YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Chatter > Movies and TV

Comments Showing 1-50 of 169 (169 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Thought it would be nice to have a thread about movies and TV so we can talk about what we are watching as well as reading.

I'm currently watching Outlander and am absolutely loving it

message 2: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Oooh fun!

I just finished watching Luke Cage season 2 on Netflix and I really liked it! I actually liked it a bit more than I did season 2 of Jessica Jones. I also started watching a ton of true crime stuff for some reason. Lol. Yesterday I was watching The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer and it was super interesting! They think they might have cracked his most infamous cipher!

message 3: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ooh I’d love the hunt for the zodiac killer. I love watching stuff on serial killers. I just find it all fascinating.

message 4: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Me too! In that case you might also like American Ripper. That one is about a descendant of H.H. Holmes who theorizes that his ancestor might have been Jack the Ripper! Hence American Ripper. It was super interesting!

CrazyAsACupcake I'm currently on season 6 of The Office (US) (1st time watching), season 5 of How I Met Your Mother (3rd/4th time watching), season 7 of Greys Anatomy (1st time watching this season), Code Black (caught up), The Handmaid's Tale (caught up), season 1 of Malcolm in the Middle (1st time watching), and I think (hope) that's it.

I've also been watching a documentary series(ish) on YouTube - the channel's called Female Killers and it's basically got little 15 minute documentaries on female murderers. If you're into stuff like that I think it'd be cool to check out :)

message 6: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

CrazyAsACupcake wrote: "I'm currently on season 6 of The Office (US) (1st time watching), season 5 of How I Met Your Mother (3rd/4th time watching), season 7 of Greys Anatomy (1st time watching this season), Code Black (c..."

You've been busy! Lol.

I do love that stuff! I will have to check it out! It sounds interesting!

message 7: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ooh I have the handmaids tale to watch. Planning on starting it after I’m caught up on outlander.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4910 comments Mod
I have barely watched anything lately. I am watching How I Met Your Mother, I never saw the whole thing and havent seen the last episode so I decided to binge through it. On season 5 or 6 currently.

Otherwise I have a ton of shows to watch and who knows where I will start. TV takes away from reading time.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I have not really watched anything lately. My kids are addicted to Grey's Anatomy and we watch it CONSTANTLY!!! I have to keep reminding them that this is not how a real hospital runs. lol!

I like to spend most of my free time reading...since I have soooooo many books to read!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Molder | 7 comments I watch a lot of shows, way too many to count but right now I started Sherlock and Downton Abbey and loving them both. Has anyone else watched them?

message 11: by theo (new)

theo  | 3 comments Okay, so I just finished the first season of Marvel's Runaways and I can't even form enough words to describe this mindf*** of a series.
I mean, what the hell? I thought we would get some much-needed answers, instead, we GOT MORE QUESTIONS. Anyone else watched this? I really need someone to hype with.

message 12: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Shirayuki wrote: "Okay, so I just finished the first season of Marvel's Runaways and I can't even form enough words to describe this mindf*** of a series.
I mean, what the hell? I thought we would get some much-need..."

I did!! It was sooo good! I watched it a while back when it was coming out episode by episode, so I don't remember the ending too well. Lol.

message 13: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 2 comments Sarah wrote: "I watch a lot of shows, way too many to count but right now I started Sherlock and Downton Abbey and loving them both. Has anyone else watched them?"

I haven't watched Sherlock, but I've seen a lot of Downton Abbey episodes (the costumes in the first few seasons are gorgeous).

Did you see they're making a movie? I'm not sure it's a good idea...

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Molder | 7 comments Natalia Heaney wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I watch a lot of shows, way too many to count but right now I started Sherlock and Downton Abbey and loving them both. Has anyone else watched them?"

I haven't watched Sherlock, but ..."

I didn't know they were making a movie. It's never a good idea to make a movie after a shows over but you never know.

message 15: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 2 comments Sarah wrote: "I didn't know they were making a movie. It's never a good idea to make a movie after a shows over but you never know."

I haven't..."

They announced it on Friday with the picture below, and it seems they're filming it right now.

photo welcome20back20to20downton20we_re20thrilled20to20announce20that20_downtonabbey20is20coming20to20the20big20screen_20film20pro_zpsfb3nyrwe.jpg

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments I'm not watching anything new at the moment, rewatching the last season of Sherlock as it just came out on Netflix and Brooklyn Nine Nine.

message 17: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I’ve just started watching The Flash from the beginning. I love DC superhero shows.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Molder | 7 comments Natalia Heaney wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I didn't know they were making a movie. It's never a good idea to make a movie after a shows over but you never know."

I haven't..."

They announced it on Friday with the picture bel..."

That's a nice picture. Hopefully it turns out okay.

message 19: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Oh the CW superhero shows are great, Kayleigh! I love them. I think my favorite is definitely The Flash! But Black Lightning was amazing too!

message 20: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I’ve already seen all of The Flash but they’ve started repeating it on tv so thought why not rewatch? Lol

message 21: by theo (new)

theo  | 3 comments Liliana wrote: "Shirayuki wrote: "Okay, so I just finished the first season of Marvel's Runaways and I can't even form enough words to describe this mindf*** of a series.
I mean, what the hell? I thought we would ..."

Yeesh, finally someone I can talk to that about. Would it bother you if we continue our fangirling per mails?

Oh, and Kayleigh, The Flash is absolutely amazing! I think the first season was the BEST (just take Dr. Wells tho, I was so IMPRESSED by his acting), the second was a bit slow, but the third rushed by so fast (pun intended ) that I didn't even get it that an episode was over until it was xD

message 22: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I've seen all of The Flash before, I'm just rewatching them :)

message 23: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Shirayuki wrote: "Liliana wrote: "Shirayuki wrote: "Okay, so I just finished the first season of Marvel's Runaways and I can't even form enough words to describe this mindf*** of a series.
I mean, what the hell? I t..."

Sure! You can message me here on GR if you want :)

message 24: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Has any one been watching anything interesting lately?

I'm currently watching Outlander. I have 2 episodes of Season 3 left and don't know what I will do with myself after I've finished LOL.

I'm also off to see The Darkest Minds movie on Friday and I am super excited. Especially since I am reading the series currently.

message 25: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

So I went to see The Darkest Minds movie and I really loved it. Such a fantastic take on the book. They stuck pretty close to the book which made me happy. I hope it does well as I'd love to see the others books as movies.

message 26: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "So I went to see The Darkest Minds movie and I really loved it. Such a fantastic take on the book. They stuck pretty close to the book which made me happy. I hope it does well as I'd love to see th..."

I am so glad to hear that! I haven't read the book (yet) but I've been wanting to see the movie because it just looks really interesting! I'm so happy to hear that this is actually a good adaptation!

message 27: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Gwyneth - I loved both :)

Has anyone watched the TV adaptation of A Discovery of Witches? I haven't read the books but I am loving the TV series.

message 28: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4910 comments Mod
I have not I have the audio of it to listen to but its so long I've never gotten around to it.

message 29: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Beth and I were talking about Supernatural in another thread, so if anyone wants to hop in on that convo, feel free! Or let us know what you're currently watching.

As for Supernatural, I just finished watching the season 15 premiere 😬 (view spoiler)

Beth, let me know when/if you've watched episode 2 because there are some character appearances I would love to talk about! 😁 But so far I am really enjoying this season, even though it is hurting me deep in my soul 😩😅

message 30: by Beth (last edited Oct 19, 2019 07:50AM) (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I haven't had the time to watch it yet, but I will definitely be able to watch it this weekend at some point. I agree with everything you said (view spoiler)

All in all, it's safe to say the boys have a long, or short road ahead of them this season. I'll let you know for sure when I watch this week's episode.

message 31: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

(view spoiler)

I can't wait to see what you think of episode 2! I really enjoyed it!

message 32: by Beth (last edited Oct 22, 2019 09:48AM) (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments Oh my gosh! I loved episode 2! (view spoiler)

I can't wait until episode 3!

message 33: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

It was awesome, right? (view spoiler)

message 34: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I know right! You are 100% expressing every feeling I had. (view spoiler)

I can't wait to see how this season plays out, but I don't want it to ever end. Mixed emotions for sure. Episode three is going to be a wild ride!

message 35: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I actually have no idea how you spell Ketch (?) I've seen it spelled a couple different ways sooo idk. Lol. Your theory about Amara is interesting... I can't wait to see how things turn out!

message 36: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments OMG!! This week's episode has me all kinds of discombobulated!! A few of my theories have been stabbed with an angel blade... Have you watched it yet?

message 37: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Yes! And girl, I have thoughts! I am not okay 😩

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I agree, I thought this season was going in a completely different direction! (view spoiler)

message 39: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I think you may be right about the Chuck/Amara thing. But I guess we'll see how things turn out. I'm really hoping to see Adam though!

message 40: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments Same!

message 41: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments A little mad that they postponed the episode this week. It would have been the perfect show to have on Halloween! But this week's is going to be EPIC!

message 42: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I was looking for it last week and I thought I was going insane when I couldn't find it. Lol. Have you seen it yet? Because omg I can't believe who showed up!

message 43: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I have and I’m SO MAD! I officially think Chuck is the worst

message 44: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Seriously! I can't believe what he did, and after she helped him, too! Ugh! I wonder what awfulness he will do in today's episode...

message 45: by Beth (new)

Beth (coffee114) | 130 comments I'm not ready for it... I have to watch it tomorrow because of my schedule. (view spoiler)

message 46: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Yeah, I'll probably watch it some time this weekend.

Me too Beth! He is just so petty! (view spoiler)

message 47: by Carl (new)

Carl (lazarusreads) | 74 comments What show are you all talking about?

message 48: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Supernatural!

message 49: by Carl (new)

Carl (lazarusreads) | 74 comments Wow, I’ve only seen like 3 seasons I think, I know, I’m a disgrace 😂 Sam and Dean though 😍

message 50: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Nah, dude, that show is loooong. Totally understandable 😂 I'm really sad that season 15 is the last season though... I'm gonna miss Sam and Dean 😭

« previous 1 3 4