YA Addicted Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > October Swap

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Our theme for October! Horror, Spooky, Paranormal, Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, Ghouls, Goblins!! HALLOWEEN!!!!

Remember: The bookmark can revolve around a particular book as long as it fits the theme for the month.

Here is what you need to do in order to participate (PLEASE READ):

1. If you would like to participate in this month's bookmark swap, please leave me a comment here with the following info:

a. whether you are willing to send internationally or not
b. if I already have you contact info
c. and list, at most, your FIVE favorite books that revolve around spooky, paranormal or Horror in general. If you do not have a preference just let us know that also.

2. If I already have your contact info, then you don’t have to worry about this. But if I don’t, please send me a message with:

a. your full name
b. address
c. and an e-mail address we can contact you with (for just in case)

3. You have until October 7th to sign up.

4. When sign-ups are over I will come back here and post the list of who is sending a bookmark to whom, and I will also send each of you the address of the person you are sending to in a message. I promise I will double check and make sure you don’t get the same person 2 times in a row! lol

5. Now knowing who you are sending a bookmark to, you will check out the list of favorites given by your chosen person. (Do not let them know what you have chosen to send. Let it be a surprise! That's the fun part)

6. You will have until September 21st to buy/make your themed bookmark. Your bookmark should be sent out by/around this date.

7. Then you will come back here to let us know when you sent out your bookmark and when you receive yours.

8. When you receive your bookmark feel free to post a picture here!

If you have any questions feel free to let me know :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I'm in! Anyone else?

message 3: by Beth (last edited Oct 02, 2019 09:33AM) (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I'm in!

I'll just say I love spooky season, but spooky books I'm indifferent. But anything cute/spooky is good!

message 4: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Yes! I’m in

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4096 comments Mod
I'm in

a. whether you are willing to send internationally or not
Sure, not all the time but once and awhile not a problem.
b. if I already have you contact info
I actually dont think you do, I'll send you it now.
c. and list, at most, your FIVE favorite books that revolve around spooky, paranormal or Horror in general. If you do not have a preference just let us know that also.
Anything paranormal/spooky is awesome. Some of my faves of the genre are Rolling in the Deep Lightning Anna Dressed in Blood Rosemary and Rue

message 6: by Orabelle (new)

Orabelle Rose | 3 comments I’m in! I don’t think I can ship internationally though. I also don’t have a preference for books. I can send you my address

message 7: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Ok 5 books that revolve that spooky/paranormal etc.....

1. Coraline - Neil Gaiman
2. Skellig - David Almond
3. Promise Not to Tell - Jennifer McMahon

I can’t think of others!

message 8: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Oh and I can’t ship internationally again, unfortunately

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments yay! so glad to have you all join us! Don't forget to send me your address info if you haven't already. Anyone else??

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Anyone else? The list will go out next week. I am really excited for this month!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments My list:

I adore anything paranormal especially witches, vampires and ghosts! I cannot think of any books specifically.

message 12: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Oh, I didn’t really put a list...:I love Halloween..... Supernatural, Hocus Pocus, Harry Potter, witches, ghosts, and of course the candy are all parts of Halloween I love. And as always anything Disney dressed up Halloween-ish....

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments OKAY LADIES, HERE IS WHOM WILL BE SENDING TO WHOM:

Brittany to Heather
Heather to Orabelle
Beth to Caitlin
Caitlin to Brittany
Orabelle to Beth

I hope that I covered everyone. If not, please let me know! You have until October 23rd to send your bookmarks!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Orabelle! Your bookmark is ordered and on it's way:)

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Sounds good Heather, I'll get yours figured out and sent in the next couple days

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I ordered yours, Caitlin! Hope you like it!

message 17: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Brittany yours will be going out on Friday!

message 18: by Brittany (new)

Sounds great! Look forward to seeing it :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "Sounds good Heather, I'll get yours figured out and sent in the next couple days"

Yay! I am super excited:)

message 20: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Brittany just ordered yours and sent it directly to you! :D

message 21: by Brittany (new)

Thank you!
Heather Im sorry yours isnt out yet. We had a massive snow storm and well, life happened. Ill get it soon though!

message 22: by Orabelle (new)

Orabelle Rose | 3 comments Hi Beth! I'm working on making yours but I've been super busy so I might not be able to ship it out for a bit. If it doesn't work out, I will order something. Sorry it won't be there as soon as you might have hoped...

message 23: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Beth, I love it! My sister was actually jealous because she also is a Supernatural fan so I told her she could use it while I’m using another bookmark for my current book! 😆😆

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "Thank you!
Heather Im sorry yours isnt out yet. We had a massive snow storm and well, life happened. Ill get it soon though!"

Hi Britt, no problem at all!

message 25: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments Orabelle wrote: "Hi Beth! I'm working on making yours but I've been super busy so I might not be able to ship it out for a bit. If it doesn't work out, I will order something. Sorry it won't be there as soon as you..."

No worries at all! I'm just excited to see what it is :D

Caitlin wrote: "Beth, I love it! My sister was actually jealous because she also is a Supernatural fan so I told her she could use it while I’m using another bookmark for my current book! 😆😆"

I'm so glad you like it! I LOVE Supernatural so as soon as I saw that on your list of stuff I knew I was going to go for that one! Are you tuning into the last season?

message 26: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Honestly, I’m so behind... probably not! Eventually I will though!

message 27: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments It's so intense and it's only been one episode! You should get caught up so you can watch it!

message 28: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 1972 comments Mod
Ahem, hi 😅 Just barging in to say that I, too, am a Supernatural fan. Lol. The premier was last week, right? I've been meaning to watch it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I'm kinda nervous, especially because it's the last season. That thing Chuck did in the season finale though, oh man! 😩

message 29: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments Dude, it gets WORSE!!! Like, #1 Chuck is the worst and #2 CHUCK IS THE WORST!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "Ahem, hi 😅 Just barging in to say that I, too, am a Supernatural fan. Lol. The premier was last week, right? I've been meaning to watch it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I'm kinda n..."

Hey Lili! Just barge in any time:) lol We like anyone that wants to chat about Supernatural!!!

message 31: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (last edited Oct 16, 2019 04:08PM) (new)

Thanks Heather 😅 Lol. Beth that does not make me feel better. Lol. I will definitely get to it some time this week! Oh! I wonder if Amara will make a reappearance??

message 32: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I bet she will. This spoiler is not for those who haven't seen s14. (view spoiler)

message 33: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Weiss (caitlin320xo) | 69 comments Brittany, have you gotten yours yet??!

message 34: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Beth wrote: "I bet she will. This spoiler is not for those who haven't seen s14. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Orabelle, did you receive your bookmark?

message 36: by Beth (last edited Oct 18, 2019 06:15AM) (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I did see that, Lili! I really hope he comes back! (view spoiler)

message 37: by Brittany (new)

Caitlin wrote: "Brittany, have you gotten yours yet??!"

Not yet unless it came today!

message 38: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Beth wrote: "I did see that, Lili! I really hope he comes back! I really...

Yes! I finally watched the premiere and the second episode tonight! I hope it's okay, but I moved our conversation to this thread here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... I totally forgot this thread existed 😅 lol

message 39: by Orabelle (new)

Orabelle Rose | 3 comments I did get mine today! Thank you Heather!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Orabelle wrote: "I did get mine today! Thank you Heather!"

Great! Your Welcome!

message 41: by Brittany (last edited Oct 25, 2019 09:59PM) (new)

I got mine! Its lovely! Thanks :)
If I remember I'll post a picture at some point.

message 42: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments Awwh, Orabelle, I love mine! I just got mine this week and it's so sweet! I like how it's handmade with love. It's already being put to use :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.