Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Monthly Challenge 2019 > September Reporting Thread

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4022 comments Mod
September Reporting Thread

- Please keep this thread for reporting. Any questions or comments should be directed to the challenge details thread
- Keep your reporting to one thread, once you've completed all of your books for the month
- Only list completed tasks and books
- To make it easier for collating points, please make a note if the books are from the Goodreads winners and nominees list

- Example of how to post
[task description] - [book title] - [how many points]

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 74 comments 1. Month: Read a book released in September (any year) Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know - 1pt

2. Letter of the Month: Read a book with the title or author starting with S The Sword of Shannara - 1pt

3. Month in Numbers: Read a book with 9 letters or words in the title (subtitle can count) Hiroshima - 1 pt

7. National Online Learning Day: Read a book you've been recommended from an online source (Goodreads, BookTube etc) The Tattooist of Auschwitz - 2 pts

8. European Day of Languages: Read a book with a European setting A Discovery of Witches - 1 pt

9. Be Late For Something Day: Read a book you're late to read - wanted to read in 2018 or previous to that I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban - 1 pt

10. Read a book day: Read a book of your own choice Terns of Endearment - 1pt

8pts

message 3: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 813 comments 5 pts for the month

1. Pub in Sept. The Cuban Affair
2. Letter of the month The Silent Patient
3. 9 letters Stumptown, Vol. 1: The Case of the Girl Who Took Her Shampoo
4. MC in the food business Date Night
10. Book of choice Sometimes I Lie

message 4: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4022 comments Mod
Sherri

Completed

1. Month: Read a book released in September (any year) -- Panzer Commander: The Memoirs of Colonel Hans von Luck by Hans von Luck, published Sept 1989, 9/7/19, 3/5*

2. Letter of the Month: Read a book with the title or author starting with S --- Spearhead: An American Tank Gunner, His Enemy, and a Collision of Lives In World War II by Adam Makos, 9/8/19, 3/5*

3. Month in Numbers: Read a book with 9 letters or words in the title (subtitle can count) --- Divergent by Veronica Roth, 9/3/19, 5/5*

4. York Food Festival: The festival that I organise is this month (https://www.yorkfoodfestival.com/). Read a book with food or drink on the cover or an MC that works with food or drink -- Poisoned Tarts by G.A. McKevett, 9/27/19, 3/5*

5. National Comic Book Day: Read a comic book / graphic novel / manga or a book with significant amount of illustrations-- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson, 9/11/19, 4/5*

6. National Creme de Menthe Day: Read a book with a green cover --- The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, 9/4/19, 5/5*

7. National Online Learning Day: Read a book you've been recommended from an online source (Goodreads, BookTube etc) -- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus by Charles C. Mann, 9/12/19, 3/5*

8. European Day of Languages: Read a book with a European setting --- The Sandman by Lars Kepler, northern European country of Sweden, 9/14/19, 3/5*

9. Be Late For Something Day: Read a book you're late to read - wanted to read in 2018 or previous to that -- The Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang, 9/10/19, 5/5*

10. Read a book day: Read a book of your own choice -- Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris, 9/17/19, 2/5*

message 5: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4022 comments Mod
Hayley

September Categories- Done

1. Month: Read a book released in September (any year) – Jim Henson’s Muppet Babies: I Want to See . . . *

2. Letter of the Month: Read a book with the title or author starting with S- Savage Harvest- Carl Hoffman*

3. Month in Numbers: Read a book with 9 letters or words in the title (subtitle can count)-Odessa Sea - Clive Cussler*

4. York Food Festival: The festival that I organise is this month (https://www.yorkfoodfestival.com/). Read a book with food or drink on the cover or an MC that works with food or drink – from Barcelona, with love- Elizabeth Adler*

5. National Comic Book Day: Read a comic book / graphic novel / manga or a book with significant amount of illustrations- Avatar the last Airbender: The Lost Adventures*

6. National Creme de Menthe Day: Read a book with a green cover- Crazy Rich Asians- Kevin Kwan*

7. National Online Learning Day: Read a book you've been recommended from an online source (Goodreads, BookTube etc)- Ready, Player One- Ernest Cline*

8. European Day of Languages: Read a book with a European setting- The King’s Curse- Philippa Gregory*

9. Be Late For Something Day: Read a book you're late to read - wanted to read in 2018 or previous to that- Whatever You Do, Don’t Run- Peter Allison*

10. Read a book day: Read a book of your own choice -Killer View- Ridley Pearson*

message 6: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 81 comments 1. Month: Read a book released in September (any year)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer 1pt

2. Letter of the Month: Read a book with the title or author starting with S
Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore 1pt

4. York Food Festival: The festival that I organise is this month (https://www.yorkfoodfestival.com/). Read a book with food or drink on the cover or an MC that works with food or drink
A River of Stars 1pt

7. National Online Learning Day: Read a book you've been recommended from an online source (Goodreads, BookTube etc)
The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One 2pt

8. European Day of Languages: Read a book with a European setting
The Other Woman 1pt

9. Be Late For Something Day: Read a book you're late to read - wanted to read in 2018 or previous to that
Behold the Dreamers 1pt

10. Read a book day: Read a book of your own choice
Holy Sister 1pt

Total points: 8