena is going to remodel the building to better inhabit the Legion. I also loved how Elena explained being one and not being one to the Legion. Her analogy was spot on and simple enough that the Legion could understand. Although I did love that they wanted to let Elena in already.

Ash undercover at the club was funny. I really like how she is jealous of the attention that Janvier is getting.

message 13: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments I am actually reading in time with other people how exciting for me!!!

Chapter 1-9

Let me start by saying I had no idea this was going to be a multi-POV book. I went in expecting Rapheal and Elena then the book started with Janvier and Ashwini and I was honestly a little sad. Now that I am a few chapters in I actually like how she laid the book out sort of the aftermath of the last book.

I am a bit concerend about Illium and I would like to know how his power has increased and when he will get his own book.

I thought the scene with Elena and Titrus was funny. "I am delighted to speak to you" oh boy poor Elena that does not even sound like her. Like Darcy I thought the scene with the Legion guys are both funny and interesting. I like how in tune Elena and Raphael are with others - Raphael knowing the butler is having a fling and how Elena while freaked out by the Legion guys is trying to help them fit in.

I have never really liked Ash she seems to be a hard ass for no reason. I am hoping we finally understand why she seems to push back so much on Janvier. It would also be interesting to understand what the deal is between Ash and her brother.

The "cows" are so cultish and just sad. Who here thinks they are being mistreated? BTW their outfits sounded like the worst.

message 14: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Darcy wrote: "..I found the interaction between Ash and her brother to be so very awkward. I hope that we get more on their history and what happened..."

Me too

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "I am actually reading in time with other people how exciting for me!!!

Chapter 1-9

I thought the scene with Elena and Titrus was funny. "I am delighted to speak to you" oh boy poor Elena that does not even sound like her. Like Darcy I thought the scene with the Legion guys are both funny and interesting. I like how in tune Elena and Raphael are with others - Raphael knowing the butler is having a fling and how Elena while freaked out by the Legion guys is trying to help them fit in."

I thought the bit with Titus was great. These vampires are going to be stunned with what a block party is. I really hope that we get that in a book, either this one or the next. I also loved the bit with the butler, Montgomery.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "I am actually reading in time with other people how exciting for me!!!

Chapter 1-9

Let me start by saying I had no idea this was going to be a multi-POV book. I went in expecting Rapheal and Elena then the book started with Janvier and Ashwini and I was honestly a little sad. Now that I am a few chapters in I actually like how she laid the book out sort of the aftermath of the last book."

I don't mind it. I like that we get more with the past couples.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments ********* Spoilers Chapters 21 - 30

It seems like Umber is becoming a big problem. I hated what happened at the club, hate that Lacey, who seemed so nice met such a bad end. I have a feeling it will come out that the person behind the drug is a bored vampire, one who thought up the drug for the fun of watching the chaos.

I'm really glad that Ash and Janvier learned who Felicity was. How sad is it that every person they talk to really loved her. When they get around to the funeral there are going to be a lot of people there for her.

So we get Ash's past and in a straight forward manner. I can see why she hides so much. I think I would be like her and think of it as a family curse and wonder when I was slated to go crazy too. I get that Ash's brother was trying to protect her, but he did a horseshit job. I'm a bit surprised that Ash forgave him.

message 18: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments @ Darcy re: multiple pov I admit I am really enjoying it.

I love Nassir he is so funny

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "I love Nassir he is so funny"

I can't wait for his book. To see the woman that will think all of Nassir is cute.

message 20: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Darcy, You're reading so fast. I'm almost 25% in and then I'll comment. :)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Darcy, You're reading so fast. I'm almost 25% in and then I'll comment. :)"

I do read pretty fast. Not sure how much I'll get to today as I work both jobs. I might have some free time during the day.

message 22: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Dang it GR deleted my comments.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I managed to squeeze in a couple of chapters before work this morning. I wasn't going to comment until I read more, but on the drive in came up with a theory.

*************** Spoliers Chapters 31 - 32

I loved the fighting scene with Naasir and Elena. They seemed like they were having so much fun! I liked the comments that Dimitri and Raphael made, especially about who would be the perfect woman for Naasir.

Now onto my theory. I think what was done with Felicia and to the new woman is how the drug Umber is being made. Dimitri mentioned that the drug is organic and what would be more organic that human essence.

I also wonder if the person behind the drug is the vampire that had the "cows" from earlier. He is smart and has medical background, plus a disregard for human life, especially women.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Dang it GR deleted my comments."

I hate it when that happens. If I have a long one I do a control copy before posting. I've gotten burned too many times.

message 25: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Okay, I think I remembered everything...

**********Comments on Chapters 1 - 12 ****************

As the book began, I thought perhaps Ash would be changed into a vamp. I like how we get too see all the what a guild hunter encounters, in regards to vamps, on the job. It's no wonder she doesn't care to become one. She sees them at their worst. I can't see her changing her mind, but we'll see where Nalini takes this story line. It looks like she would have quite a few friends who stick around with her, however.

I agree that Janvier and Ash are a cute couple. I remember Eleana making a comment about the two in an earlier book so its fun to actually see these two interact. I like how they look out for each other and get jealous so easily.

I had no clue to Dmitri and Naasir's relationship. Is Naasir an angel? I may need to check to see if they said. I can't imagine someone turning a child, so I'm guessing he's not a vamp. I laughed at the thought of a little angel stalking and trying to scare Dmitri. Too funny.

I admit I've been worried about Illium for some time. I hope the next book is his. I'd like him to get a HEA.

I'd like to know what happened between Ash and her brother. Also, what was he doing making a house call?

It's not the first time I've heard the term cow used to describe the people who let vamps feed off them. I don't know if the vamp abused his blood family, but keeping them from fulfilling their dreams and reaching their potential is cruel. Especially when you so easily discard them when you bore of them.

I wonder who the woman is the dumpster was? Could she have been in the wrong place at the wrong time? It sounds like something evil is stalking the streets.

I liked how the father and son acted in regards to the murder victim. They do seem like nice people.

It is interesting the way Eleana handled the Legion. Very creative. I can't wait to see her interaction with Titus.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments *********** Spoilers Chapters 33 - 40

HA! I was right on part of my theory. Giorgio is in on it and has ties to the evil bitch we all wish was dead. I'm a bit stunned that the drug Umber is made of angel blood, really didn't see that coming.

I hate it when a man is a "monster" in books, like Giorgio, but why does it seem so much worse when he has a woman helping him like Penelope? I think she needs to be killed in a very slow and painful way!

I love the idea that Elena came up with the media and working with them, even better is that Raphael and Dimitri listened and thought it was a good idea too. Loved the quip from Raphael to Dimitri after he saw how good things were working.

I find Elena's actions when she learned her mother-in-law was visiting to be sweet. I think she took the MIL by surprise, something I'm sure doesn't really happen all that often.

message 27: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Finished so spoilers from chapter 10 to the end

I really enjoyed this one!

Going into the book I was not really a fan of Ash but after this story I am still not her greatest fan but I like her at least. I thought her story was interesting and the somewhat broken bond between her siblings I thought was sad but yet you could see how someone would think they are protecting a love one but in reality you were alienating them.

Her twin siblings passing together was bitter sweet. It was nice that got to spend their last moments in happiness. They remind me of my cousins so their story seemed extra special I think.

Also weird comment but her timeline from breaking out of the "hospital" to coming to the guild seemed a bit off. Was it just me?

I have always loved the the seven but in this book they really shined. I really like how they all interacted together playing chess or whatever. I thought it was really awesome how they all seem to include lower level vamps and it is like family not at all alienating like you would imagine in a hierarchical structure.

While I did not have as many moments as I would have liked with the lovely Elena and Raphael they still managed to warm heart! How funny was it when Caliane just drops in. The line is something like "Damn it Honor, what do I do with an Ancient mother-in-law who thinks I am a bug?" LOL Then poor Elena has to do remedial angel etiquette classes. Funny how Titus has already figured out she will never be a Miss Manners lol. It was also interesting to see him call Raphael a pup lols not many people or angels do that I am sure. But all in all I am glad to see Elena fitting in as who she is.

It was also interesting to see Raphael from Ash's POV. We know he is somewhat spooky but I kind of forgot that because I always see him through the seven or Elena so that was quite interesting.

The one who stole the show for me in this book is totally Naasir. I loved the gift and how he feeds meat to Venom, Illium and Aodhan because he sees them as cubs or kids lol. Then Caliane is trying to civilize him, and he is like yada yada yada can't happen but I can try sometimes. I cannot wait until he finds his own mate to share secrets with awww. Ironic thing is no matter how other he is all the women want him I remember thinking how odd he would feeds from angels. Last thing is was his innocence that took me by surprise and that he seems to see Dmitri as a bit of a father figure. How funny too when he is stabbed and the only think he is upset about is the shirt that Honor gave him.

I am also glad to learn more about Aodhan and what does Janvier have on him to make him his errand boy. It is good to see "Sparkle" come out of his shell. I love how he has the kind of dead pan humor.

As for the actual plot I guess I was so caught up in the characters I honestly did not think Giorgio was going to be the monster. And geez Lijuan will not go away UGG she keeps leaving pieces of herself behind.

I also think it is intetesting that Raphael is growing if you will and I wonder what it will mean that he chooses to share his power. Like will that ultimately make him stronger, or make his people stronger and more loyal thus making him stronger. And why were his wings burning?

That is all I can think of right now sorry if this is really disjointed.

message 28: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Dang it GR deleted my comments."

That happened to me last night when I was trying to port before I went to sleep. It really burns my gun you know!

message 29: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Darcy wrote: "********* Spoilers Chapters 21 - 30

...I'm really glad that Ash and Janvier learned who Felicity was. How sad is it that every person they talk to really loved her. When they get around to the funeral there are going to be a lot of people there for her.
..."

It was so sad when we met the super who seemed like he really loved her. I wonder if all of those people will become friends through this tragedy?

So we get Ash's past and in a straight forward manner. I can see why she hides so much. I think I would be like her and think of it as a family curse and wonder when I was slated to go crazy too. I get that Ash's brother was trying to protect her, but he did a horseshit job. I'm a bit surprised that Ash forgave him.

Ash seems to have a big heart which is why she annoys me it is like oh come on tough as nails you are a big softie just admit it and cuddle (with gloves on). I think I was just glad we finally understand why she acts the way she does.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments *********** Spoilers Chapters 41 - end

I liked that the bad guys were caught, even love that Raphael is going to let the survivors decide the punishment. It is only fitting!

The block party went off without a hitch and it seemed like everyone had a good time. I love that Titus was out randomly kissing women, so funny! I found Ash and Naasir's conversation to be interesting. Naasir's take on relationships is definitely unique, yet fitting. I liked that Elena did what she could with the injured to bring the party to them. I also love her decision of who her 2 new guards should be.

I thought that Janvier's talk with Keir was a good one. It made Ash's siblings death have some good. I'm torn with what I feel there. Part of me is happy for them, they don't have to deal with the horribleness of things, but another part of me feels like it is selfish. In the end though I'm glad with the choice that Ash made.

message 31: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Oct 29, 2014 11:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Okay, I think I remembered everything...

**********Comments on Chapters 1 - 12 ****************

As the book began, I thought perhaps Ash would be changed into a vamp. I like how we get too see al..."

Good point about Ash always seeing vamps at their worst.

Naasir is a vampire but he is also other and I cannot wait to find out what exactly.

And YEAH why did he make the house call?? (meaning the brother???)

message 32: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Darcy wrote: "*********** Spoilers Chapters 33 - 40

...I hate it when a man is a "monster" in books, like Giorgio, but why does it seem so much worse when he has a woman helping him like Penelope? I think she needs to be killed in a very slow and painful way!..."

I so agree and you know again never saw that coming. What a witch to turn on your own like that!

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "Finished so spoilers from chapter 10 to the end

"Damn it Honor, what do I do with an Ancient mother-in-law who thinks I am a bug?""

I laughed at that, but it was fitting!

Dawn wrote: "The one who stole the show for me in this book is totally Naasir. I loved the gift and how he feeds meat to Venom, Illium and Aodhan because he sees them as cubs or kids lol. Then Caliane is trying to civilize him, and he is like yada yada yada can't happen but I can try sometimes. I cannot wait until he finds his own mate to share secrets with awww. Ironic thing is no matter how other he is all the women want him I remember thinking how odd he would feeds from angels. Last thing is was his innocence that took me by surprise and that he seems to see Dmitri as a bit of a father figure. How funny too when he is stabbed and the only think he is upset about is the shirt that Honor gave him."

I totally agree with you about Naasir. It seems like if you make it into his inner circle there isn't anything that he will do for you.

Dawn wrote: "I also think it is intetesting that Raphael is growing if you will and I wonder what it will mean that he chooses to share his power. Like will that ultimately make him stronger, or make his people stronger and more loyal thus making him stronger. And why were his wings burning?"

You bring up some good points here. I think he will do things for the better of his people, but his wings, not sure what was going on there.

message 34: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments One last thought or question at the end of the last book when the Legion show up it is Raphael who commands them and I think he will be able to their power or absorb it or something like that.

So I wonder if Elena's comment about them being the same buy still unique will mean in the future they may choose to become individuals instead of having to go back to the earth until they are called again?

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "So I wonder if Elena's comment about them being the same buy still unique will mean in the future they may choose to become individuals instead of having to go back to the earth until they are called again?"

Good points. I can see them being spun off in their own series or getting to the point of one of them developing their own personality and getting a book in this series.

message 36: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "So I wonder if Elena's comment about them being the same buy still unique will mean in the future they may choose to become individuals instead of having to go back to the earth until ..."

There seems to be one or two that are already a little unique.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "There seems to be one or two that are already a little unique."

Yes, and I think with Elena giving them permission with her tree comment there will be more.

message 38: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Darcy wrote: "*********** Spoilers Chapters 41 - end

I liked that the bad guys were caught, even love that Raphael is going to let the survivors decide the punishment. It is only fitting!
..."

The best part is when Elena is like what if they want mercy and Raphael is like ok then I will show them mercy as they will live out the rest of their lives in barren cells underground
WOW archangel that is rough ...fitting but rough somehow I don't imagine luxuries like food or bedding.

Do you get the feeling Elena is creating her own seven??

The ending with Ash was totally bitter sweet.

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "*********** Spoilers Chapters 41 - end

The best part is when Elena is like what if they want mercy and Raphael is like ok then I will show them mercy as they will live out the rest of their lives in barren cells underground
WOW archangel that is rough ...fitting but rough somehow I don't imagine luxuries like food or bedding."

Yeah, for sure!

Dawn wrote:"Do you get the feeling Elena is creating her own seven??"

I think in time they could be that. What I really like is that Elena is picking young ones like her. They all will grow together, bonding them tighter.

message 40: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments ***************SPOILERS FOR 13 TO THE END***************

So Naasir is a vampire with a feline vibe to him. Sounds similar to what we saw with Venom, but I wonder how a feline mix came into play? I can't help but wonder will he be a link to the Psy/Changeling series? Perhaps a changeling and a newly made vampire had a child?

I also liked how Elena sees each of the Legion as individuals. I find it interesting that they are connected as they are.

I did not like the suicide like pack Ash's siblings had. Maybe Elena should have had a talk with them too (well at least the brother) about individuality.

I also didn't like what Ash's brother did to her. It sounded like he checked her in and never checked to see how she was doing and if it was the right thing.

Ash's secret was heartbreaking. Strange that only the woman apparently inherit the problem. It sounds like something that could affect both sexes.

I enjoyed the bad guys getting caught and the mystery of it all.

One thing that bothered me about Janvier, is that he's hundreds of years old, but I didn't get that vibe from him. Did they mention any type of accent? Also, was he part of Raphael's seven? I don't think I have him listed as one. So did he just work for the tower?

I'm guessing Sorrow will be the love interest in the next book. Nalini didn't want us to forget about her.