The BFG The BFG discussion

The BFG

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sehyun (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sehyun The BFG is so fun!

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen agh this is such a classic! i read it a long time ago, but roald dahl is a wonderful writer. i really enjoyed Matilda too. ^^

Brenda the book:the bfg, rules all of the other books by roald dahl.it is sooo good!!!

Brigid ✩ luv this book! :D

message 5: by Martha (new)

Martha Ditto! In fact, I *dare* someone to post and say that they didn't love it!

Becky not me
i love the BFG

Alexandria so do i!:):):):):):):):)

Becky !!!! :)

Alexandria what was your favorite part???:)

Becky umm... when sophie was sitting on the windsill and the queen woke up!

Alexandria mine was when sophie was with the bfg

Becky yeah

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ i luv when the bfg explains how he makes dreams

Becky thats a cool part!

Alexandria i know, right!?

Becky yeah

message 17: by TrumanCoyote (last edited Apr 26, 2011 08:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

TrumanCoyote Brenda wrote: "the book:the bfg, rules all of the other books by roald dahl.it is sooo good!!!"

I don't know about that...I think lots of his stuff is up there with BFG (the dude was one talented pensmith).

message 18: by A.W. (new) - rated it 4 stars

A.W. Ronald Dahl is just one of those writers you can't but help love as a child. Even now I admire his creativity. Who else would think of such a wonderful thing? :)

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda i haven't read this in years. I must read all of Dahl's books again actually. They were so much fun when I was a kid. I'm guessing they still would be. James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the chocolate Factory will always be my faves.

Mas5thgrade2012 LOL I LOVE THIS BOOK.. I LOVE ALL ROAL DAUL BOOKS@!1 THE BFG STANDS FOR THE-BIG-FRIENDLY-GIANT!! I NOTICED THAT WHEN I READ IT!1 I HAVENT READ JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH YET THOUGH!! CAN SOMONE GIVE ME A SUMMERY OF WHAT ITS ABOUT!! PLZ -CANDYLOVER51

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Mas5thgrade2012 wrote: "LOL I LOVE THIS BOOK.. I LOVE ALL ROAL DAUL BOOKS@!1 THE BFG STANDS FOR THE-BIG-FRIENDLY-GIANT!! I NOTICED THAT WHEN I READ IT!1 I HAVENT READ JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH YET THOUGH!! CAN SOMONE GIV..."
Basically, James lives with his two aunts who are really horrible to him. He finds a giant peach and goes inside where he meets a variety of insects such as a centipede, earthworm and grasshopper. They go on an adventure across the Atlantic.

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

message 22: by Qian (new) - rated it 5 stars

Qian super funny!

Sophie ☞Proud☜ wrote: "i luv when the bfg explains how he makes dreams"
My favourite part too, the part about dreams was wonderful. Also the beginning part about the witching hour and everyone is asleep. When i was younger the beginning of the book sounded really scary and spooky. Such a great book from my childhood, probably the best Roald Dahl book i have read.

Alsjem I love Roald Dahl's children's books but this one is my favourite.

Hanny I looooooooooooove this book

Claire i lllllllllllllllooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee the bbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Adham amazing how wonderfully the BFG's English turned out in the End

message 28: by Somerandom (last edited Jun 13, 2013 04:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Somerandom Omg the BFG was one of my favorite books as a child. It was so creative and fun. Love Roald Dahl. A staple for any child.