Start by marking “The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)

The Hand on the Wall

(Truly Devious #3)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  28,734 ratings  ·  4,612 reviews
Ellingham Academy must be cursed. Three people are now dead. One, a victim of either a prank gone wrong or a murder. Another, dead by misadventure. And now, an accident in Burlington has claimed another life. All three in the wrong place at the wrong time. All at the exact moment of Stevie’s greatest triumph . . .

She knows who Truly Devious is. She’s solved it. The greates
Published January 21st 2020 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Hand on the Wall, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sarah Yeah, definitely. Even if <spoiler> Stevie didn't want the money, she could have turned it down but still revealed the truth </spoiler>. …moreYeah, definitely. Even if <spoiler> Stevie didn't want the money, she could have turned it down but still revealed the truth </spoiler>. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Pale Rider on a Pale Horse
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  28,734 ratings  ·  4,612 reviews

Start your review of The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
They say: “Third time is a charm” and when I agree: because third book of the series is the BEST WRITTEN, RIVETING, EXCITING, ENTERTAINING, A GREAT TRIBUTE TO AGATHA CHRISTIE BOOKS!

The weakest thing about Truly Devious series is lack of adorable, likable characters but you slowly get used to their quirkiness, strange antics and their asocial manners. Stevie is adorably weird, introvert, die-hard fan of crime thriller podcasts, cold cases from the past (I’m not talking about younger version of my
emma
Here’s the thing: This is not a good mystery.

A good mystery, a truly remarkable one, has not only a question at its core that fascinates and eludes the reader. This series certainly has that, but it’s not the only thing that really makes a mystery book worth writing home about.

The really fun thing, the thing that makes the best works of this genre worth reading, is the solution.

The solution should be the peak of the story, not the letdown. It should be an ohmygod moment, a muttered “holy sh*t” a
daph pink ♡
Truly devious:- ⭐⭐.15/5 Read review here
Vanishing stair :- ⭐.75/5 Read review here
Hand on wall :- ⭐⭐.5/5

*Spoiler ahead*

So with infinite Sherlock Holmes , 12 Agatha Christie , 1 Nancy drew , 1 shinning, 1 Great Gatsby and 1 titanic reference we have come to the end of this truly stupid and lame series!!

Yeah don't fight me! Okay I am not in mood , my mind committed suicide three times in last three days !!

✏ here is a piece of advice to author Next time try and make your characters likeable p
jessica
im definitely in the minority with my feelings on this conclusion, but after my reaction to ‘the vanishing stair,’ i could see this coming.

this was okay. not the worst, but i didnt do a reread of the other books before picking this up so it took me a while to remember/piece together what was happening. i also dont remember david being such a major douche?! his character really turned me off to pretty much everything he was involved in.

overall, i wasnt overly impressed, nor was i disappointed w
TheYALibrarian
I was warned The Vanishing Stair ended on a cliffhanger. Did it stop me from finishing it in a few days? NO AND I REGRET NOTHING AND REGRET EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME!!!! FFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
description

Update 1/21/20

Rating 5 Stars

Got to have this for the holiday weekend and wow...what a fucking ride. I didn't want a second of it to end. More review to come I think I just need to go sob in the corner for a while...
Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
At the end of The Vanishing Stair it says this book will apparently be called The Hand on the Wall??

Whatever the name is, I'm bitter that I have to wait till next year to read it after yet another cliffhanger. The life of a reader is not a fair one.
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Here's my 5 🌟 parts of the trilogy:
✨The 2nd half of the 1st book
✨The whole of the 2nd book (minus David, of course)
✨The first half of the 3rd book

Well, it's worth binge reading! And it's so interesting and fast paced that you won't take much time reading each book (don't get fooled by the number of pages!).

Why the last one is not a perfect 5 🌟 read for me:
I still couldn't stand David and Stevie together. The romance was so out of place. And I simply couldn't understand why the author tried to fo
hyacinth
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
maureen could’ve put all these in one book 🤦‍♀️
Theresa
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
How could they mess up this premise this much. How.

This book (and as a result, the series as a whole) is aimless, meandering and lacks any shred of tension or suspense. The mystery is wrapped up in mere minutes based on absolutely nothing and most of it wasn't actually discovered by Stevie but instead revealed to the reader in long and unnecessary flashbacks. Stevie herself then figured it out due to divine intervention or something. I don't know.

The lack of actual content in this series becom
Ashley Nuckles
I’m curling into a ball and dying inside now that this murder mystery is cracked wide open and there is nothing left to solve.

No but for real this book was AMAZING. I did happen to guess whodunit from around the middle, but there were still SO MANY EXTRA THINGS I hadn’t even thought about!! I just really love this series and if you want a cozy, murder mystery that borders on crazy conspiracy with puzzles and history and things, please read this! I begeth of you lol. Definitely a favorite for a
megs_bookrack
Update 1/2/19:

Preorder has been placed, now the countdown to arrival begins...

O.M.G.
Stop.

Hold up.

It's GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

My prayers have been answered.
Mariah
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
To quote the best character in this series:
“ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME HAVE AN EMOTION???”

If you are like me and while you enjoyed the first two books in the series, you were kind of bored through most of it: I urge you to pick this up!

First, you get the satisfaction of finishing a series, seeing it through to the end.

Second - this one actually had me on the edge of my seat for more than just the cliffhanger!
Stayed up until 2:30AM to see it through and am now sitting at my work desk at 7:25AM, c
April
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wish this series would continue on, but still love how it ended overall.
Ari
Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon | B&N

"But that's what clues are.
Clues are junk. They're things that fly off the car
when it gets into an accident.
Murder is messy, and you have to use garbage to figure out
what's going on."

I was nineteen-years-old when I read Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None for the first time, and I am eternally grateful to my uncle for suggesting it to me. Since then, I recommend it to everyone who's a book lover. I get mixed responses on that recommendation: “B
Jananie (thisstoryaintover)
3.) The Hand on the Wall ★★★★.75

-----------------------------------------------

Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Jan 01, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
WE HAVE A COVER. I had a feeling it would follow the Red, Blue and Green of YA rule
*********
You know what this means.... We won't know what happens until 2020

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
kelly ♥
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
2020...... i could be dead by then stevie will have to solve MY murder

————-

3/09/2020: 3.5 rounded to 4 (WHEN will goodreads let us have half stars??!!!!!!)

a solid ending to this trilogy, even if i a) didn’t really remember anything from before and b) had it figured out about halfway through.
Kai
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
People told me to keep reading despite the horrible love interest because it would all be worth it in the end. And I'm not so sure about that.

This trilogy (yes I know there's a sequel but we all know this was intended to be a trilogy that thanks to its success now receives one or multiple sequels) was overall really fun. Great characters, fantastic setting, the promise of mystery and murder in the air. And I got mystery and I got murder. It just...could have been better.

Stupid, unnecessary, bori
Lia Carstairs
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
  "My moose," she said in a low voice. "I finally got it. The universe paid me in moose."

Lol what kind of ending was that.😂🤣
Yes, Stevie, you finally got to see a moving branch moose.😁

I told myself going into this, that I would be paranoid of every single person in this book (minus the original crew).
Yet even doing that, I still didn't expect a certain someone to be behind all of this from the beginning.🤯😅
I keep this saying, but I really do suck at detective work.
jv poore
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Somewhat sad that Stevie has finally solved the case of the century, I really enjoyed the Truly Devious trilogy. The Hand on the Wall wraps things up...not "nicely" but pretty much what a Maureen Johnson fan expects: no disappointments. ...more
Maryam&#x1f33b;
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“𝙄𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙨, 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮.”

For once in my bookworm life I read a book directly after it was released and I’m glad I did because I loved The Hand on the Wall!
I literally ate it up and could not put it down. It’s highly enjoyable, mysterious and captivating and we finally got the answers! Definitely my favorite out of the trilogy.

In Truly Devious I struggled with liking the characters, especially the main character, Stevie. But throughout the
Angela Staudt
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Now that is how you end a series. I mean honestly each book got better and the number of reveals in this last book still has me stunned. I wish this story didn’t have to end, I undeniably love Ellingham Academy and all of the characters. The mystery was spectacular and I had absolutely no idea whatsoever throughout the whole book who the culprit was.

If I had to describe The Hand on the Wall I would use riveting, amazing, entertaining, a wild ride, and a masterpiece. At the end of The Vanishing
Leonie
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
I had a lot of fun with this series but it did slowly go downhill with each installment. Ultimately, this should have just been one book, instead of a trilogy.
sofia
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

trigger warnings:
drugs, drinking, alcoholism, violence, death, anxiety, panic attacks

this was definitely the best one in the series!!! the characters were great, the mystery was captivating, and the reveal was shocking. i am still not a huge fan of the romance, but the rest of the book was amazing. i have a lot more to say, so i will write a real review eventually, but for now, enjoy these quotes by the love of my life and the best character in this book, nathanial fisher:

"i am out of ide
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones)
Eeeeeerr. Well, I can't say I'm surprised by my general feelings toward this last book.
But you never know, right? Sometimes, magic happens?
Not here though, but that doesn't make it a bad book.
2,5 stars : 4 stars for the addictive whodunnit, 2 for the characters in general, 1 for David.

I loved the Ellingham case. The "case of the century" really was captivating, from the prologue of book 1 introducing Dottie Epstein to discovering about all the protagonists of this era, like Leo and Flora, and G
Cori Reed
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I DEEPLY love this series. I feel like so many aspects of so many characters felt like home. Even the setting felt like home! I do not think it is a perfect mystery, and I don't think the characters have perfect relationships, but it's real in a messy life kinda way. ...more
Kassidy
*3.5*

I really enjoyed listening to this on audiobook, the atmosphere came to life. This one is more fast-paced than the others in the series, but at times it felt directionless. I also did not like where the romance went..
I still love this trilogy overall!
✨    jamieson   ✨
OUR TREASURE
all i care about starts at nine
Dance twelve hundred steps on the northern line
To the left bank three hundred times
E+A
Line flag
tiptoe

I can't believe this series is over! I had so much fun with this spooky, atmospheric mystery. It was a lot of fun and enjoyed revelling in some tropes and cliche's of dark academia/detective mysteries and I thought that was enjoyable. And at times it was genuinely creepy which was fun too.

I think I liked the middle book most of this series. One thin
Amber (Books of Amber)
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-recap
It was nice to get some closure! I still think this series could have been condensed into two books.

Full review to come.

• Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • All This Could Be Yours
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Full Throttle
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume II
  • The Downstairs Girl
  • Spectacle (Spectacle, #1)
  • Sisters of Sword and Song
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • The Language of Fire: Joan of Arc Reimagined
  • Maybe This Time
  • Long Bright River
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Deep & Dark Blue
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Deep
  • Seeker (The Royal Trials, #2)
  • Hold Me (Twist Me, #3)

Truly Devious (4 books)
  • Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
  • The Box in the Woods

Articles featuring this book

Girls who save the world, sweeping dystopias, contemporary love stories, and high fantasy are all staples of the current young adult book...
“The wonderful thing about reality is that it is highly flexible. One minute, all is doom; the next, everything is abloom with possibility.” 30 likes
“Anxiety does not ask your permission. Anxiety does not come when expected. It's very rude. It barges in at the strangest moments, stopping all activity, focusing everything on itself It sucks the air our of your lungs and scrambles the world.” 18 likes