Start by marking “The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)

The Hand on the Wall

(Truly Devious #3)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  6,065 ratings  ·  1,259 reviews
Ellingham Academy must be cursed. Three people are now dead. One, a victim of either a prank gone wrong or a murder. Another, dead by misadventure. And now, an accident in Burlington has claimed another life. All three in the wrong place at the wrong time. All at the exact moment of Stevie’s greatest triumph . . .

She knows who Truly Devious is. She’s solved it. The
Published January 21st 2020 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Hand on the Wall, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Donna I would have wanted people to know I solved the case, but yes, I would have donated a big chunk back to the school.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Hayhorses honestly, idk. evidently the novel comes out january 21st, so wait 14 days and i guess we’ll find out?

·  6,065 ratings  ·  1,259 reviews

Start your review of The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
They say: “Third time is a charm” and when I agree: because third book of the series is the BEST WRITTEN, RIVETING, EXCITING, ENTERTAINING, A GREAT TRIBUTE TO AGATHA CHRISTIE BOOKS!

The weakest thing about Truly Devious series is lack of adorable, likable characters but you slowly get used to their quirkiness, strange antics and their asocial manners. Stevie is adorably weird, introvert, die-hard fan of crime thriller podcasts, cold cases from the past (I’m not talking about younger version of
emma
if i die tonight, it's for one of the following reasons:
1) one of the murderers in this book got to me. (somehow crossed the bounds of fiction.)
2) i passed away from thirst, because i finished my water while reading this but was too scared to get out of bed and get more. (see: real murderers point, above.)

review to come / 3.5 stars

--------------

IT'S HAPPENING.

I HAVE THIS BOOK IN MY HANDS, I AM ABOUT TO OPEN IT, IT IS HAPPENING.

AAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
At the end of The Vanishing Stair it says this book will apparently be called The Hand on the Wall??

Whatever the name is, I'm bitter that I have to wait till next year to read it after yet another cliffhanger. The life of a reader is not a fair one.
TheYALibrarian
I was warned The Vanishing Stair ended on a cliffhanger. Did it stop me from finishing it in a few days? NO AND I REGRET NOTHING AND REGRET EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME!!!! FFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
description

Update 1/21/20

Rating 5 Stars

Got to have this for the holiday weekend and wow...what a fucking ride. I didn't want a second of it to end. More review to come I think I just need to go sob in the corner for a while...
megs_bookrack
Update 1/2/19:

Preorder has been placed, now the countdown to arrival begins...

O.M.G.
Stop.

Hold up.

It's GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

My prayers have been answered.
Mariah
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
To quote the best character in this series:
“ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME HAVE AN EMOTION???”

If you are like me and while you enjoyed the first two books in the series, you were kind of bored through most of it: I urge you to pick this up!

First, you get the satisfaction of finishing a series, seeing it through to the end.

Second - this one actually had me on the edge of my seat for more than just the cliffhanger!
Stayed up until 2:30AM to see it through and am now sitting at my work desk at 7:25AM,
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Here's my 5 parts of the trilogy:
The 2nd half of the 1st book
The whole of the 2nd book (minus David, of course)
The first half of the 3rd book

Well, it's worth binge reading! And it's so interesting and fast paced that you won't take much time reading each book (don't get fooled by the number of pages!).

Why the last one is not a perfect 5 read for me:
I still couldn't stand David and Stevie together. The romance was so out of place. And I simply couldn't understand why the author tried to force
April (Aprilius Maximus)

Ari
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2020-reads
Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon | B&N

"But that's what clues are.
Clues are junk. They're things that fly off the car
when it gets into an accident.
Murder is messy, and you have to use garbage to figure out
what's going on."

I was nineteen-years-old when I read Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None for the first time, and I am eternally grateful to my uncle for suggesting it to me. Since then, I recommend it to everyone who's a book lover. I get mixed responses on that recommendation:
kelly ♥
May 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2020
2020...... i could be dead by then stevie will have to solve MY murder
Maryam🌻
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“𝙄𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙨, 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮.”

For once in my bookworm life I read a book directly after it was released and I’m glad I did because I loved The Hand on the Wall!
I literally ate it up and could not put it down. It’s highly enjoyable, mysterious and captivating and we finally got the answers! Definitely my favorite out of the trilogy.

In Truly Devious I struggled with liking the characters, especially the main character, Stevie. But throughout the
Kristy
The finale to the Truly Devious trilogy does not disappoint. Stevie Bell believes she has solved the famous Truly Devious case. But she hasn't really told anyone yet. After all, yet another person is dead, someone else (whom she has kissed) has disappeared, and then another accident strikes Ellingham Academy. All while a giant snowstorm is about to hit the school. Stevie is sure everything is tied together--the deaths in the past, the deaths in the present. But it's finally too much for ...more
Cori Reed
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I DEEPLY love this series. I feel like so many aspects of so many characters felt like home. Even the setting felt like home! I do not think it is a perfect mystery, and I don't think the characters have perfect relationships, but it's real in a messy life kinda way.
Tucker
Jan 01, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
WE HAVE A COVER. I had a feeling it would follow the Red, Blue and Green of YA rule
*********
You know what this means.... We won't know what happens until 2020

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
Amber (Books of Amber)
It was nice to get some closure! I still think this series could have been condensed into two books.

Full review to come.
linda ❃ (flourishreader)
note to self: never start a mystery series ever again until the series is complete ever again.

*meanwhile has 154512 mystery books that are 1st in a new series*

also: they know we suffer already so they put higher prices on books that are last in a series.
prag ♻
Nov 18, 2016 marked it as maybe-to-read
okay, new rule.

no adding untitled books from series i haven't even read.

like, what is wrong with me??
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to function until I have this book in my hands because holy shit that cliffhanger
Ashley
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Star Rating: —> 4.5 Stars

So... The Truly Devious conclusion was Truly Delightful!
(Get it? Get it? I know, the wit, how can you even take it?) Anyway, my outstanding wit aside...

Surprised? I was too! The finale of this book trio not only wasn’t in the 3 star range, but I enjoyed it so much that it scored 4 and a HALF stars from me! That kind of bump up in overall enjoyment was an amazing gift, especially because I can’t NOT read the rest of the books ffcin a series, even if i don’t LOVE the
hyacinth
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
maureen could’ve put all these in one book ...more
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
y'all do not even comprehend how relieved I am that this didn't suck. I've been let down so many times by series wrap ups but this was so satisfying to me! SO DAMN SATISFYING! This is easily one of my fav series ever.
Clara
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Phew. What a hell of a ride.
Natalia  R
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very satisfying conclusion to a great trilogy! If you enjoy murder mysteries set in boarding schools, then I highly recommend the Truly Devious series.
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones)
Eeeeeerr. Well, I can't say I'm surprised by my general feelings toward this last book.
But you never know, right? Sometimes, magic happens?
Not here though, but that doesn't make it a bad book.
2,5 stars : 4 stars for the addictive whodunnit, 2 for the characters in general, 1 for David.

I loved the Ellingham case. The "case of the century" really was captivating, from the prologue of book 1 introducing Dottie Epstein to discovering about all the protagonists of this era, like Leo and Flora, and
Kate
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5stars

I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH. These books really do flow together SO perfectly its basically just reading one big mystery story. I LOVED how this wrapped up and I loved how many little things we figured out along the way but the BIG reveal was kept a secret. I love how these are written in dual POVs from the past and present and I LOVE our characters SO MUCH.

I had only two things that brought this from a 5 to a 4.5 star but they are both spoilers: (view spoiler)
Ashley
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This series was a wild ride and I'm very sad its over!!!!

i loved this setting so much -- it's a school I would have died to go to when I was a teen (and probs also now tbh lol)

I'm conflicted whether i liked knowing about the past before stevie/the present gets the info. On one hand I loved the dual timelines, but we obviously get vital info before it catches up to the present which can be kind of annoying in a mystery. There were plenty of other twists tho, don't get me wrong.

(view spoiler)
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finished this an hour ago and I already miss this series brb while I go cry over my girl stevie
Jennie Damron
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this trilogy. What a great way to end the series. Stevie is one of my favorite female characters. She battles severe anxiety, but does not allow that to stop her from achieveing her goals and plans. These books pay homage to classic murder mysteries like Christie and Holmes, in a wonderful new way. I was intrigued and engrossed with every book. I'm kind of sad that I have to leave the world of Ellingham Academy. Highly recommend... it's simply wonderful.
Davina Herondale
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-favorites
22. January 2020

Guys, when I say I finished this by both audiobook and physical copy bc I had school and a 20 minute drive would NOT come between me and this amazing story, ya girl isn't lying.

Now that being said, I gotta RTC bc I have to wake up at 4 tomorrow morning for work and that thought alone makes me sad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
15. October 2019

yall i need this yesterday

• One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • All This Could Be Yours
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Full Throttle
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories, Volume II
  • The Downstairs Girl
  • Spectacle (Spectacle, #1)
  • Sisters of Sword and Song
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • The Language of Fire: Joan of Arc Reimagined
  • Maybe This Time
  • Long Bright River
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Deep & Dark Blue
  • Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • The Deep
  • Seeker (The Royal Trials, #2)
Maureen knew from an early age she wanted to be a writer. She went to high school at an all-girls' Catholic school and graduated from University of Delaware with a degree in writing. She now lives and writes in New York City.

Many of the adventures Maureen's characters face in her books are based on real-life stories. Maureen has traveled all over Europe, and is a Secret Sister to vlog brothers

Truly Devious (3 books)
  • Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
“The wonderful thing about reality is that it is highly flexible. One minute, all is doom; the next, everything is abloom with possibility.” 1 likes
“Think about what you could be stopping—someone who uses racist policies to hurt or kill people. Someone who could do untold damage to the environment. Someone who could start an illegal war to distract from his political problems. You know, Vi, that he’s capable of that.” 1 likes